Why changes to the PvP weekly is disasterous

Stellarcrusade

I understand the motive for the change from 20 to 50 and the change for 1 for a loss and 5 for a win, but the change has a couple of unexpected very serious problems.

1.) Very early in a war if it looks like a loss, quit the war, requeue. Since you can do that 4 times to get on a good team and it is still worth it, people will do this. Really, the number of leavers will quadruple. There will be a new "drop of the hat" policy for leaving a war. Because seriously, people are not going to sit through 50 losses to finish a weekly. You figure casual pvper would play maybe 2 wars a day, few days a week, The weekly ends up being a month long thing if they get a string of bad teams and should be called a monthly. Get ready, first goal in a hutball is the winning team as half the other team will quit immediately. First round in Odessen, one team leaves afterwards. In capture the nodes, whichever team captures 2 to begin with, the other team leaves.

2.) 50 seems so daunting, less people will even attempt the weekly, smaller queues.

3.) The hate towards new players on your team will intensify. People will be too win motivated and be very mean.

4.) At the end of the day, because the 50 is soooooooo out of reach those who want to deathmatch will continue to do so.

Frankly, the weekly should be made the same as the low/mids. 1 win for loss, 2 for win, 5 total for week. For a very long time the "weekly" has been more like a "monthly". The changes to 50 were not thought out very well. Terrible change that doesn't solve the problem it was meant to, and creates other issues much greater than the one it was trying to solve in the first place.

1.) Very early in a war if it looks like a loss, quit the war, requeue. Since you can do that 4 times to get on a good team and it is still worth it, people will do this. Really, the number of leavers will quadruple. There will be a new "drop of the hat" policy for leaving a war. Because seriously, people are not going to sit through 50 losses to finish a weekly. You figure casual pvper would play maybe 2 wars a day, few days a week, The weekly ends up being a month long thing if they get a string of bad teams and should be called a monthly. Get ready, first goal in a hutball is the winning team as half the other team will quit immediately. First round in Odessen, one team leaves afterwards. In capture the nodes, whichever team captures 2 to begin with, the other team leaves.

Are you talking about a possible change, or an actual change in the last patch?

From Patch notes:

Increased the number of losses needed to complete Daily and Weekly Ranked PvP Missions.

So my understanding is that the new 50 matches is only for Ranked, not warzones.

My weekly says 20.

It's only bad for like mat farmers that can't play.

I don't really see the problem... queues are slower but quality of games has increased somewhat from what I have seen

Might be good for folks on SF, but SS ranked doesn't happen without quite a lot of behind the scenes effort already. This will only make it more difficult. The OP is correct, this will make a bad situation, worse.