Balmora Exploit -> XP Farm

Foambreaker

Does this work for command levels too? ...Asking for a friend.

Command levels start at 70 and most bug hunt groups kick you out once you hit 70 so that others leveling up can have a spot in the raid group, and if you're not kicked out, it's common courtesy to drop group at 70, and for the same reason.

No more an exploit than farming conquest points with the "Last Boss Lockout". It's been around for years and only shows up during double xp weeks. It started out as an end-gamers way to skip leveling through story (or avoiding paying for the start at tokens) but has become the thing to do if you "need" multiple alts at max level quickly for whatever reason. Some use it for the leveling achievements (legendary player, etc). It does work with CXP but isn't as effective because of the nerfs that have been applied to CXP for kills over time.

Killing NPC enemies en masse is:

Mind-numbing? Yes.

Annoying? Maybe.

An exploit? No.

Didn't they do a massive nerf to XP when CXP first started because somebody got to level 100 in one day? I think they farmed the living heck out of goldframed beasties. Either colicoids or sand people.

Didn't they do a massive nerf to XP when CXP first started because somebody got to level 100 in one day? I think they farmed the living heck out of goldframed beasties. Either colicoids or sand people.

The nerf was for CXP only. I don't remember the amount of CXP per goldie. Was it something like 120 CXP? And then they nerfed it to 2 CXP or so. A bit later they upped it again to the current amount.

Good luck getting a spot in a group though. Only 1 instance on Balmorra when I was on last night and the group was consistently full for hours (I would level the regular way but check back every now and then to see if there were any available spots), checked in again this morning and 1 instance and the group was full again with at least 4 or 5 people waiting to get in, I gave up on thinking I'd get a spot and just leveled up the regular way. :p Edited by BlueShiftRecall

it's not an exploit. it's been around for a long time and only really works during double xp week.

you can still do your heroic in the area

Indeed - I have a friend who always wants to do the Balmorra-Bug-Levelling every double XP but to me it's the most crap thing ever and I avoid it like the plague.

You can still get the heroic done because the groups aren't interested in the clickable objectives but if you want to complete the bonus, don't bother trying to do it in the main room; try and grap the elite mobs at the beginning and down the hallway; it will take longer due to re-spawns and others trying the same thing but it can be done.

Oh and it's definitely not an exploit OP.

Indeed - I have a friend who always wants to do the Balmorra-Bug-Levelling every double XP but to me it's the most crap thing ever and I avoid it like the plague.

You can still get the heroic done because the groups aren't interested in the clickable objectives but if you want to complete the bonus, don't bother trying to do it in the main room; try and grap the elite mobs at the beginning and down the hallway; it will take longer due to re-spawns and others trying the same thing but it can be done.

Oh and it's definitely not an exploit OP.

I always try to grab the bonus. I just stay away from that particular heroic during double xp times.

Also, as fast as everything respawns in there, it would probably be useful for CXP at level 70. If one of the raid group leaders isn't paying attention and doesn't kick the lvl 70 out, that would be a fast way to get through some of the initial levels.

In regards to the Heroic mission's Bonus; ask to join the OPs group for a few minutes. If the group is completely full, a player may very well drop out for a few minutes and allow you to grab the bonus quickly. In the case of the hallway entrance (unless my math is off) you can grab 6-8 kills there will alls the mobs avail, and the 2 clickables in the basement area have mobs that respawn quickly, thus allowing you to grab the 7-9 kills needed for the bonus.

Like every bonus target area in the game communication is important. Few of us players that use the OPs exp farm are going out of our way to make it harder for you , some will but they are around no matter the game.

2exp time is only a week long and doesn't happen all that often, some of us just want to have fun with speed leveling, in the overall view is it really a big problem?

In regards to the Heroic mission's Bonus; ask to join the OPs group for a few minutes. If the group is completely full, a player may very well drop out for a few minutes and allow you to grab the bonus quickly. In the case of the hallway entrance (unless my math is off) you can grab 6-8 kills there will alls the mobs avail, and the 2 clickables in the basement area have mobs that respawn quickly, thus allowing you to grab the 7-9 kills needed for the bonus.

Like every bonus target area in the game communication is important. Few of us players that use the OPs exp farm are going out of our way to make it harder for you , some will but they are around no matter the game.

2exp time is only a week long and doesn't happen all that often, some of us just want to have fun with speed leveling, in the overall view is it really a big problem?

My personal opinion is no one should be doing this in an area where the mobs are used for story quests or heroic quests.

But that's just me.

When I farm rampage on ilum, i do NOT do it in the gree quest zone nor near the "normal" heroic area. I do it in an open area where there are only free roaming mobs.

Same when there's a conquest rampage for CZ-198. I won't farm mobs out in the normal area as there's a quest for that. I will reset the sewer phase over and over again. 30 mobs per cycle and it goes pretty fast.

My personal opinion is no one should be doing this in an area where the mobs are used for story quests or heroic quests.

But that's just me.

When I farm rampage on ilum, i do NOT do it in the gree quest zone nor near the "normal" heroic area. I do it in an open area where there are only free roaming mobs.

Same when there's a conquest rampage for CZ-198. I won't farm mobs out in the normal area as there's a quest for that. I will reset the sewer phase over and over again. 30 mobs per cycle and it goes pretty fast.

Like most things, opinions very; I do not disagree with what you stated. The fact the 'some" people disapprove of location and manner is more the question/problem. I get there is a mission and bonus in the area and people want to play their normal style- you have found your own locations where you can farm, as have I in certain cases. The fact that there is an Ops group hanging just scares people. Wednesday I spent the better part of 50 levels in the Bug Hunt Ops and I saw countless numbers of players {completing} playing the Heroic [did everyone get credit for the bonus] i can only guess "No", as is the case with play outside the 2exp time frames, not every player does bonuses. Just like not every player completes a weekly conquest, plays PvP or runs Ops - "to each his/her own"

I don't know how it works but a raid in Balmora is making XP at a rate of about 1 level per minute.

Maybe at very low levels but it definitely takes longer at higher levels.

I saw an advertisement for Bug Hunt yesterday so I joined my very first one. I took my Marauder who has been stuck at level 55 ever since that was the max level. I threw on my XP gear, clicked an XP boost and joined the group.

It took me almost 1.5 hours to level from 55 to 70. I guess it was pretty quick but the whole time I kept thinking to myself there were better ways to spend that time leveling.