Why the increase in finishing ranked weeklies?

Akevv

Its now 2.5x more difficult to complete either the solo or grouped ranked missions. Why? Was there some outcry that it was too easy to get pops? It isn't, as a matter of fact its practically impossible to get a solo pop on Satele Shan and only groups pop with coordination. If you're fighting a superior group, thats 10 losses before the completion of just the daily. I don't get the decision? What gives?

I guess you must play on Star Forge? SS, solos don't pop. There's a sliver of time on Friday evenings, and a bit of time of Saturday afternoon that they pop spontaneous, but otherwise, you've got to work to get anyone in queue. Group ranked doesn't pop without pre-coordination, ever. This was a dumb decision and doesn't reflect the reality of population on SS. There is zero chance I'm going to pay EA for low populations in transferring my character. They made the mess and I'll be damned if I reward them for it. 10 matches, for a daily, that's just dumb.

its two actualy. if you win, you get 5 points.

its literaly the exact same system except it doesnt reward you for losing

it doesnt matter what server you are on, it pushes only people who want to try to queue, and trust me itll be a bit before the word spread that farmers are out of queue. a lot of regulars stoppped because of farmers

Edited by Seterade

The way i see it, mat farmers diluted the teams a tish. But salty butt-hurt regs made a huge deal out of it for no reason. The worst thing was, mat farmers made things a little bit worse, but the change killed ranked completely.

Its like the change did the "destroy ranked" job for the mat farmers. Its like "cannot beat em, so join em" mentality. If mat farmers made things a tish worse, why not just kill ranked completely and call it a day.

It was a dumb change, if anything they should have made it shorter. That way the mat farmers could have quickly finished their dumb weekly and they would have stopped queueing and the real pvpers would play for the fun of playing.

This is where devs have it wrong. The real players do not need excuses to play, the only reason for daily/weeklies are to entice others to try it, but then they make them so long that no-one will try it, thus the whole reason for daily/weeklies has been lost.

It encourages player to play for the win, since it's more rewarding at the end of the weekly to win more than lose. - More than before.

Mats brought more people into Ranked. The better players ate them for breakfast. The mediocre players got taken down a peg or two when some clued-up people decided to team-up and make a go of it.

On DM it was always competitive when I queued, even with several mats-farmer groups in queue all at the same time. I never got AFK-ers, or suiciders in the 60 or 70 matches I did last season. Everyone was always gunning for the win. - Just not that concerned over a loss with loss of ELO.

IMHO BioWare scared off a lot of people. Ranked players included. The rewards were miserly and the game was easily rigged if you had a mind to do so. - That's why they're desperate to get more serious players into ranked. - But with a long grind for sought-after mats, a lot of people are going to give it a miss. - Especially if you can get MWS for getting 8 medals in a regs match once a week per character. - Which isn't exactly hard for any class/spec.

Once the top teams are all geared-up in a few weeks, it'll probably kill the ranked scene queue even more, since the less hardcore players won't want to join games with obvious gear disparity.

GG BW. unintended consequences bites back as usual.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

What happened to previous thread about it? Was it deleted?

[Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is bugged you can only pick it up on Thuesday, then you have to defeat 2 bugged bosses that i couldn't finish even though i left the group when boss was 4%. To complete the weekly for crystal you end up with 50 points in team ranked, but queue is dead because not even mat farmers queueing anymore for 2 reasons: queue is dead and you need 10 loss for single daily and it can take couple of hours, weekly takes even more time.

I think it would look less annoying if the objective required only 2 for daily and 7 for weekly but only progress for wins. It actually is worse than the current system (because losing is now 0 progression) but I think seeing a number like "50" is more discouraging (after all, assuming wins, the whole difference between 20 and 50 is in your head).

Also, unlike the current "50", not rewarding losses at all will make farming 100% inviable. So "idle queuing" for the "benefit of losing" (which is a common tactic for mat farmers. They can watch Youtube and do other stuff as they do this) will be out of the question. To be honest, the new system is designed to discourage mat farmers but it only slows them down, it doesn't waste their time ("idle queueing"). The only people who DO lose time are those who actually play. So in the current system, a dedicated farmer is less discouraged than a real player who simply sometimes loses.

If only wins progressed, while completing the weekly still takes more time, it is a complete shutdown to idle farming, which means you will not see that kind of farmers anymore. Might serve the purpose better and annoy less dedicated players.

because in theory ranked is competitive, and getting ranking off people who arent even trying is not competitive.

ranked was originaly designed to be endgame pvp, equalivent in solo ranked case to MM fps, nim was granked. in theory it was designed to be quality over quantity while regs and leveling were designed to be quantity over quality.

Edited by Seterade

I edited it to include more, but the point was at one time this game had a lot more potential.... and they like to pretend it still does. who knows, maybe cows will fly and 6.0 will make this game the hottest mmo on the net. but it looks a lot better to keep systems that once worked than it does to aknowledge they're outdated and there isnt enough population anymore

Well, my point was that the mat farmers provided content. It livened up the team ranked scene, and established a hierarchy of teams in the queue:

Suiciding mat farmers < Properly playing farmers < Beginner teams < Decent teams < Top 3 players

Right now, I basically only see the latter two. It was possible before to see 4-5 teams at once queueing at the higher ELO's, right now we are lucky to have 3 at the same time. Not to mention, the tails of this hierarchy never got matched with each other unless the queue was ABSOLUTELY dead.

In face of this, I'd argue that the death of mat farming has killed most of the competition that was left.

Its now 2.5x more difficult to complete either the solo or grouped ranked missions. Why? Was there some outcry that it was too easy to get pops? It isn't, as a matter of fact its practically impossible to get a solo pop on Satele Shan and only groups pop with coordination. If you're fighting a superior group, thats 10 losses before the completion of just the daily. I don't get the decision? What gives?

2 months trying to get a pop across 5 of my 13 toons. those five are all geared to the hilt. 2 months then yesterday i finally got a pop for rank solo won the first match in over 2 months. havent got another pop since. its Ridiculous......

After 2 weeks of the new update, the team ranked ques are dead:mad:

You made it this time Bioware ..you made the remaining pvp guilds who came from Pvp servers , get wiped!

I believe that was your goal here .,.to make another stupid grid game and you want players to pay for that?

Why you force pvp community do something else than what they like ..

Why you change the lose/win ratio in trs? Look the results now you FOOLISH devs!!!!

7 years ..I play from 15 December 2011, haven't see worse update on gear system.

I have the rights to blame you devs ..for one time ..I have the rights to say what you do on gear part the last years (CXP, now grid in a Mars like planet) is WRONG.Because I PAY you all these years ..plus I payed 76 euros to get the game 6 months before release ..so you Bioware , own me an explaination!

Already within a week, 4 friends not only delete all their toons, but they delete accounts too .

Do something ..do something fast, increase the shard obtain per week or add them to the CXP system...otherwise in max 4 months , the servers will be ready for shut down!!!