New gearing system is absolute ****.

septru

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.10 gearing is garbage at this rate it looks like I will be taking a break from the Captastic Jedi gearing under siege. When will this dev team learn we don't want endless grind of crates or dailies rep. I rather hit my had for 8 hours with a hammer then play this crap. This new planet is no fun

I'm currently running 2 operatives and 2 scoundrels so I can acquire as many 252's from the weeklies. I put each piece into legacy gear and saved the shell. Then, once I hit the appropriate reputation, I will start upgrading with my MWS.

Unfortunately, I don't have 4 of each class. So my other classes are going to take considerably longer to gear. I don't have the time to run 25 toons thru the Ossus story+weeklies.

Just realized the 5 month grind is going to take an extra 1 month because Bioware wants to give us accuracy in all gear sets even though you don't need it in PVP

Heck, you don't even need it in PvE because the optimal way to get 110% accuracy is stim+5 acc augments.... not with implants/enhancements. Accuracy in gear is garbage.

Are you running a class that has a healer spec? Might be worthwhile to open gear while in heal spec because healer gear never has accuracy. And since you only need 6 of 7 armorings to get your set bonus, it might worth it to shorten your grind.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

To be honest, I don't understand why we need new gear. That system is a grind parade, nothing else. You get 4 Masterwork Data Cristaly per week, if you do everything.

252 gear costs 2 crystals per peace. In total 28 crystals. With 4 crystals per week, that would take 7 weeks for just one character. With that 252 peace you go to the vendor and purchase a 258 gear peace and pay additional 3-4 crystals. That is 39 crystals for 258 gear. That means, for 258 gear you need 67 crystals and 17 weeks to get them.

You can craft it, but that is ridiculous expensive.

They were told before about it, but they don't care. The question is now for me, why should I care about the game? That gearing system can easily be taken as an insult.

Just realized the 5 month grind is going to take an extra 1 month because Bioware wants to give us accuracy in all gear sets even though you don't need it in PVP

I knew this was going to happen based on what was being stated. I spent 9 months playing NCsoft's Blade & Soul gearing up my main. It took that long because I am unable to PvP where a number of required "upgrades" were hidden behind the PvP wall. 9 months of playing long hours, though the game and story were outstanding and fun, to get max level gear to participate in the end-game dungeons (Master Mode equivalent).

2 weeks later, they announced an new update with new "more powerful gear." When it hit, half of everything required to upgrade was behind the PvP wall. I was looking to spend another 5 to 6 months to reach top-tier again. That was the final straw for me.

Kieth and company have turned this game into a Koreanesque grind fest. I accepted grinding for all my 248 gear via the crates. They were obtainable. Matter of fact, I geared up the entire right side, main and off-hands for 2 more tanks (Guardian & Jugg). I did that in 2 months after I spent 3 months grinding for my full 248 gear. That's an acceptable period of time in my mind's eye for gearing.

I played through Ossus on my main Wednesday morning my time. Story was great. When I looked at the requirements for top-gear...I just shuddered. TUX stated it correctly. Kieth and company do not care. And please, do not tell me "you don't need that gear, 248 or 252 is good enough." Sorry, I do not buy that tripe. They put top end-game gear for Master level Ops, I damn well want and need it. And right now, to get that gear without spending 8 months grinding for it is running MM GOTM until my eyes glaze over and HOPE, that is HOPE I get my gear to drop.

Kieth and company, you really screwed over the player base with your new and improved Koreanesque grind fest. I was streaming SWTOR religiously until I started having issues with the game's SWTOR.exe instances. I was starting to slow down on it because of how I felt about Kieth's new gear grind. Now? I don't give too much time to the game on my channel. In my opinion, it's not worth it to share with my viewers (though small now), because they'll see what I have to do and I know they'll not want to participate in the game if that's what they have to look forward too.

I'm now sitting here debating on whether or not to cut ties with you Keith, your company, and this game. I don't care of the White Hats and SJW forum warriors come out of the wood work asking, "can I have your stuff?" My answer, frack no. I will delete everything I have, not sell it, delete it including characters. I won't just burn the bridge, I will nuke it completely IF I decide to finally walk away. Inevitably, some intellectually challenged forum warrior is going to ask even after they read the highlighted sentence. :rolleyes:

I'm holding out hope that Keith will see that his convoluted gearing system is bad for the game, bad for the players, and most certainly bad for their bottom line (read: earned income from sales). If not, I leave after 7 years. Star Wars or not, I'm not going to subject myself to playing another game that is a cut and paste model of NCsoft's gear progression system. :mad:

So now, I dedicate my time to Neverwinter and FFXIV and soon C.O.T. when they release it for beta. SWTOR has no place on my channel now. I hope Keith and company are okay with that.

To be honest, I don't understand why we need new gear. That system is a grind parade, nothing else. You get 4 Masterwork Data Cristaly per week, if you do everything.

252 gear costs 2 crystals per peace. In total 28 crystals. With 4 crystals per week, that would take 7 weeks for just one character. With that 252 peace you go to the vendor and purchase a 258 gear peace and pay additional 3-4 crystals. That is 39 crystals for 258 gear. That means, for 258 gear you need 67 crystals and 17 weeks to get them.

They were told before about it, but they don't care. The question is now for me, why should I care about the game? That gearing system can easily be taken as an insult.

Don't spend MWS on 252's. Grind out your 252's by doing weekly, multiple toons, and WB's. Save your MWS for upgrading to 258.

Also why in the *** can I not put mods and enchantments from 252+ rating headpiece to any other body part gear piece?

Armorings I understand, but MODS TOO?

what the absolute F is this logic

Edited by Kiesu

That's why I made a suggestion here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957418

Four crystals per toon are too few. I would like to know if the developers play their own game. :rolleyes: Even if you collect the crystals on several crowns, when I have done a week, I have the feeling that I have achieved nothing. -.-

Yes, it's bad :(. We gave tons of feedback on the PTS, but it was only marginally improved (and in some ways worsened).

The system is convoluted, and forces players to play specific aspects of content. Daily pve missions, world bosses, NiM ops, or ranked arenas. No options for warzone players for example (esp. to get reputation), even though it's in pvp that new gear matters most. Well, there are the occasional rotating weekly mission options, but they rotate obviously, instead of always offering something for all player types.

Edited by Neulwen

They don't care. They were told all of this before launch when it was on the test server. It's literally just a new grind that they hope will take longer than the previous one did.

Quit my sub before 5.10, I knew it was going to be nothing but a time-waster sticking around hoping it was going to be better than I expected.

They do this every time, they ruin facets of the game that are enjoyable then replace those ruined parts with pieces that are just awful.

I feel like pointing out also how they ignore player feedback, no matter how much of it they get. It's amazing to me that a gaming company can be so clueless when it comes to what their own gamers want from them and their game.

I feel like pointing out also how they ignore player feedback, no matter how much of it they get. It's amazing to me that a gaming company can be so clueless when it comes to what their own gamers want from them and their game.

They even asked for feedback, after the alterations they made :/. We gave it again, and nothing.

I'm still hoping they will improve it soon, but they should hurry. A bad grind to keep people subbed may instead have the opposite effect.

You cant, you need the 252's to upgrade to 258's. At which point, you wouldnt be saving time that way at all.

You get a piece of 252 gear each time you complete the Ossus planetary weekly quest (10 planetary daily quests).

So if you're willing to PvE, and you can withstand the monotony of doing the same planetary quests week after week, you get can a piece of 252 for per week per alt you do this on. This would save 2 MWC per piece of 258 gear, as you already have the 252 in your inventory.

However, so far as I know PvPers have no alternate path to get 252 gear, and so their 258 gearing is more expensive.

Edited by Khevar

There logic is ****. There premises is ****. The idea is just ****.

Gear has become the new endgame and I refuse to do it.

This is what the Dev team never under stands. No one in a mmo feels the need to have new gear unless you level in a expac. Making gear progression because your to lazy to make real fun content. Is epic fail of any mmo. You could play SWG for 4 years and use the same gear as they added new fun content. I take real content over shinny's. Stick a fork in the crap show Dev team as it done.

They don't care. They were told all of this before launch when it was on the test server. It's literally just a new grind that they hope will take longer than the previous one did.

I don't get it. I mean they don't know better than the customer on this 1 This IS a game, games are supposed to be fun, and not have bs in them that we try to get away from every day life. Devs in so many games don't get that games are supposed to be just that, games. Having fun and getting away from the every day chores we have to put up with.

Edited by MandFlurry

I don't get it. I mean they don't know better than the customer on this 1 This IS a game, games are supposed to be fun, and not have bs in them that we try to get away from every day life. Devs in so many games don't get that games are supposed to be just that, games. Having fun and getting away from the every day chores we have to put up with.

There to busy following the trinity of past MMO failures that did not learn the game should be fun. Gearing is never fun. Grinding rep is never fun. Make fun content and stop making gear the stop gap for harder content. You can make raid challenging in other ways then X boss hits do more damage. So tanks, DPS and hps needs much higher gear to clear crap. Make raiding about fun play. it all in the mechanic innovate mechanic's other then the same old played out MMO crap.