odd issue

Docthebutcher

I have a very strange issue happening

ONLY on level 70s does this happen

My system locks up doing just about anything on a level 70...

Any toon lower there are NO issues.

It is not my system or my internet..

I already tried several games that actually use my system aka swtor doesn't need to much to run on

I uninstalled and reinstalled swtor today on a different SSD and only have SSDs in my computer and

never had a issue like this before.

all my 70s are unplayable due to my system locking up for several seconds then it is find when i dismount my entire system freezes for several seconds.

my system

i7 5820 running at 4.0ghz

16 gigs of ddr ram

MSI gaming 1080 ti

Saber-tooth X99 motherboard

3x500 gig SSD

1x 1 TB SSD

850plus 80 Power supply.

win 7 64 pro

all drivers are updated

ONLY my 70s have this issue..

No other games duplicates this issue

I am asking for help...

Just 70s and nothing else...freeze up my entire system for several seconds. Every time i move or mount or dismount a level 70 character

Thanks in advance

Doc

Try running the i7 at stock speeds. Strange things have happened to OC'd rigs.

In any case, since not everyone has this problem it's likely to be something related to your particular rig. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date. (Maybe even upgrade to Win 10 - but that's not likely to make a difference.)

I have done everything, even deleted and reinstalled swtor on a different SSD

I turned my cpu speed down...though it wouldn't be anything with my system since it is only level 70 Characters with this issue...

I ran it on this older system and same thing just 70s lock the computers up.

a 69 wont a 49 wont a 12 wont...

it is the oddest I will be bush whacked problem.

I guess I could delete those characters but ummm NO...

I put tickets and you all know nothing really ever gets done with tickets.

There is almost no one working on this game

Our expansions are updates in most other games...

Has to be something messed up in those 70s codes...

Owell...its just swtor...not like its anything special among all the others

WAIT...it is STAR WARS it is special...yet treated like a outdated 15 year old game...

SAD....

Thanks the few who tried to help...

Edited by Docthebutcher

The logical assumption when it only affects lvl 70 toons would be that it is definitely game related and not at all with your rig. What it is, well, I have no idea but it can't be Hardware or OS relarted imho. Edited by Khaleg

I have a very strange issue happening

ONLY on level 70s does this happen

My system locks up doing just about anything on a level 70...

Any toon lower there are NO issues.

It is not my system or my internet..

I already tried several games that actually use my system aka swtor doesn't need to much to run on

I uninstalled and reinstalled swtor today on a different SSD and only have SSDs in my computer and

never had a issue like this before.

all my 70s are unplayable due to my system locking up for several seconds then it is find when i dismount my entire system freezes for several seconds.

my system

i7 5820 running at 4.0ghz

16 gigs of ddr ram

MSI gaming 1080 ti

Saber-tooth X99 motherboard

3x500 gig SSD

1x 1 TB SSD

850plus 80 Power supply.

win 7 64 pro

all drivers are updated

ONLY my 70s have this issue..

No other games duplicates this issue

I am asking for help...

Just 70s and nothing else...freeze up my entire system for several seconds. Every time i move or mount or dismount a level 70 character

Thanks in advance

Doc

Interesting. Mine does something similar if not the same. I have an AMD 2700X and noticed that the system will "lock up" for a few seconds and is esp noticeable when I'm running or fighting. I can unfreeze it by moving, even if it's only a step or two. When fighting, I can't hit any key mapped to an attack but the game still runs and the NPC can still attack and move. If I just hit a movement key it seems to unfreeze and I can attack again. There doesn't seem to be a pattern I can pin down which would allow me to duplicate the issue.

I don't believe this is a hardware issue on my end and "feels" as though it's on the server end. While I can't fix your issue ... or mine ... at least you know you're not the only one.

Edit: After checking the bug reports there seems to to be a bug for Sith Warriors when Vette is out. I have a level 70 Guardian with Scourge out that seems to do the same thing. Intermittent freezing.

Edited by Malkosha

Are all of your level 70 toons sith warriors running around with Vette? That's a known lock-up problem.

You beat me to it! (thought anyone can get Vette from KotFE now, so it doesn't have to be just warriors.) I took an alt out last night who normally uses Vette, and man that is insane how she's affecting the game! It was a slideshow until I remembered the bug and switched out my companion.

I'm not sure if my problem is related, I think it is. I can't stay in the game with my lvl 70's either. I haven't tried the lower toons, but I can't stay in more than a few seconds to a minute before it bumps me out to an empty server list. (I don't run with Vette).

I tried deleting the bitraider thing and getting it to repatch, that sometimes does the trick, but this time no. This is just hilarious and not in a good way, with the amount of frustration I've been feeling about the game, to not even being able to play it when I want to.

Anyone have thoughts one what I can try? And no, it's not my net, the boy and husband are playing their games with no problems. I can't even stay in mine. :(

Please and thanks?

Edited by Lunafox