Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

Benirons

This is seriously bull. 3 weeks in a row now. I put up with this for 2 weeks and i really had my hopes up for getting what i thought would be SM ops for the weekly (or anything else for the matter, i dont care).

The pattern seems to be 2 weeks straight u get the same timed weekly. Since my recent return to the game a 3 week streak is unprecedented and very unwelcome.

Im seriously being pressed into queuing GSF while watching/doing whatever and just doing nothing cross my fingers for 3 wins eventually.

Is this what u guys want? This is not exactly conducive to a healthy gameplay environment.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. I've got 100% legacy GSF completion, 10:1 kill:death ratio on my sorc, and this incessant GSF is clearly a failure. I can play GSF, but the mission for the crystal is badly flawed, obviously a lot of people don't like GSF, and 3 weeks in a row is very poor.

Moderation in all things

― Aristotle

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

This is seriously bull. 3 weeks in a row now. I put up with this for 2 weeks and i really had my hopes up for getting what i thought would be SM ops for the weekly (or anything else for the matter, i dont care).

The pattern seems to be 2 weeks straight u get the same timed weekly. Since my recent return to the game a 3 week streak is unprecedented and very unwelcome.

Im seriously being pressed into queuing GSF while watching/doing whatever and just doing nothing cross my fingers for 3 wins eventually.

Is this what u guys want? This is not exactly conducive to a healthy gameplay environment.

Exactly. I just saw that there and I literally came on to make the exact same post.

Its settled. Idc about the next expansion

Bioware is clearly trying to kill this game off.

We've had 5.10 six months now.

There's no way they don't understand that people don't want to do the weekly as a GSF mission.

It's walking on to a ground based fighting, PVE planet and being told that to progress on it you must adapt a completely new playstyle or suffer a reduction in rewards.

GSF has nothing to do with Ossus.

Warzones arguably do as they are ground combat training scenarios but not GSF.

Instead of listening to the hundreds of posts from players who went out their way to express to Bioware the concerns they have - all with intents to help them keep this game running well for its majority playerbase.

They just seem to want to force you to play GSF content regardless of how you feel about it.

I bet no one has and they can't forge the correct activity report so they just ran it consecutively.

Lets all continue to not do the weekly when its GSF and miss out.

Just to stick it to them and let them know we will not be muscled into letting them choose what we do with our own money.

Normally when it's just a week then it's like fair enough, this game isn't meant solely for me and there are people who DO enjoy GSF so a week dedicated to them is fine, maybe even two weeks. However three weeks in a row is completely unacceptable. Regardless of what I think of GSF or whether or not people like it or not they need to set up an actual rotation if it is just based solely on rng. People who enjoy pve and ground-based pvp also need their modes represented and three weeks in a row of the same mission regardless of your feelings towards it is awful.

You could actually, you know, try to learn GSF and enjoy it for the great game that it is. Too many people complain about GSF and don't give it a fair chance or appreciate how deep and well-designed it really is.

If you seriously hate GSF that much, don't do the weekly. Get your crystals elsewhere. You lose out on one stinking crystal, big deal.

Edited by Loadsamonie

They're in league with both the Illuminati and the Yeti.

I doubt that because Illuminati are experts at mind control so if they were cultists we'd probably take GSF and thank them for it.

They're not in league with Yeti - they are Yeti - neckbeards that never leave the house and spend all day on the PC, yet still never seem to browse the correct material we need them to.

Edited by sdom

You could actually, you know, try to learn GSF and enjoy it for the great game that it is. Too many people complain about GSF and don't give it a fair chance or appreciate how deep and well-designed it really is.

If you seriously hate GSF that much, don't do the weekly. Get your crystals elsewhere. You lose out on one stinking crystal, big deal.

I dont care two pence about GSF. Dont wanna play it at all. And yes it is a big deal that we lose out on "one stinking" crystal. Getting 258 gear is severely time gated. Do note how i put up with 2 weeks of this nonesense. 3rd week in a row in just silly and a big middle finger to anyone who is simply put not interested in GSF. If i wanna play space shooter, i play battlefront 2 starfighter. Looks much better.

Have you done the maths.

Let me run you through it:

You get 4 crystals a week.

If I don't play GSF (which I don't) then you lose 1 crystal.

We have had GSF 3 weeks in a row.

1 x 3 = 3.

For people who don't want to or can't play GSF that's almost a full weeks worth of available crystals gone if you skip this timed mission.

That's almost 2 pieces of gear at 252 rated or one of the cheaper pieces of 258 gear.

And both those figures just so happen to be the most of each rating you can possibly achieve, each week.

Now lets do pseudomaths with no actual numbers.

At a cap of 4 crystals a week.

You work for 14 slots costing 2 crystals each. (7 week grind provided you do all 4)

You then work for 14 slots costing between 3 and 4 crystals each, which takes roughly a week a slot.

I will carry over the extra crystal left from the times we get 4 but spend 3 on our 258 items and make an approximate guess that you will spend 10 weeks doing your 258 gear.

This is a 17 week grind. Or roughly 4 months.

Now if for 3/4 weeks each month, we lost 1 masterwork crystal.

That adds an extra month, or 25% of the grind.

Where is that reasonable pace to be setting?

I accept there are people who like GSF.

But there are also far more who do not and they're the ones that need listened to.

Edited by sdom

I think it’s far more likely that this is either a statistical anomaly or a bug, than the notion that it is deliberate attempt by the developers to upset people. Seriously, take a chill pill.

6.0 is four months away, and how many MasDC or 258 pieces you got or arguably missed out on will be entirely irrelevant. I challenge people to name me a master mode raider left in the game who can’t clear their MM operations with whatever they have at this moment, or a non-cheating ranked pvp’er who isn’t comfortably in the tier they want to be in the gear they already possess.

But, any requisition you earned on your ships or experience in the game mode WILL still be useful since GSF is not changing fundamentally like the ground game is. Just some food for thought.

I think it’s far more likely that this is either a statistical anomaly or a bug, than the notion that it is deliberate attempt by the developers to upset people. Seriously, take a chill pill.

6.0 is four months away, and how many MasDC or 258 pieces you got or arguably missed out on will be entirely irrelevant. I challenge people to name me a master mode raider left in the game who can’t clear their MM operations with whatever they have at this moment, or a non-cheating ranked pvp’er who isn’t comfortably in the tier they want to be in the gear they already possess.

But, any requisition you earned on your ships or experience in the game mode WILL still be useful since GSF is not changing fundamentally like the ground game is. Just some food for thought.

Sure, except for the fact not everyone, like u it seems, has been around since ossus gear launch. Anything i miss out on is sorely missed cause ive been back a few weeks personally. 4 months is a long time, might as well have said there is no reason to gear ever, cause there will be another expansion with a new lvl cap, eventually.

• Dev Post

Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric

Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric

Aww. I was hoping we'd go 4 for 4. GSF is life Eric. =(

Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric

I suppose when 6.0 launches it will be a moot point but perhaps there should be a larger variety of things to choose from? Or perhaps the weekly should just be "Do one of these activities" and the player can pick what they want to do.

I suppose when 6.0 launches it will be a moot point but perhaps there should be a larger variety of things to choose from? Or perhaps the weekly should just be "Do one of these activities" and the player can pick what they want to do.

This ^

Random gambling makes people mad. Giving people options and choices makes people happy.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as rude Eric, but if it can be checked manually, why was it not checked to make sure this issue doesn't happen? Did it just not come to mind for the devs? Just asking for the reason, and hopefully things can be looked at to prevent this issue from happening again? Thanks :)

Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric

Thanks for the confirmation.

Good to know how things really work. Would be really nice if there was a clause in the RNG code that prevents anything from happening more than once in a row, diversity is a good thing.

My advice is, that just ignore BiS gear 258 and play game for fun. If you wanna do wz, do wz. Fp? Do Fp. Ops,uprising, rp...do any of those. Stop chasing BiS. because you'll hate the game and you'll burn out on it. I am on my main toons in 248-ish gear and it gets the job done.

It's their MO...gear cap,grind and level raise,because they can't do nothing else. And they hate themselves and the circle they are in. And everytime they lose more and more players and they can't figure it out, why they keep losing players.

This "time-gate" I have no problem with, when doen within reason. I gave so many suggestions to BW over years and they just ignore their players. They are all hush hush on 6.0, because they know gearing will piss ppl off and alot of players will leave. Today it renewed my sub and I'll do that Dantooine event on 28th, but after that event I'll probably be gone. Story doesn't excite me for 6.0, gearing I could care less..new ops same,fp same..nothing excites me about 6.0 because they all hush hush about it and when it's gonna come out broken, then they do their PR stunt like our feedback matters.

Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric

Correct me if I'm wrong Eric, but we've had it multiple times now that the same Weekly was two times in a row. I was under the impression that this was intentional. A one in four chance, and you randomize that? This shouldn't be the case. If you are indeed saying that this is random, then it should be changed and have a set schedule, like Conquest.

Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric

Eric, I was a customer service agent for a long time and this statement is in my opinion, entirely political on your part.

I'm thankful of behalf of all of us on the thread for isolating what caused this to happen,

The fact remains though, that despite this check, there is no indication you've done anything.~

You've just basically said "aye, that can happen".

Im hoping that you'll consider a simple fix like storing the previous two weeks challenges selected within a variable so you can run a simple if loop that will at least make sure it doesn't happen three weeks in a row.

Two is chance but three is too much.

And the thing is you can clearly avidly check whats upcoming so you're either not paying attention to the RNG or else you let this happen.

Unrelated, but.

Any chance you can take a look at the PVP RNG for unranked and ranked. Its broke too!

Edited by sdom

Correct me if I'm wrong Eric, but we've had it multiple times now that the same Weekly was two times in a row. I was under the impression that this was intentional. A one in four chance, and you randomize that? This shouldn't be the case. If you are indeed saying that this is random, then it should be changed and have a set schedule, like Conquest.

Yeah, that's what got confused me too. The few weeks ive been back it seemed to have been 2 in a row regardless of what it was. So i was 100% sure that it would be something new for this week.

Im not a fan of RNG, so i welcome the idea of set schedule, like conquest, that we can prepare for in advance.

Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric

258 Rating Gear is the main purpose of the Masterwork Data Crystals, and the only content in the game you need it for is Nightmare Mode Gods of the Machine, so how come you earn nightmare progression gear from an auxiliary game mode? This is hilarious and makes it obvious that the Dev Team doesn't even bother to play the game, or you would notice how ridiculous this is.