Companions in World PVP

mickym

They're OP.

Want to give BW some props for adding a WPVP incentive and I definitely feel like they're going down the right road with some of the features in this update. However, the companions just ruin it. It ruins a lot of the fights having to kill someone's companion before killing them and makes it pretty much impossible to kill tanks as they can just guard as it heals itself endlessly.

*Edited to add to suggestions

Suggestions:

Make it so PVP instances of Ossus require that you don't use a companion.

When engaged with another player the companion should be self stunned like it is against certain WB fights. -Raansu

Edited by mickym

This has been an issue since day one, and if you stun the comp it fills resolve bar for the main player. I don't think companions should be disabled in pvp instances, but I do think that when engaged with another player the companion should be self stunned like it is against certain WB fights.

meh, a companion will save your life in an operative gank.

this is a no for me. some classes are better at 1v1, and the companion is the only thing between you and certain F

Isn't it still a certain F if the operative has a companion?

not really. Im not sure what issues you are having but an operative suffers from dps uptime which makes it harder for them to kill comp then say... a mara. level 50 comps are easier to kill than a healer toon, and make no mistake, you take comps away and ossus will turn into gree with kill squads everywhere of 3+ players.

not really. Im not sure what issues you are having but an operative suffers from dps uptime which makes it harder for them to kill comp then say... a mara. level 50 comps are easier to kill than a healer toon, and make no mistake, you take comps away and ossus will turn into gree with kill squads everywhere of 3+ players.

I don't really understand this logic... So because some classes are better at 1v1 we should make the fights worse by making you have to kill the companion to be able to kill the actual player. We don't have companions anywhere else in PvP, whats the point in them being in WPvP? Just so they can save you from certain classes after you've chosen to be in that instance in the first place?

you take comps away and ossus will turn into gree with kill squads everywhere of 3+ players.

Not much wrong with that, gree was fun back in the day. Get a squad and kill them?

eh. what you want is an active open world scene.

I support that, but I dont see it ever happpening. even in 3.0 when yavin was alive and welll on pvp servers people ran around with their comps, level 10 and expertise gear to boot. companions has been a part of open world since I began pplaying in 3.0 and I really doubt it'll change. I get that you want a viable openworld scene, but there are too many factors in open world. poor class balance, maybe your friends arent on, you dont have pve med pacs.. the list goes on.

argueably open world is the only place in pvp that you dont need to deal with other people and their idiosyncrasys. which is nice, I get so tired of regs and people not knowing a dcd from a cc

Edited by Seterade

there isnt a rule anywhere that wpvp is group content. anymoore more than pve is group content.

the thing here is your logic is invallid. a level 50 comp in 5.x is easier to kill than a sorc hlr/merc/op. not only that but they cant guard, and their taunt doesnt lower dps. in fact in every way pvp instancing with a companion is inferior, and attempting to straight ban it will benefit ultimatly only bioware class balance jokes and kill squads. and kill squads can squash a 50 comp so fast its like he wasnt there at alll.

Edited by Seterade

in fact in every way pvp instancing with a companion is inferior, and attempting to straight ban it will benefit ultimatly only bioware class balance jokes and kill squads.

Class balance jokes have been here since the game started and they're still here now. It benefits people not wanting to play fleet simulator and wait for pops. It should benefit groups, those groups can go against other groups. Okay so your friends aren't on, you have no medpacs on you, don't join the pvp instance then if you don't want to die?

lets try something different.

why exactly are companions a problem for you?

you have a comp, they have a comp. if you get a group their comp will get destroyed. if they are fotm you wont get destroyed 1v1. comps are in every way inferior to another player, from hps, dcd, cc and dps. easy kill

what exactly would you gain from comps not being allowed in wpvp? besides curbstomping poeple on your fotm or con op?

Edited by Seterade

lets try something different.

why exactly are companions a problem for you?

Why is not joining that instance in the first place if you don't want to be killed by squads a problem for you?

I explained above why it's a problem, It's dumb that in a PLAYER vs PLAYER instance both players have to attempt to kill each others companion quicker than the other while the companion sits and heals itself. Completely ruining the fight. I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

you have a comp, they have a comp. if you get a group their comp will get destroyed. if they are fotm you wont get destroyed 1v1. comps are in every way inferior to another player, from hps, dcd, cc and dps. easy kill

what exactly would you gain from comps not being allowed in wpvp? besides curbstomping poeple on your fotm or con op?

My fotm decep sin? Lmao. What would I gain? Some enjoyment, getting to enjoy coming across people and 1v1ing them between pops, even coming across 1v2's would be fun. Again, rather than just sitting on fleet. Something I used to do in around 2.0 was go to Outlaw's den between pops and when there was people there we'd 1v1, group pvp, trash talk, make friends.

Just because there's certain classes that are better at 1v1's doesn't at all mean that it's just a write off. I don't get this mentality of having to rely on your companion rather than just not going into that instance in the first place or just switching instance if it annoys you so much.

I didnt say you were a fotm, I said your suggestion would benefit fotm. I had a suspicion who you were and it fit with a deception sin.

all Im saying is I cant agree with this. and I can reasonably think since pvp instances/servers have allowed comps since rise of the hutt cartel, bioware doesnt have an issue with it.

I didnt say you were a fotm, I said your suggestion would benefit fotm. I had a suspicion who you were and it fit with a deception sin.

all Im saying is I cant agree with this. and I can reasonably think since pvp instances/servers have allowed comps since rise of the hutt cartel, bioware doesnt have an issue with it.

Fair enough, agree to disagree :)

EDIT:

Just to clarify I also agree with

I do think that when engaged with another player the companion should be self stunned like it is against certain WB fights.
Edited by mickym

For those wondering why its an issue. Forget healing companions for a second. Companions in general can stun you and ignore resolve. If you stun the companion it fills the players resolve. If they have Shae Vizla and she's 50.....good luck, because she has 3 skills that can each smack you for 30k.

Companions are basically just broken pets in wpvp. Wanting to keep them because you don't want to get ganked by a stealther is a poor excuse to keep them around. Stealthers speciality is ganking. Don't wanna get ganked? Don't go into the pvp instance by yourself. Its that simple.

Edited by Raansu

I made a 50 shae at level 1 and I have noticed an abnormal amount of damage from her.

I am so curious at this point whether the shae comp surpassed k1z3n and arcann in dps.

as of 5.8 k1-z3n parsed on load lifter champ in level 70 kuat drive yards at 50 with max legacy presence had a dps of 7.5 per seconds. arcanns dps was 7k. at the time they out dppsed all ranged and melee options respectively. but shae has me wondering. now that you can get arcann by sitting through one chapter then jumping to ossus I look forward to making him a 50 and testing it.

(Im never bothering with k1z3n again until bioware makes a vendor/credit maintance gift)

Edited by Seterade

I set my comp to dps (lets be realistic, it’s not like you need them on heals for anything but heroics).

When I do OWPVP, I kill the comp healer first with both myself and comp focusing them. Then we finish off the player.

Sometimes I die, but most of the time I don’t and if I do, it’s a very close fight.

At least someone dies and it’s not a parsing exercise while both comps heal you. When you both have healer comps it usually comes down to who has the highest affection on their comp, not always who is the better player.

I made a 50 shae at level 1 and I have noticed an abnormal amount of damage from her.

I am so curious at this point whether the shae comp surpassed k1z3n and arcann in dps.

as of 5.8 k1-z3n parsed on load lifter champ in level 70 kuat drive yards at 50 with max legacy presence had a dps of 7.5 per seconds. arcanns dps was 7k. at the time they out dppsed all ranged and melee options respectively. but shae has me wondering. now that you can get arcann by sitting through one chapter then jumping to ossus I look forward to making him a 50 and testing it.

(Im never bothering with k1z3n again until bioware makes a vendor/credit maintance gift)

Shae's under 30% ability is very Op. Also her Death from Above. She is the highest DPS comp by far. Dr Lokin best Tank, Zoom best heals.

Shae's under 30% ability is very Op. Also her Death from Above. She is the highest DPS comp by far. Dr Lokin best Tank, Zoom best heals.

Shae's heals are pretty good too. Not enough to warrant a nerf though. None of them are.

When did Arcann get thrown in as top dps though? O.o

The list is always Shae & Zoom for sure.

Shae's heals are pretty good too. Not enough to warrant a nerf though. None of them are.

When did Arcann get thrown in as top dps though? O.o

The list is always Shae & Zoom for sure.

back in january (? feb? this 2 and half year expansion has just melted together) arcann parsed 7k on load lifter champ 50 influ max legacy presence. 7k was 500 more dps than a companion clone was capable of producing. this included but not limited to the test subjects, master ranos, hk-51, treek, nathema voreclaw, and lana

zoom being the best healer is a noteable mention because in heal stance k1z3n is a companion clone of zoom. parsing 7.5k hps while a gearless sin tuanted and basic attacked load lifter

(for those curious in feb k1z3n was top dps parsing 7.5k dps on load lifter.)

Edited by Seterade

back in january (? feb? this 2 and half year expansion has just melted together) arcann parsed 7k on load lifter champ 50 influ max legacy presence. 7k was 500 more dps than a companion clone was capable of producing. this included but not limited to the test subjects, master ranos, hk-51, treek, nathema voreclaw, and lana

zoom being the best healer is a noteable mention because in heal stance k1z3n is a companion clone of zoom. parsing 7.5k hps while a gearless sin tuanted and basic attacked load lifter

(for those curious in feb k1z3n was top dps parsing 7.5k dps on load lifter.)

2 questions because I dont know the answers.

1. How do you parse a comp to see their output?

2. How do you get k1z3n and zoom?