Please remove solo queuers from regs 8v8 queue

Wimbleton

I mean this is just getting horrible. Every time my and other premades try and get some good games going vs each other, the queue just starts to bloat with solo queuers. This is a MMORPG, time to add a "make a friend" button where it automatically invites another person to your grp in fleet and sends them a message that says "you want to pvp with me?". This is a team-effort warzone queue, lets require teams!

I'd like to hear some serious ideas about how we can keep these solo queuers from ruining our cooperative 8v8 queues.

Ideas:

1) Make a Friend Button (As described earlier).

2) Require at least 1 other person in your group before you can queue.

3) Require voice comms with groupmates before you can queue.

4) Disable the option to queue if you are ungrouped.

5) In order to queue a channel has to be activated on two to four pillars (like Xeno), from a single group, then it puts you in queue.

6) [storm-Cutter] Wake a Friend Button. Used for waking friends up early in the morning when they are required to become part of your premade.

7) [storm-Cutter] Shake a Friend Button. Used for waking friends who did not first respond to the Wake a Friend button. Likely we'll need SWTOR to hack their phones and reverse the flow of current so we can shock them through their ear buds.

8) [severith] Requirement of 4 years of active subscriber in order to queue for regs 8v8, to give people enough time to grind all this new gear if they dedicate 8 hours a day.

9) [MackPol] Make top dps and top healer in any given wz automatically friends list each other. Also tank if there is one.

10) [MackPol] Make friends list Legacy ! you know a player you know all their alts.

11) [MackPol] Make premades cross faction, dont let Pubs suffer lack of friends.

12) [MackPol] Allow 8 man premades, why tolerate 4 non friends.. ?

13) [MackPol] If you win 1v1 against someone they must join your premade and do what you tell them.

14) [MackPol] Add Premade option to Groupfinder, with all the perks, like extra daily CXP and role in need !

15) [banderal] Solo queuers may queue as backfill fodder in a poorly lit, dirty area low in the fleet and wait to be called up to a premade game should someone on a premade leave/DC.

16) [ilfiriel_azurian] Require at least 20 screenshots of games above 5k for single target and 8k for dots dps, 8k for heals and 4k for tanks

17 [ilfiriel_azurian] Proof of at least 20 12k dummy parses.

Please list any of your ideas out and I'll add them to this list so we can keep all your great ideas in a single place for the devs to read at least 5 times before implementing many, if not all, of these great ideas.

Edited by Wimbleton

The problem with your suggestion of not allowing pugs to queue w/o a team is, that if you force pugs to group up, they'll just group up with 3 other pugs and you'd have the same situation.

The only fix, which has been suggested (billions ?) of times is:

Separate queues for premades and pugs. Or, automatic separating of premades (2 on each team).

Someone needs a sarcasm detector.

Also, if you think this game has a population left to support seperate queues, you're deluding yourself.

@bleloch, apparently these guys need a sense of humor, I thought the bit on a "make a friend" button was hilarious.

Edited by KendraP

I want a 'WAKE friends' and 'SHAKE friends' buttons too. Sometimes I queue at around 4.30 in the a.m. I want it to get them out of bed, ready to PVP ( and be properly dressed for god's sake) within 1m30s. Coz I ain't queuing with just anybody at that ungodly time.

:)

I've added your great ideas to the the list of great ideas. Well done. I can tell you understand this game on a very high level and are very good at player versus player combat group cooperative play warzones.

I think we should also remove the ability to que for pvp unless you've been subbed for 4+ years. Those people who've only been playing for 2-3 years really drag down the teams. Also, if you don't have the founder title then you should be subject to skill audits, just to be sure.

I think we should also remove the ability to que for pvp unless you've been subbed for 4+ years. Those people who've only been playing for 2-3 years really drag down the teams. Also, if you don't have the founder title then you should be subject to skill audits, just to be sure.

You could be on to something here... .because with the gear grind the way it is, we need to give people plenty of time to learn their character AND grind for gear.

Some great idea here folks. Just adding few :

Make top dps and top healer in any given wz automatically friends list each other. Also tank if there is one.

Make friends list Legacy ! you know a player you know all their alts.

Make premades cross faction, dont let Pubs suffer lack of friends.

Allow 8 man premades, why tolerate 4 non friends.. ?

If you win 1v1 against someone they must join your premade and do what you tell them.

Add Premade option to Groupfinder, with all the perks, like extra daily CXP and role in need !

Lets make regs competitive again !

Someone needs a sarcasm detector.

Also, if you think this game has a population left to support seperate queues, you're deluding yourself.

That is a common misconception. The amount of time it takes to play 1 quality game would be shorter, not longer with separate queues. Even games with small to medium queues this works. Frankly, I'd rather be doing heroics, chapters, market or even examinging my collection of pets while waiting slightly longer for a pop if it is a quality game, instead of playing 8 very poor un-fun games before the 1 good match up. And this fact remains the same if i'm in a premade or pugging.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

I mean this is just getting horrible. Every time my and other premades try and get some good games going vs each other, the queue just starts to bloat with solo queuers. This is a MMORPG, time to add a "make a friend" button where it automatically invites another person to your grp in fleet and sends them a message that says "you want to pvp with me?". This is a team-effort warzone queue, lets require teams!

I'd like to hear some serious ideas about how we can keep these solo queuers from ruining our cooperative 8v8 queues.

Ideas:

1) Make a Friend Button (As described earlier).

2) Require at least 1 other person in your group before you can queue.

3) Require voice comms with groupmates before you can queue.

4) Disable the option to queue if you are ungrouped.

5) In order to queue a channel has to be activated on two to four pillars (like Xeno), from a single group, then it puts you in queue.

6) [storm-Cutter] Wake a Friend Button. Used for waking friends up early in the morning when they are required to become part of your premade.

7) [storm-Cutter] Shake a Friend Button. Used for waking friends who did not first respond to the Wake a Friend button. Likely we'll need SWTOR to hack their phones and reverse the flow of current so we can shock them through their ear buds.

8) [severith] Requirement of 4 years of active subscriber in order to queue for regs 8v8, to give people enough time to grind all this new gear if they dedicate 8 hours a day.

Please list any of your ideas out and I'll add them to this list so we can keep all your great ideas in a single place for the devs to read at least 5 times before implementing many, if not all, of these great ideas.

I second this!

I want a 'WAKE friends' and 'SHAKE friends' buttons too. Sometimes I queue at around 4.30 in the a.m. I want it to get them out of bed, ready to PVP ( and be properly dressed for god's sake) within 1m30s. Coz I ain't queuing with just anybody at that ungodly time.

:)

...LoL...

Some great idea here folks. Just adding few :

Make top dps and top healer in any given wz automatically friends list each other. Also tank if there is one.

Make friends list Legacy ! you know a player you know all their alts.

Make premades cross faction, dont let Pubs suffer lack of friends.

Allow 8 man premades, why tolerate 4 non friends.. ?

If you win 1v1 against someone they must join your premade and do what you tell them.

Add Premade option to Groupfinder, with all the perks, like extra daily CXP and role in need !

Lets make regs competitive again !

These are great ideas which I will add to the list of great ideas.

If we can get this great idea list up to 100 great ideas, I'm certain the devs will read this great list of great ideas and implement them. If we can get it up to 25 I can copy and paste it 3 more times so that we have 100 great ideas in a single location for great ideas for the devs to read 5 times then implement. Edited by Wimbleton

I'm not sure I completely agree with the premise of this thread. I've been in plenty of premades that rise to the challenge and manage to suck just as much a pug group. I've seen pug groups on the other side - and I know they were pug groups because they didn't have the same guild tag - that banded together and smashed some premade on my side. Totally unfair that a premade can actually suck.

But I'm nothing if not reasonable, so in the spirit of coorperation I should point out a glaring way to exploit your plan. Someone could recruite 3 randoms and queue up as a 4 man "premade" and then if the other 3 leave you are left with a dirty PUG on your team. :eek:

I mean, I'm nothing if not an a-hole, so I'd totally do that. I'd find four of my PUG buddies, and we'd team up just long enough to get in the match, and then 3 of us would quit. Then we could do that 2 more times, queuing with 3 and then with 2, and you'd be left with THREE dirty PUGs on your team... practically 1/2 the team! The 4th of my dastardly quad would be the sacrificial lamb. We'd probably trade off, so as to make sure our hidden ELOs, which are totally based on how many premades you have on your team when you lose, so our hidden ELOs would remain small. That way we are guaranteed to get paired with the top 1% players. Bonus!

I think to prevent this, because I'm being reasonable, you should probably add that if anyone in a premade quits, it forces them all to quit. Because, after all, if anyone quits from a TRUE premade, well it's obviously not a worthwhile match, and so the other 3 from from the TRUE premade are going to follow suit anyway.

The only fix, which has been suggested (billions ?) of times is:

Separate queues for premades and pugs. Or, automatic separating of premades (2 on each team).

No, those are not the only fixes. The best fix is to simply improve upon current matchmaking, only having equal amounts of equally sized groups on each team. Separating queues would just reduce the player numbers in both. And auto separating groups is just unnecessary; if a group is not getting pops, they can themselves choose to either separate, keep waiting or stop playing.

I'm not sure I completely agree with the premise of this thread. I've been in plenty of premades that rise to the challenge and manage to suck just as much a pug group. I've seen pug groups on the other side - and I know they were pug groups because they didn't have the same guild tag - that banded together and smashed some premade on my side. Totally unfair that a premade can actually suck.

But I'm nothing if not reasonable, so in the spirit of coorperation I should point out a glaring way to exploit your plan. Someone could recruite 3 randoms and queue up as a 4 man "premade" and then if the other 3 leave you are left with a dirty PUG on your team. :eek:

I mean, I'm nothing if not an a-hole, so I'd totally do that. I'd find four of my PUG buddies, and we'd team up just long enough to get in the match, and then 3 of us would quit. Then we could do that 2 more times, queuing with 3 and then with 2, and you'd be left with THREE dirty PUGs on your team... practically 1/2 the team! The 4th of my dastardly quad would be the sacrificial lamb. We'd probably trade off, so as to make sure our hidden ELOs, which are totally based on how many premades you have on your team when you lose, so our hidden ELOs would remain small. That way we are guaranteed to get paired with the top 1% players. Bonus!

I think to prevent this, because I'm being reasonable, you should probably add that if anyone in a premade quits, it forces them all to quit. Because, after all, if anyone quits from a TRUE premade, well it's obviously not a worthwhile match, and so the other 3 from from the TRUE premade are going to follow suit anyway.

You're onto something here. We DO IN FACT have a use for the solo queuers.

They are now able to queue and wait to be backfilled into any premade game. They must go down to a lower, dirtier and less shiney part of the fleet. This area has seat cushions that are ripped, wall hangings that are faded and only servers water at the bar. To add to that, the bartender is very rude. Chat is disabled in this area. They can read chat but not type in it. They may queue as backfill fodder and sit in this area and wait to be called up.

I'll add this to the list under your name, since you inspired it.

You're onto something here. We DO IN FACT have a use for the solo queuers.

They are now able to queue and wait to be backfilled into any premade game. They must go down to a lower, dirtier and less shiney part of the fleet. This area has seat cushions that are ripped, wall hangings that are faded and only servers water at the bar. To add to that, the bartender is very rude. Chat is disabled in this area. They can read chat but not type in it. They may queue as backfill fodder and sit in this area and wait to be called up.

I'll add this to the list under your name, since you inspired it.

We have those already, the non subs that plead to join your premade. I’d go solo any day before I let free loaders into my premade

Require at least 20 screenshots of games above 5k for single target and 8k for dots dps, 8k for heals and 4k for tanks. I mean who are we kidding those pesky solo queuers can't damage. Nobody has got time for tanks who are not burst dps.

Completion of a obstacle course, people who can't move in PvP are the worst.

Banning of back tracking move button in PvP and mandatory mouse turning enforced by webcam surveillance.

12k dummy parses for all classes. Gotta know your class.

Edited by ilfiriel_azurian

Require at least 20 screenshots of games above 5k for single target and 8k for dots dps, 8k for heals and 4k for tanks. I mean who are we kidding those pesky solo queuers can't damage. Nobody has got time for tanks who are not burst dps.

Completion of a obstacle course, people who can't move in PvP are the worst.

Banning of back tracking move button in PvP and mandatory mouse turning enforced by webcam surveillance.

12k dummy parses for all classes. Gotta know your class.

Ok ok ok you're way out of line here....

19 screenshots is plenty.

Clearly though, you know what you're talking about so I'll go with your recommendation. Better safe than sorry my granny used to say before I'd punch her for talking without permission.