Sharp Dresser - Legacy Title/Achievment Guide

Pacram

I'm really proud of this guide. I've spent my entire day working on an achievement guide for Sharp Dresser. It has both a Republic/Imperial version to the guide, going into full detail for every part, for both factions

One of the most rewarding and lengthy Achievements in the game, Sharp Dresser will take you on a journey across almost all planets found in SWTOR, on a hunt for a wide variety of different outfits. A great deal of these are rather simple and very easy to obtain, however 3-4 will quite possibly take months and months. Personally it took me over a year to earn the currency to purchase the last remaining outfits.

This guide will go through each listed outfit in extensive detail, how to obtain them and all relevant information in order to complete this Achievement.

https://www.myexpanse.net/sharp-dresser-republic

Wait a sec, could you elaborate on the alternative route to buy the containment officer sets? Do I not need to bind the items for the achievement? I am still missing the imperial version, because I simply cannot be bothered to acquire 72 grey helixes anymore and back when the original event happened, I didn't have an imperial char that could go to Tatooine already.

Are you saying that I can buy e.g. the helmet, immediately refund it and it counts for the achievement nonetheless?

This would be a game changer. At least for this achievement. 16 grey helixes I can force myself to get.

Edited by JattaGin

Hai, yea sorry. I’ll make it more clear in the guide. What I mean though is that you’re able to buy one of the peices of the art. Upon purchasing it and having it in your inventory, if you refund it and keep buying the different parts it will unlock the achievement for it when you’ve purchased all the parts and refunded. You don’t want to equip anything as then you can’t refund it. It’s like, buy it, decide you don’t want it, return the product and buy the next part, repeat

The really impossible part of this achievement for me is going to be gaining the social ranks. Unless there's been some change to that since I last gave it a shot. I don't want to run Black Talon or Esseles umpteen billion times. Edited by EmilmcUgly

The really impossible part of this achievement for me is going to be gaining the social ranks. Unless there's been some change to that since I last gave it a shot. I don't want to run Black Talon or Esseles umpteen billion times.
Doing just about anything in groups seems to grant it, I've been gaining ranks just for running WBs on Ossus. Edited by Karameck

I'm really proud of this guide. I've spent my entire day working on an achievement guide for Sharp Dresser. It has both a Republic/Imperial version to the guide, going into full detail for every part, for both factions

One of the most rewarding and lengthy Achievements in the game, Sharp Dresser will take you on a journey across almost all planets found in SWTOR, on a hunt for a wide variety of different outfits. A great deal of these are rather simple and very easy to obtain, however 3-4 will quite possibly take months and months. Personally it took me over a year to earn the currency to purchase the last remaining outfits.

This guide will go through each listed outfit in extensive detail, how to obtain them and all relevant information in order to complete this Achievement.

https://www.myexpanse.net/sharp-dresser-republic

I love you!

I last week after finally completing the seeker droid mission I decided to try for this achievement & got all the planetary outfits. I was stopped in my tracks when I saw the amount of time/cost involved in buying the set from the cartel vendor - I worked out it would probably take me three years to get all the sets & gave up & started Loremaster instead. It DID NOT OCCUR TO ME that a buy-refund method would work! Thank you so much for pointing this out :) To me that was way worse than digging for dread seed (though that thought may come back to haunt me :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for this guide. I shall be running the hell out of Gree this weekend!

For those worried about group content; any grouping up works. I am the most antisocial player known to man and got to the highest social rank on my main almost by accident - I think it's because I do unranked warzones and that counts as social content.

P.S. You win the forums, the internet and the world with this guide! :D

Edited by Sarova

For those worried about group content; any grouping up works. I am the most antisocial player known to man and got to the highest social rank on my main almost by accident - I think it's because I do unranked warzones and that counts as social content.

Unless they've changed something warzones don't yield social points. That was a hot button topic for a while! You can get social points from conversation rolls in group content and from killing champion level mobs in group content.

Unless they've changed something warzones don't yield social points. That was a hot button topic for a while! You can get social points from conversation rolls in group content and from killing champion level mobs in group content.

That's interesting - I did not know that - yet it still counts as grouping for conquest? I have I been reading that wrong? Odd. I must have gained my social points via magical unicorns because other than the Ossus world boss I do (and have done) very little proper group content & I had max social rating long before Ossus on my main. Point being, if I can get it anyone can :)

Regardless, Pacram's guide is magnificent :)

You only get social points when you are participating in dialogue cutscenes in group finder content
That's not true, I know for sure you receive them for doing other group activities as well, even with no dialogue.

I haven't dug into it enough to know the specifics, someone else here might be able to add additional clarity, but for example, I've been receiving a significant amount of social points just for clearing WBs on Ossus.

That's not true, I know for sure you receive them for doing other group activities as well, even with no dialogue.

I haven't dug into it enough to know the specifics, someone else here might be able to add additional clarity, but for example, I've been receiving a significant amount of social points just for clearing WBs on Ossus.

If you can provide me with more information, I’d be happy to update the guide and give you credit

Agreed. I have received social points for doing some heroics while grouped. It was very minimal (something like 2 points for completion of the heroic) but there was no dialogue wheel and groupfinder was not involved in any way as I simply grouped up with one or more guildmates for the heroics. I don't recall if they were part of bonus mission completion or at the end of the heroic, I just remember getting them while doing the heroics.

Beautiful guide. I have all of them but the seeker droids. I'm still missing about half of them. Using the seeker droids drives me crazy. Seriously CRAZY.

You can start in one area and it takes you to a vertical cliff you can't access. You can start in one area, and 6 tries later, it goes red. You can try it 15 times and you get some worthless item. Serious frustration here. I doubt I'll be able to complete it.

Nevertheless, great job. :)

You get it for most group activities, regardless of dialogue. ie, flash points, heroics, etc.

You use to be able to get it doing Black Talon solo. Before they added SM, veteran, MM and lvl sync. It was a great way to farm social points solo.

• 1 year later...

I can't bother with this achievement, because the sets you reference that took you months to grind for were really easy to get in 1.x.

The prices are really ridiculous compared to what was required for the original items.

The seeker droid sets are also time consuming, but they weren't formally in the game in an easy to collect manner.

Especially since it is just for a legacy title, I think it's not worth the time that BW assigned to getting this done in the game. Otherwise, this would be a fun mini-quest of sorts to finish, since you do have to travel to many planets to get it done.

Edited by arunav

is this still up? i can't get it to load the site on anything.

Her site appears to be down, unfortunately. Which is a shame, Lucy's site was a great resource. Maybe she just has to 'turn it back on', however she could go about that. Would be AWESOME if BioWare could co-sponsor community members like her that stepped up though :D

I can't bother with this achievement, because the sets you reference that took you months to grind for were really easy to get in 1.x.

The prices are really ridiculous compared to what was required for the original items.

The seeker droid sets are also time consuming, but they weren't formally in the game in an easy to collect manner.

Especially since it is just for a legacy title, I think it's not worth the time that BW assigned to getting this done in the game. Otherwise, this would be a fun mini-quest of sorts to finish, since you do have to travel to many planets to get it done.

The older sets (I'm assuming you mean the ones from the first surprise Gree event?) are the easiest part! It counts each piece for the achievement once you equip them and you can sell them right back to refund them and get the next piece and repeat until you have them all for the specific set to pop up as completed. You only need the currency for the most expensive piece and you can get the sets done that way.

The seeker droids being time consuming is fair, though it can be tedious. They never updated the consumable to be more specific with the trajectory but once you get used to them, it works out. Only real issue is when buried items vanish completely. I think its fine to have it be a bit longer, as its supposed to be an achievement and not an instant 'gimme title'. But I wouldn't object to them adding another title that requires playing fun minigames across the many vanilla planets in underused but beautiful territory.

Really, its worth it. I was able to acquire most of the sets within a week barring the Dreadseed/Star Forager and sets. I had the currency laying around and I felt it was worth the wait. But as you said, if it isn't an achievement that's worth it, why have issue with it?