What's Next?

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

With 5.10.1 out the door I know you are all curious what is coming next. We have talked about some of this in the past but I want to put a new update all in one place.

• Bugs from 5.10.1 – We still have a few issues that popped out of 5.10.1 (such as Vette causing hitching) that we want to address. Our next planned patch was actually 5.10.2 but we want to get a bug fix patch out sooner then that if we can. It won’t be huge but getting a few of these fixes out soon is something we are actively investigating. I will pass on more details on timing and what will be fixed once I know more.
  • 5.10.2 – Our next update is coming… We are prepping a couple of blogs around what you can expect in this update along with getting things staged to get it in your hands on PTS. Look for more info on this update in early March.
  • After 5.10.2 – We should have details on our SW Celebration Cantina announced toward the end of February. Join us in Chicago if you can, or just keep your eyes posted on the interwebs during Celebration for more news from us on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric

This is something that you should have come out and stated earlier when people were asking about an upcoming road map. It should have been an easy answer to say we understand that people are eager for a roadmap about future content and the plan is to have more around the time of Star Wars Celebration.

It makes people more anxious when this is a known plan and yet it is delayed even being officially mentioned.

So you are going to fix some bugs and an announcement on a blog that will hint at what is coming in the future. This feels more like a response to being seen in the influencer forms while absent from the general form.

I get it that Anthem is your big thing at the moment, yet you are hardly making this the most amazing year yet as claimed. Hell is Keith even still the producer? Has his raid progression group not told him what HM operation to work on next. Or is he gone to Anthem? We have yet to even get the, January is a busy month with meetings post yet and we are heading to the end of February.

I just did the Collicoid Queen and I'm a little confused as to the design plan and no great desire to repeat it, it doesn't feel like its something that SWTOR team does overly well due to the game engine the combat system, its not a strength that makes me think this is SWTOR at its finest. But I guess as long as Keiths raid group call the shots we will be seeing more 8/16 man SM/VM content.

Edited by Costello

This is something that you should have come out and stated earlier when people were asking about an upcoming road map. It should have been an easy answer to say we understand that people are eager for a roadmap about future content and the plan is to have more around the time of Star Wars Celebration.

It makes people more anxious when this is a known plan and yet it is delayed even being officially mentioned.

What Eric posted is not a roadmap. It's too short-term to be a roadmap, but it nevertheless has value, since it shows where the end of the street is. (To extend the analogy, a product roadmap of the sort that people want would be something that shows us how to get to the other side of town.)

Hey folks,

With 5.10.1 out the door I know you are all curious what is coming next. We have talked about some of this in the past but I want to put a new update all in one place.

• Bugs from 5.10.1 – We still have a few issues that popped out of 5.10.1 (such as Vette causing hitching) that we want to address. Our next planned patch was actually 5.10.2 but we want to get a bug fix patch out sooner then that if we can. It won’t be huge but getting a few of these fixes out soon is something we are actively investigating. I will pass on more details on timing and what will be fixed once I know more.
  • 5.10.2 – Our next update is coming… We are prepping a couple of blogs around what you can expect in this update along with getting things staged to get it in your hands on PTS. Look for more info on this update in early March.
  • After 5.10.2 – We should have details on our SW Celebration Cantina announced toward the end of February. Join us in Chicago if you can, or just keep your eyes posted on the interwebs during Celebration for more news from us on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric

I'm going to assume (hopefully wrongly) that whatever is coming with the two updates mentioned above will be OPs or Ranked PvP related, not story content. I'm afraid this week for the first time since I rage quit for a while back in 2012 I got bored with what the game currently offers at level 70 which is nothing if you are a solo player. Some immersive story would be great but I don't see that coming until 2020 (if ever).

Fortunately the Warrior class story is still excellent - yay for Quinn and Baras :D The two of them are keeping me subbed.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Good to know. What about season 10 pvp rewards? Will pre-season end on coming tuesday (which would be strictly two weeks passed since season 10 ended) ?

How about fixing the Phantom Stride + Holotraverse that was messed up when it got global CD back in 5.3? Answer to ticket i sent clearly stated it was bug. Now we have 5.10+ and we still have 1,25sec GCD bug present - if we use any ability - Force Pull for example on sin tanks, bug is causing us to gain 1,25 GCD before we could use Phantom Stride in place where there was NO CD in the past - before and after we used the ability. It totally messed up all assassin specs. Dps specs suffered the most as they lost dps on that GCD. And the explanation you gave was so vague it might as well have come from Bethesda - no other fitting comparison than with them comes to mind when i think of the reason you gave for adding that GCD. This change had only negative effects all around while fixing nothing.

On this very website forum there have been countless threads about that Phantom Stride + Holotraverse GCD bug and we still have to deal with it how many months later. Im no programmer, but how hard can it be to simply remove all CD from two abilities?

Im begging u pls fix it, restore it to its pre-5,3 state and remove all CD from Phantom Stride + Holotraverse.

Sooo...if it's going on the PTS, it's probably not story content. Given that you're saying that more new stuff won't even be announced until the Cantina, appears that story/solo players can't hope for any new content any time soon. That's disappointing. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Sooo...if it's going on the PTS, it's probably not story content. Given that you're saying that more new stuff won't even be announced until the Cantina, appears that story/solo players can't hope for any new content any time soon. That's disappointing.

Let's be honest, Osuss just arrived not long ago, there's plenty of story-level grinds out there, plenty of content and event related questing to do for new/casual players. I'm mostly a RPer and story person but I can live without new stuff crammed down the pipeline just for the sake of it. I'd love a few patches dedicated to tlc, going over some past content to make it more engaging for everyone else (particularly anyone looking to have more challenge without gimping themselves), adding new rewards for old event grinds, revisiting prices and rewards across the board.

The game is stale to a newcomer because most of the content is only optional and provide no incentive to actually engage.

Let's be honest, Osuss just arrived not long ago, there's plenty of story-level grinds out there, plenty of content and event related questing to do for new/casual players. I'm mostly a RPer and story person but I can live without new stuff crammed down the pipeline just for the sake of it. I'd love a few patches dedicated to tlc, going over some past content to make it more engaging for everyone else (particularly anyone looking to have more challenge without gimping themselves), adding new rewards for old event grinds, revisiting prices and rewards across the board.

The game is stale to a newcomer because most of the content is only optional and provide no incentive to actually engage.

You're entitled to your opinion. For me, as a story player, there's really no reason to keep subscribed until they actually release something new I'm interested in playing, and it's disappointing that we can apparently expect a repeat of 2018.

You're entitled to your opinion. For me, as a story player, there's really no reason to keep subscribed until they actually release something new I'm interested in playing, and it's disappointing that we can apparently expect a repeat of 2018.

Once again totally agree.

I liked Ossus, I liked the characters, the environment, even the questline was well done. But it was short, maybe an hour for each faction and 20 mins of dailies after that.

So there not exactly blowing anyone away with that being pretty much the majority of the story for a year. Nor does it create an environment that they can think that it will cover them for solo/story content for the next 6 months. Best will in the world and they destroyed the good will about a year and a half ago, no one could suggest this is an abundence of content nor that it should be seen as encouraging if they are going to keep pointing to 2 and a half hours of content anytime anyone says what about story for the next 6 months.

Once again totally agree.

I liked Ossus, I liked the characters, the environment, even the questline was well done. But it was short, maybe an hour for each faction and 20 mins of dailies after that.

So there not exactly blowing anyone away with that being pretty much the majority of the story for a year. Nor does it create an environment that they can think that it will cover them for solo/story content for the next 6 months. Best will in the world and they destroyed the good will about a year and a half ago, no one could suggest this is an abundence of content nor that it should be seen as encouraging if they are going to keep pointing to 2 and a half hours of content anytime anyone says what about story for the next 6 months.

Not to mention that since Ossus seems to have removed some people's companions, and those issues have not been entirely fixed, there's a reason to keep one's mains away from it.

You're very right. I think Ossus is lovely, aside from all the bugs (programming errors, not NPCs), but story players got a grand total of two hours of content in 2018. The story parts of that content couldn't even be replayed. It's disappointing that 2019 seems to continue that trend.

Not to mention that since Ossus seems to have removed some people's companions, and those issues have not been entirely fixed, there's a reason to keep one's mains away from it.

You're very right. I think Ossus is lovely, aside from all the bugs (programming errors, not NPCs), but story players got a grand total of two hours of content in 2018. The story parts of that content couldn't even be replayed. It's disappointing that 2019 seems to continue that trend.

I agree with this so much! I really like Ossus as area and i like those dailies there, i even like i can loot decos and geardrops there (some of those geardrops from random mobs are actually upgrades for my alts hah). But those bugs make me little bit afraid to bring many of my characters there.

My companions are mostly low level but usually every alt has one or two higher levels ones and if i happen to lose the one that is higher level i am left with pretty crappy comps to play with. And with those comps poofing in and out on every patch i am unwilling to use my credits to pump up another ones to higher levels (just to see them disappear/lose level in next bug fix patch).