252 min/max gearing issue

Xertasian

to the point of topic. been grinding 252 gear for mercenary. did the flesh and blood quest on my pyrotech. i wanted the 252 main hand weapon for the critical enhancement mod. i rip the mods out of 252 main hand blaster. i mailed my legacy offhand blaster from mercenary to pyrotech.

to my amazement the mods wouldn't go into my offhand weapon. kept saying invalid slot. now with 248 gear and below we never had this issue. meaning you could get main hand weapon and use it on your offhand weapon. this will cause problems to min/max.

people like me use certain enhancements to min/max there characters . at this moment i will have useless stats on my character that i don't need. hope for Tuesday patch if this issue can be fix. meaning we can rip mods from 252 gear and use them in whatever slots on our characters.

Eric this might not be an issue with your team. for people like me who min/max it takes away from the game. hopefully my plea don't go on deaf ears. a response would be nice. even if it just to fool us into thinking something will be done. excuse my English it like my 3rd language.

Edited by Xertasian

Yes, I noticed this too - that mods and enhancements out of 252 gear are bound to the slot they came out of (head/chest/belt/etc). This has never been the case with mods or enhancements before, and I really hope it's not intended. Min-maxing gear via free control of mods and enhancements has been staple to end-game gearing in this game all along. Having them bound to a slot makes it impossible to gear up piece by piece, really, if you are also concerned with your stats. For example: enhancements being bound to a particular slot could force you to replace an Accuracy enhancement, which is not a swap that's acceptable to be forced into making if it's going to drop you below 110%. Same thing if you are carefully balancing your Alacrity. The freedom to shuffle enhancements around regardless of the order in which you get your set piece armorings is pretty critical.

It's also the case that currently 252 set bonuses are not stacking with the set bonuses of lower ratings. This has been reported in other forum threads here and in the Bug Reports forums. Hopefully this too is just a bug and will get corrected.

Edited by JediBoadicea

as things stand today, we'll have to redo our builds, because all the mods are slot locked. I know there's a suggested build floating around somewhere...

you dobt have to. it just takes longer. get a heal class and get the gloves and boots from their heal sepc. they got crit instead of accuracy. you cand send the enhacments via legacy gear to a dps class. if you need more allacrity, do the same with the chest. longer grind but still possible. not saying its good how it works, but atleast there is a workaround.

tanks do have a bigger problem, tho...

@ OP: they didbt respond to that topic since PTS was launched and people started reporting the slot binding issue. we can be pretty sure that it is intende by now, sadly.

Edited by mrphstar

It’s because of this bull **** decision to lock mods and enhancements that people are quitting.

I know I will be cancelling my sub after the holidays if this isn’t addressed before they go on theirs.

I’ve actually stopped playing already because I’ve no interest in grinding hard to get something I’ve already got and then not being able to strip it and load it into something else.

Never mind the fact that I can not mix my 252 gear bonuses with 236, 242 or 248. That is even worse than not being able to mix mods and enhancements because I can’t wear any 252 gear until I get a full set or I lose my set bonuses.

Who ever thought this was a good idea needs to be FIRED. Especially after we told them on the PTS that this would be a major problem. They totally ignored us and wouldn’t even acknowledge the feed back.

It’s for that reason I know they did this crap on purpose with a big **** you to the players. “Happy Christmas everyone, here, have some coal”. This company is full of trolls.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Who ever thought this was a good idea needs to be FIRED. Especially after we told them on the PTS that this would be a major problem. They totally ignored us and wouldn’t even acknowledge the feed back.

It’s for that reason I know they did this crap on purpose with a big **** you to the players. “Happy Christmas everyone, here, have some coal”. This company is full of trolls.

exactly my thoughts. and for a lil icing on the cake they apparently increased drop rates for left side pieces in artefact crates compared to the actualy set pieces.

out of 12 artefact crates i got from the weekly ossus mission, 3 got actual set pieces(2x bracelets) and 9(!!!) implants/relicts.

considering each crate contains 4-5 different pieces, the theoretical drop rate for an implant should be ~20%. in fact the drop rate is something like 75%. thats ridiculous. there were so many ways to make that grind longer and literally harass players, and i tell you, they found them all.

its ok if content is hard to get BiS gear, but this is plain bs.

exactly my thoughts. and for a lil icing on the cake they apparently increased drop rates for left side pieces in artefact crates compared to the actualy set pieces.

out of 12 artefact crates i got from the weekly ossus mission, 3 got actual set pieces(2x bracelets) and 9(!!!) implants/relicts.

considering each crate contains 4-5 different pieces, the theoretical drop rate for an implant should be ~20%. in fact the drop rate is something like 75%. thats ridiculous. there were so many ways to make that grind longer and literally harass players, and i tell you, they found them all.

its ok if content is hard to get BiS gear, but this is plain bs.

Yep.

I will be unsubbing for good this time if it isn’t addressed before they go on holidays. I’m not going to grind for nothing another 6-8 weeks till they fix it (which we know they will have too).

This whole mess is worse than 5.0 and iwhen they finally acknowledged how bad that was it took them 9 months to fix (make it acceptable) from the 5.0 launch.

I’m certainly not going through that all again. I’ve found my go to game and I’m ready to change. Bioware have till this patch to show they actually give a **** about the players.