ossus crystal weekly destroys regs

Opiklo

the weekly with the 8 medals just leads to people leaving as soon as they hit 8 medals...

i do the same as everyone does it and it just makes no sense to complete the match if 1 voistar has like 50 players fluctuating... its just wrong that it completes before the wz is finished...

atm regs are just idiotic nonsense

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe but you need to take into account that the only thing the devs can do is give you the incentive to have fun.

if you choose to not have fun, no choice on the devs part can force you. they can offer incentive to play warzones but they cant force you to play or have fun. only you can do that.

the fact here is simple, until gear/rewards granted by pvp play (expertise sets) do not benefit pve gearing you will continue to get that deadwieght whos only there for pve gear mats. it is what it is. right now pvp grants pve gear mats, until it doesnt (expertise sets) you will continue to deal with dead weight pve mat farmers. thank ben irving, and make it loud that you wish for pvp rewards to be completely separate from pve gear again. you can do this by requesting your vote for expertise.

what a lot of people either have forgotten or choose to not keepp in mind is that pre5.0 the pvp quality was better, because the only people who pvped were there to... wait for it... PVP! you used to pvp to pvp, not farm pve gear mats. yes the 60 tokens were a pain and dramaticaly decreased pvp talent but the biggest hit pvp took was the pve mat introduction.

Edited by Seterade

maybe but you need to take into account that the only thing the devs can do is give you the incentive to have fun.

if you choose to not have fun, no choice on the devs part can force you. they can offer incentive to play warzones but they cant force you to play or have fun. only you can do that.

so the only thing the devs can do is give me a quest which finishes at the point where i reach 8 medals?.... instead of making it only count if you finish the wz... which would instantly kill that problem .... but hey.... maybe i am just too stupid....

I am not a dev, but I believe the 8 medal requirment over wz completetion is to encourage participation. anyone can finish a wz standing in a corner with 2 medals. but you have to actually do things to get 8.

I believe this is to mostly affect mat and number farmers, and encourage objective play

may seem hard to believe but even when you play objectively, 8 medals are hard for maras.

Edited by Seterade

I am not a dev, but I believe the 8 medal requirment over wz completetion is to encourage participation. anyone can finish a wz standing in a corner with 2 medals. but you have to actually do things to get 8.

I believe this is to mostly affect mat and number farmers, and encourage objective play

may seem hard to believe but even when you play objectively, 8 medals are hard for maras.

where did i say something about removing the 8 medals requirement? pls learn reading....

and come on even as scoundrel heal you can get 8 medals in like 3 min even while playing objective... you even get medals faster by playing objective.

your points are invalid

so the only thing the devs can do is give me a quest which finishes at the point where i reach 8 medals?.... instead of making it only count if you finish the wz... which would instantly kill that problem .... but hey.... maybe i am just too stupid....

please dont be another toxic pvp forum poster, we have enough of those. in this highlighted part you directly suggest "instead" meaning in this case if it were up to you would prefer it were changed to another completetion objective.

in answer to your comment of "invalid arguement" it doesnt matter if an op can pull 8 medal in 30 seconds. what matters is maras are one of the hardest toons in the game to pull 8 medals, and if bioware is going to make a quest with an objective they need to make it viable for all classes, ranging from mara to op.

you cant base a quest of the top performing classes. specialy when the quest drops a bind on pick up gear currency

would it maybe be nice if "complete a wz and earn 8 medals" maybe, but there are dailys and weekly for that. this game is not hurting for incentives to "finish" a wz

Edited by Seterade

so i talked of the point, when the 8 medals quest finishes...

if you are not able to read and dont understand english i cant help you

and to claim that it is sooooooo difficult for maras to get 8 medals just tells a lot about your personal skill level....

and btw i give up on discussing with you, sorry but i think it leads nowhere

Edited by Opiklo

and I cant help you with your lack of social skills.

btw, you didnt directly say, you wish for it to be both completetion and medals. I came to that conclusion by drawing a calculated guess from your next post. if you are going try to attack other peoples intelligence, try to be actually concise with your posts, leaving your meaning up for conjecture is asking to be misunderstood, thereby setting up an arguement.

Edited by Seterade

the weekly with the 8 medals just leads to people leaving as soon as they hit 8 medals...

.. its just wrong that it completes before the wz is finished...

so you dont understand that and have to make guesses.... does your custodian know you have internet access?

Edited by Opiklo

I dont know what you hope to accomplish with your insults, but I generaly shut out people who act like you do. I tried to help you by answering your question, take what you will. this is the last time I'll speak to you as I dont tolerate behavior like yours toward others. Edited by Seterade

No, that's not how this works.

The devs make PvP the easiest way to get something so randoms have the incentive to queue into warzones so the PvP forum regulars can have fun feeling like they're good players.

If you need an "incentive" to try something, you are a human who carves out a comfort zone and doesn't usually like stepping out of it, which is just about everyone.

If you need an "incentive" besides "have fun" to do something more than a few times, maybe it's not all that fun after all.

No, that's not how this works.

The devs make PvP the easiest way to get something so randoms have the incentive to queue into warzones so the PvP forum regulars can have fun feeling like they're good players.

If you need an "incentive" to try something, you are a human who carves out a comfort zone and doesn't usually like stepping out of it, which is just about everyone.

If you need an "incentive" besides "have fun" to do something more than a few times, maybe it's not all that fun after all.

"thats not how this works, thats not how any of this works!"

-beatrice from esurance.com

https://www.davelandry.com/thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works/

more seriously though most of earth activitys center around an incentive. without incentive an activity is meaningless and empty. yes "fun" can be the incentive, but why is it fun, specificly? because the act you do that is "fun" is why its fun, and usualy is the act of fullfilling an incentive, under the guise of "fun"

typing that made my head hurt. social psychology bends the mind when you look too close.

Edited by Seterade

All life’s choices are about motivations, which often include incentives. People engage in transactions precisely because presumably both parties gain something they want. Having fun is just as much an incentive as dollars... it’s whether that incentive is valuable to you. I mean, this whole game is based on a bunch of intangible imaginary incentives, what are you complaining about?

It is a weekly. The maximal number of matches that can be affected by this kind of behavior is one per character of these idiots.

Now let's think:

If these quitters are PVPers anyway: they will stay because what is the difference between staying in the match which completed the weekly and staying in any other match? So they are not PVPers.

So these people are probably not PVPers and they don't normally PVP at all. In that case:

1. It might take them the majority of the match or even a few matches to get 8 medals.

2. Nothing lost anyway. With new weekly: they play once more more (see number 1). Without it: they play none. You actually just one a small wave of useless queue-fillers (which existed since forever anyway. Labeled: noobs) per weekly reset.

I don't say it is a good thing. But it really isn't such a problem compared to the obvious benefit for all players of getting 1 more crystal per week.

shhhhhhhh.

he definitly didnt post on a discussion forum for opinions. there is no question, no "what do you guys think". he did not ask a question.

i havent asked a question..

if you arent careful you may have your reading skills put into question.

Edited by Seterade

i do the same as everyone does it and it just makes no sense to complete the match if 1 voistar has like 50 players fluctuating... its just wrong that it completes before the wz is finished...

You do the same ... so why are you upset with the match quitters when you are one yourself?

Quitting matches isn't new, or Bioware's fault. It's a player fault, one that you are contributing to. You have no right to complain about a playerbase problem while also (proudly?) saying you are part of the problem.

If you join a match, play the match through.

lel. bud you seem legitimated confused so I will answer your question.

this is a discussion forum. every thing you choose to post here is subject to the question "what do you guys think".

if you didnt want discussion, if you had decided you knew what was going and you didnt need input you should have contacted a developer here on the forums with a direct message with your concerns. but you did not in this case, you may have done that as well (I dont know) but in the case of your question you deliberately posted on a "discussion" forum your opinion of the 8 medal mission.

if you choose to speak in a discussion setting you are asking "what do you guys think". otherwise if you dont care or choose to not listen posting in a discussion forum where 90% of your responces will be players who have 0 say in what happens to the mission, isnt really going to help you.