Companions taken after siding with the opposite faction on Ossus.

Lunafox

Could you kindly return or allow access to those companion characters who are taken away given the decision to betray your original faction prior to Ossus? Even if they don't play a vital role in the story anymore (because they've returned 'home' to their side), many people still invested in those characters with gifts and also use them to stage screenies and craft. It really sucks to have stuff taken away.

We get it, they were loyal to home and have gone, but that doesn't mean they actually have to be unavailable to us.

Edited by Lunafox

Could you kindly return or allow access to those companion characters who are taken away given the decision to betray your original faction prior to Ossus? Even if they don't play a vital role in the story anymore (because they've returned 'home' to their side), many people still invested in those characters with gifts and also use them to stage screenies. It really sucks to have stuff taken away.

We get it, they were loyal to home and have gone, but that doesn't mean they actually have to be unavailable to us.

This is another good reason why I refuse to activate 5.10.

This is another good reason why I refuse to activate 5.10.

Good reason. One of our friends and Quinnmancers has lost her Quinn, on her Jedi Knight...he's been banished to the unavailable pile, and I don't think this is right.

It appears that if you go Republic side with any class other than SW, that Quinn is lost. I haven't personally tested a SW that becomes a saboteur against the Empire to see if they're lost as well. Perhaps, someone who has can chime in here...but I know the other classes like JK can lose him, as an example, he returns to the Empire.

Edited by Lunafox

Could you kindly return or allow access to those companion characters who are taken away given the decision to betray your original faction prior to Ossus? Even if they don't play a vital role in the story anymore (because they've returned 'home' to their side), many people still invested in those characters with gifts and also use them to stage screenies. It really sucks to have stuff taken away.

This does not affect just saboteurs, you know. Talos Drellik leaves Pubsiders who stay loyal to the Republic.

This does not affect just saboteurs, you know. Talos Drellik leaves Pubsiders who stay loyal to the Republic.

Ok, good to know. And just the same, another reason to allow them to stay with us, so we can use them for our own purposes like crafting, screenshotting etc. I'm sure there are Talos fans who'd like to keep him around for their use too, even if their part in the player's story is over...unless they come into play for their government.

Good reason. One of our friends and Quinnmancers has lost her Quinn, on her Jedi Knight...he's been banished to the unavailable pile, and I don't think this is right.

It appears that if you go Republic side with any class other than SW, that Quinn is lost. I haven't personally tested a SW that becomes a saboteur against the Empire to see if they're lost as well. Perhaps, someone who has can chime in here...but I know the other classes like JK can lose him, as an example, he returns to the Empire.

If only I could give away my version somehow, I'd do it in a flash. I chose to remain loyal to the Empire and all of a sudden they shove a traitor on me without explanation or the option to object :(

Could you kindly return or allow access to those companion characters who are taken away given the decision to betray your original faction prior to Ossus? Even if they don't play a vital role in the story anymore (because they've returned 'home' to their side), many people still invested in those characters with gifts and also use them to stage screenies and craft. It really sucks to have stuff taken away.

Ah, yes, I forgot about this. I guess my main is going to be sitting between KOTFE & KOTET forever at this rate.

If only I could give away my version somehow, I'd do it in a flash. I chose to remain loyal to the Empire and all of a sudden they shove a traitor on me without explanation or the option to object :(

Well, maybe the answer is to let the PLAYER pick and choose from say, a stable of twenty or thirty companions, so that they have who they want? It would be nice to update the companion crafting interface...scrolling is a pain in the butt...why not just have a static page with a companion portrait and click that for the missions...

I have a SW who turned saboteur for the Republic and Quinn is still following her around like the devoted worm he is (after I dumped him for Theron, too). The rest I can't speak to because I haven't even bothered to check, to be honest. Just too many companions to worry about. :p

Taken away? I'm confused. i know we got emails, but the companions themselves are gone too? I probably haven't paid much attention. Hardly surprising considering how much scrolling I have to do to find one I"m looking for.

They've been relegated to the 'unavailable' list. You can't summon, use or screenshot or give them gifts. They are effectively gone.

I have a SW who turned saboteur for the Republic and Quinn is still following her around like the devoted worm he is (after I dumped him for Theron, too). The rest I can't speak to because I haven't even bothered to check, to be honest. Just too many companions to worry about. :p

Well, that's good to know, and what I figured, that for SW characters that did what you did would still have him. It appears, however for other classes, like JK, he's gone. :(

It's a bit of a mess for those who skip over the Kotfeet+ junk, like I took my lvl 70 LS5 BH to 70 and skipped all that...and they took my higher affection Torian and put him on the 'not available' list and gave me a level one. <.< They also never said that she reunited with her hubby Torian and also as a LS 5 companion, I was a bit surprised that she apparently killed Arcann and Koth. I have a JK alt as well, that stuck with the Republic and lost her Quinn.

As I said to another poster, people should maybe have a dismissal button, so that when they're absolutely sure they're done with a comp, they can be rid of them. There are people from the Star Fortress things, I'll never use again, as an example.

Someone at BW seems to have forgotten the lesson learned when they were forced to add the companion return terminal the first time around. People don't like to lose their companions, especially when they have invested time, money and gifts on them!

Indeed. On another thread someone was saying they lost their lvl 46 Hexid. :(

Someone at BW seems to have forgotten the lesson learned when they were forced to add the companion return terminal the first time around. People don't like to lose their companions, especially when they have invested time, money and gifts on them!

According to CS being able to retrieve Quinn from the terminal in the first place was the bug and thus losing him after starting JUS is not a bug so they plan to do f*** all about it. :mad:

Greetings Cedaric,

Hello! My name is Hannah from Star Wars the Old Republic customer service! Thank you for contacting us regarding the companion [Malavai Quinn] you wish to get.

My apologies for the length of time it has taken us to get back to you. We are handling an increased ticket volume at the moment and working hard to get it back to an acceptable level. Rest assured we will look into your case about the companion your unable to summoned on Jedi Under Siege. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have cause you.

After a thorough investigation, I can confirmed that this is not a bug and is working as designed. Checking from your previous storyline [iokath] you were given a scenario to choose between Malavai or Elara and it showed on our system that you have chosen Elara. You can only choose 1 from them and cannot obtain both. I am really sorry for the confusion this may have caused if you were able to get Malvai back fromt the companion terminal.

Glad to have been of assistance in providing confirmation that you can only get 1 from Malavai Quinn or Elara Dorne. I will now allow you to return to your interstellar adventures. Thanks for your time and stay away from the Sarlaac Pit, I hear the sands are slippery these days.

We also have Community Forums that you can visit here - http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3. It covers different concerns you may have in-game and you can post it there as well. Our Game Developers are actively checking it and we have dynamic players who can give you a hand for any queries you may have.

Should you require any help in the future, please do not hesitate to submit another ticket. Farewell!

Thank you for contacting Star Wars the Old Republic customer service and May the Force be with you!

I dunno who I was supposed to lose, but my Inquistor played through everything (class, Ilum, Hutt, Prelude, SoR, KoFE/ET, Iokath, Traitor arc) and sided with the Republic at every opportunity not only kept everyone but I also got Quinn added to my list (and could still summon Elara Dorne).

I know my past choices were recognized because Theron was alive, I recognized that Melora owed me a favor yet, Vowron was Emperor and Malgus recognized me.

I dunno when the loss was supposed to happen, but the only companion letter I got was from Master Ranos reminding me that not all Jedi are as closed minded as the ones I fought on Ossus (to be fair, I run a tank spec assassin so I only fought mission required targets, used “exit to stealth” as soon as the mission advancing target was dropped in the final mission... and since half my rotation is lightning I like to pretend I’m shooting to stun... I think my total Jedi “kill” count was seven during the whole arc).

If it matters I completed the sabotage the fighters bonus mission, but skipped the “destroy the farms” mission (and the “you’re demoralizing the Imp troops by dismissing their suggestions” and “you sent the farming data to the Republic and kept it out of Imperial hands” messages also made me feel like I was doing more to help than hurt the Republic during the missions while still doing my best to protect Moff Pyron’s team that was on planet).

I dunno if skipping the excess carnage against the Jedi and colonists from mattered in terms of keeping Republic companions or not, but I haven’t lost anyone yet.

According to CS being able to retrieve Quinn from the terminal in the first place was the bug and thus losing him after starting JUS is not a bug so they plan to do f*** all about it. :mad:

Greetings Cedaric,

Hello! My name is Hannah from Star Wars the Old Republic customer service! Thank you for contacting us regarding the companion [Malavai Quinn] you wish to get.

My apologies for the length of time it has taken us to get back to you. We are handling an increased ticket volume at the moment and working hard to get it back to an acceptable level. Rest assured we will look into your case about the companion your unable to summoned on Jedi Under Siege. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have cause you.

After a thorough investigation, I can confirmed that this is not a bug and is working as designed. Checking from your previous storyline [iokath] you were given a scenario to choose between Malavai or Elara and it showed on our system that you have chosen Elara. You can only choose 1 from them and cannot obtain both. I am really sorry for the confusion this may have caused if you were able to get Malvai back fromt the companion terminal.

Glad to have been of assistance in providing confirmation that you can only get 1 from Malavai Quinn or Elara Dorne. I will now allow you to return to your interstellar adventures. Thanks for your time and stay away from the Sarlaac Pit, I hear the sands are slippery these days.

We also have Community Forums that you can visit here - http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3. It covers different concerns you may have in-game and you can post it there as well. Our Game Developers are actively checking it and we have dynamic players who can give you a hand for any queries you may have.

Should you require any help in the future, please do not hesitate to submit another ticket. Farewell!

Thank you for contacting Star Wars the Old Republic customer service and May the Force be with you!

Oh my god, how very brain dead of them. Why just why couldn't Eric or someone come on here and assure us that this BS will be fixed. People have invested in these companions and you should be able to get your Quinn back. This is nonsense.

Uhhh, just turn them into a legacy unlock. (I.E. Unlock Jaesa by getting her back on a Warrior, then pay some credits to acquire her on a Knight or w/e.)

Failing that just throw them all onto the Odessen terminal, all the companions are either bricked or dead at this point anyway. (Darth Marr too! ... and Acina ... and Vaylin! ;) )

They've been relegated to the 'unavailable' list. You can't summon, use or screenshot or give them gifts. They are effectively gone.

You guys must be bugged. i just logged in my saboteur BH and can still call all of my companions - old, new, same faction or otherwise. I do have my original crew simultaneously listed in the unavailable section (which I'm sure is a bug), but I have their new copies (Mako, Blizz, Skadge, 2V-R8) all listed in other areas as well with their new, updated affection levels.

Edited by kodrac

You guys must be bugged. i just logged in my saboteur BH and can still call all of my companions - old, new, same faction or otherwise. I do have my original crew simultaneously listed in the unavailable section (which I'm sure is a bug), but I have their new copies (Mako, Blizz, Skadge, 2V-R8) all listed in other areas as well with their new, updated affection levels.

I put in a new ticket. Maybe this time it won't be closed as "working as intended". It would be pretty pointless to have Quinn and Dorne on the companion locator terminal post-Iokath if we weren't supposed to be able to actually retrieve them from it :rolleyes:

That could very well be. I hope that even though not everyone seems to be having the issue, that they will fix it. It was kinda annoying to have my higher rep Torian replaced with a lvl 1, but I feel for Damask_Rose who can't even get her comp back at all.

On my main, a Sage who sided with the Republic on all occasions:

• All of my Followers -> Main Companions are there - I choose Torian and Vette is in the Contacts -> Main Characters section along with Scorpio. I had previously retrieved them from the Odessen terminal.
  • Under Followers -> Companions I have Elara (since I sided with the Republic on Iokath) and Raina.
  • Under Followers -> Companions: Jedi Consular I have Felix and Nadia. I had previously retrieved Tharan and Zenith but they are now in the Unavailable Companions section. Qyzen returned via Alliance Alert and is in the Followers -> Other Followers section where they should be.
  • All of them (Vette, Scorpio, Tharan, and Zenith) are available to retrieval on the terminal. Oddly enough, so is Felix. I didn't try it so I don't know if I'd end up with two Felixs.
  • I had previously retrieved Quinn from the terminal, which was a bug and should never have been possible. Quinn is now under Contacts -> Companions and is not long able to be retrieved from the terminal.

On my alt-main, a Sorcerer who sided with the Republic on all occasions:

• All of my Followers -> Main Companions are there - I choose Vette this time and Torian is in the Contacts -> Main Characters section along with Scorpio. I had previously retrieved them from the Odessen terminal.
  • Under Followers -> Companions I have Elara (since I sided with the Republic on Iokath) and Raina. But I also have Quinn listed here so apparently some things still aren't working right.
  • Under Followers -> Companions: Sith Inquisior I have Andronikos, Ashara, and Khem Val. Talos and Xalek returned as Alliance Alerts and are in the Followers -> Other Followers section where they should be.
  • Torian and Scorpio are available to retrieval on the terminal. As above, I also have the option to retrieve Andy and Ashara.

So on my Imperial character I still have access to Quinn, as well as Elara as I should, for some reason even though I sided with the Republic on Iokath. On my Republic character who sided with the Republic I only have access to Elara. I only retrieved Quinn in order to stick him in a cage, so no biggie for me if he's no longer available. No other companions, particularly those who said they were returning to their original factions, are unavailable. I can still summon Talos on my main and Aric on my alt-main. I also have duplicates of my original crew on my characters listed under the Contacts -> Unavailable Companions section (except for Nadia and Khem, respectively). Some of those are showing up on the Odessen terminal but all of them are also listed in their appropriate sections based on how they were returned.