Romance continuation?

Kyhiker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a part of the resentment that has been building towards Lana. The writers decided she was it and BOOM! she was it. Nothing the players wanted meant anything. I suspect a large part of it is budget related as forcing one Lana cut scene on players is a lot cheaper than the numerous scenes they'd have to do otherwise. Still though, I wouldn't mind a scene where Lana somehow got sucked out of the airlock. I can see it now

Player launches Lana out of the airlock into space only to look on in horror as Lana does the Princess Leia fly through space back to the ship and reappears. "Commander, we need to deal with (insert next crisis here)" This is followed by the player launching him/herself out said airlock before Lana reveals some bizarre Sith Force Fishing Ability and reels the player back in. "As I was saying, Commander"

My prediction is likely some more content in the relative future for:

- Lana

- Theron

- Arcann

- Doc

- Nadia

For everyone else my hope is we get at least some letters and maybe some unique response lines to the new areas if you walk through them with your companion summoned (Like we got on Makeb).

Until someone says otherwise I'm going with everyone but Lana is done.

As much as I hate to, I agree with this. I don't think BW has the finances for further LI scenes for 20 odd different characters. I think the LI ship has sailed. Makes me sad because it's these interactions that set the game apart from the purely hack and slash quests that every other MMO has.

Sorry, but a silly flirt option with every new character you meet just doesn't get it. Got no history with them, don't want one.

Oh well, cheers to the good old days.

Remember the choice isn’t 20 or nothing, and hasn’t been for some time.

I don’t see any reason to assume they won’t continue like they were: a couple LIs will get content as they fit in with the main story and some letters here and there if something would be relevant to a character not on screen.

I don’t mind Lana, but I think it’s a bit unfair that there are more males to be romanced than females. Give me a new female! Empress Acina or ... I don’t know... someone else. Someone that doesn’t look like Kaliyo

There are 12 female LIs (13 if you count both Jaesas as 2 separate LIs) for 11 males (well, 12 if you count Khem as well), how are there more males to romance than females ?

I don’t mind Lana, but I think it’s a bit unfair that there are more males to be romanced than females. Give me a new female! Empress Acina or ... I don’t know... someone else. Someone that doesn’t look like Kaliyo
Yeah, I’m with Goreshaga, not sure where you’re coming from on this one.

Starting back in vanilla Male LIs have been less than Female. It’s been a long standing complaint actually. Not to mention if you don’t like Kaliyo you actually have Raina, or your own class’s LI option. No one is forced into having Kaliyo, which is funny because you have Zero female classes with 2 LI options, for those who don’t like their given male option they have to wait until SoR.

Yeah, I’m with Goreshaga, not sure where you’re coming from on this one.

Starting back in vanilla Male LIs have been less than Female. It’s been a long standing complaint actually. Not to mention if you don’t like Kaliyo you actually have Raina, or your own class’s LI option. No one is forced into having Kaliyo, which is funny because you have Zero female classes with 2 LI options, for those who don’t like their given male option they have to wait until SoR.

Exactly that, and that's why i had to wait untill SoR with Theron for my JK, because Doc was never an option for her and I had no other choice...

Female PCs had no choice prior to SoR, while male smugglers, SW and IA had 2 options.

Edited by Goreshaga

How does it breakdown after the original class stories? I know that Lana and Theron are options. Who else is there? I usually kill everybody else so my choices are limited.

Class story romances :

- Female LIs for male PCs : Kira, Nadia, Elara, Risha, Akaavi, Vette, DS Jaesa, Ashara, Kaliyo, Raina, Mako

- Male LIs for Female PCs : Doc, Felix, Aric, Corso, Quinn, Andronikos, Vector, Torian

RotHC (did not count them before as none of them are a full fledged romance, just flirts):

- Female LI for both gender : Lemda

- Male LI for male PC only : Cytharat

SoR :

- Female LI for both genders : Lana

- Male LI for both genders : Theron

KOTFEEt and onwards :

- Female LI for both genders : Nadia (who was for male only previously) and LS Jaesa

- Male for both genders : Koth, Arcann, Khem

Wich gives, including Lemda and Cytharat :

- 14 female LIs available to male PCs (15 if you count both Jaesas as 2 separate LIs),

- 12 male LIs available to female PCs (counting Khem),

- 5 male LIs available to male PCs,

- and 4 female LIs available to female PCs (5 with both Jaesas).

Most of the imbalance occurred in the original class stories. For the better part of the last 6 years, romance has been 4 guys for everybody, 4 girls for everybody and 1 guy for guys unless you want to count the cut scene that is the continuation of class story romances. I will say that the romance menu definitely didn't get better as time went on.

I am preparing mentally that in future there will be full romances for Tai, Anri and Malora and continuing with Lana. Long romantic walks, spa trips, duo massages and so much black screen action they actually will save tons in graphics and animation salaries.

Same time for straight ladies. Since it seems not many ladies did not realize to pick on the flirts generously offered in conversations with General Daeruun, Bioware makes them work same way than some of the "saboteur" lines in Ossus (the ones your character says without any input from you and then you get compliments for "lowering their morale" etc). Furthermore they also sassy up all the chosen lines a bit to make sure no one misses this hot romance. For example choosing "1. Good afternoon general" will make your character say: "Ooooh hi there handsome!" and such.

In the entire history of the game there's only been one legit, long-term romance for F/F vs. 10 for straight women (not counting Arcann since he doesn't seem to have a lot of material). Gay players got nothing in the class stories: no flirts, no romances, no one night stands. For years. Straight women did.

So maybe it would be nice if straight women could stop acting like they're all deprived that someone else is finally getting a turn, when they've had so much more already. Oh, but wait, Nadia and Jaesa! One kiss in a class-restricted AA is basically the screen time equivalent of the numerous flings straight women got in the class stories, and if you're in those classes and willing to ditch a long-term romance for an AA character that will probably be bricked, I guess you've lucked out with that!

Having said that I'm sure that the devs will make Scourge and at least one other male character like Jonas romanceable if there's a 6.0, and I'm sure they'll make them romanceable to all because that's how it seems to go now. From what I understand Jonas was heavy handed with the flirting in 5.10.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

In the entire history of the game there's only been one legit, long-term romance for F/F vs. 10 for straight women (not counting Arcann since he doesn't seem to have a lot of material). Gay players got nothing in the class stories: no flirts, no romances, no one night stands. For years. Straight women did.

So maybe it would be nice if straight women could stop acting like they're all deprived that someone else is finally getting a turn, when they've had so much more already.

If you’re making a general comment, fair enough. If you’re referring to this thread in particular, I don’t think that’s happening here specifically.

I think the point was options for females vs males overall, not options broken down by specific orientation. I wouldn’t have minded more options for Vanilla, but hey, not my call.

If you’re making a general comment, fair enough. If you’re referring to this thread in particular, I don’t think that’s happening here specifically.

I think the point was options for females vs males overall, not options broken down by specific orientation. I wouldn’t have minded more options for Vanilla, but hey, not my call.

I was more making a general comment because it's something I've seen expressed around the board numerous times before.

I was more making a general comment because it's something I've seen expressed around the board numerous times before.
Yeah, I can see that frustration, looks like BioWare eventually got the massage though. I think we can expect Love Interests to be player sexual going forward.

Yay for small victories?

Yeah, I can see that frustration, looks like BioWare eventually got the massage though. I think we can expect Love Interests to be player sexual going forward.

Yay for small victories?

That's true. I do think that any new LIs are going to be open to all to romance, and that's a win.