Bring back "High Priority Hard Mode Operation Rotation" in 5.10?

Rion_Starkiller

One of thew (few) good things about 4.x was the Priority HM operation rotation. Perhaps with this new gear tier, it could be reintroduced? It would be nice to get extra CXP, UC's, and maybe a 252 crate when we finish the mission.

Operations like HM EV and KP could be excluded.

PS - Also, please revert operation difficulty names back to Story, Hard, and Nightmare.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

PS - Also, please revert operation difficulty names back to Story, Hard, and Nightmare.

It's funny to me that the renaming was supposed to make things more clear, but I still see people confused about MM.

Just this past weekend I had a humorous debate with someone in a pug who insisted that the old HM flashpoints became "Veteran Mode" and, that "Master Mode flashpoints" were a brand-new level of difficulty added to the game.

One of thew (few) good things about 4.x was the Priority HM operation rotation. Perhaps with this new gear tier, it could be reintroduced? It would be nice to get extra CXP, UC's, and maybe a 252 crate when we finish the mission.

Operations like HM EV and KP could be excluded.

It was not a good thing. Hence why they removed it. It started the trend of handing gear to everyone and look where it took us.

To be fair, the whole command rank system is probably even worse and should be removed too.

An ops having better reward is not a good idea though. But as usual with Bioware it was a good idea badly implemented. Rewarding a better tier of gear than what you're supposed to get is bad because it devalue the harder content. What you want to do is give a good enough reward to motivate people to run it, but not so much that it becomes a better way to gear than the content it's supposed to drop from.

Couldn't agree more

It's funny to me that the renaming was supposed to make things more clear, but I still see people confused about MM.

Yeah, just for the records and to truly realize how confusing it is. HM FP are now called Master Mode, but HM ops are now called veteran while Tactical FP (which are role neutral contrary to Veteran ops) are also called Veteran. And that's only for ops and FP. If you mix in Uprisings it gets even more confusing. Story Mode Ups are role neutral like Veteran Mode FP, but Veteran Mode Ups do actually have role requirements like Master Mode FP. And on top of that there's Master Mode Ups, which are way more difficult than Master Mode FP and more in line with Master Mode ops (not really, but still more than MM FP).

I don't know who got the ideas for the names, it's everything except clearer.

Just this past weekend I had a humorous debate with someone in a pug who insisted that the old HM flashpoints became "Veteran Mode" and, that "Master Mode flashpoints" were a brand-new level of difficulty added to the game.

If only. I'm a strong believer that a new, harder difficulty for FP would be a good thing.

It was not a good thing. Hence why they removed it. It started the trend of handing gear to everyone and look where it took us.

To be fair, the whole command rank system is probably even worse and should be removed too.

An ops having better reward is not a good idea though. But as usual with Bioware it was a good idea badly implemented. Rewarding a better tier of gear than what you're supposed to get is bad because it devalue the harder content. What you want to do is give a good enough reward to motivate people to run it, but not so much that it becomes a better way to gear than the content it's supposed to drop from.

The problem was that a 224 dropped on every boss, even for flashpoint-difficulty operations like EV HM. Suddenly everyone was wearing 224 gear. Then you could almost infinitely farm the last boss for a 224 MH/OH by dropping group and leaving the instance right before the boss was killed. This is why I suggest there be ONE random gear crate reward that is attached to the mission, not the boss.

But honestly, it doesn't even have to be gear. I would at least like to see a HM weekly operation. SM ops get a weekly, why can't HM? Or even NiM. Sometimes the guild I'm in are like "what do you want to do? idk, what hm op do you want to do? idk, what do you feel like tanking? idk, playerX is healing tonight, so maybe I'll run my PT" etc etc. With a weekly, you can be influenced by whether there is a reward and which toons do or don't have lock outs.

Couldn't agree more

Yeah, just for the records and to truly realize how confusing it is. HM FP are now called Master Mode, but HM ops are now called veteran while Tactical FP (which are role neutral contrary to Veteran ops) are also called Veteran. And that's only for ops and FP. If you mix in Uprisings it gets even more confusing. Story Mode Ups are role neutral like Veteran Mode FP, but Veteran Mode Ups do actually have role requirements like Master Mode FP. And on top of that there's Master Mode Ups, which are way more difficult than Master Mode FP and more in line with Master Mode ops (not really, but still more than MM FP).

I don't know who got the ideas for the names, it's everything except clearer.

If only. I'm a strong believer that a new, harder difficulty for FP would be a good thing.

The devs had so many requests for NiM Flashpoints that they changed the difficulty tier names so that people would stop asking :D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

The problem was that a 224 dropped on every boss, even for flashpoint-difficulty operations like EV HM. Suddenly everyone was wearing 224 gear. Then you could almost infinitely farm the last boss for a 224 MH/OH by dropping group and leaving the instance right before the boss was killed. This is why I suggest there be ONE random gear crate reward that is attached to the mission, not the boss.

But honestly, it doesn't even have to be gear. I would at least like to see a HM weekly operation. SM ops get a weekly, why can't HM? Or even NiM. Sometimes the guild I'm in are like "what do you want to do? idk, what hm op do you want to do? idk, what do you feel like tanking? idk, playerX is healing tonight, so maybe I'll run my PT" etc etc. With a weekly, you can be influenced by whether there is a reward and which toons do or don't have lock outs.

Even if it's one piece of gear people will still farm it. Except now people will fight really hard for it and get frustrated if they don't get it. Remember people always take the path of least resistance so if you can have BiS while doing EV or KP, people will do it. The gear progression we had up until 4.0 (if you exclude priority op) was actually pretty good. it enticed people who really wanted better gear to do harder content. That's the reason why I started doing HM when I got my full 192 back in 3.0. It gave me the taste for raiding and now I'm running NiM 3 times a week ^^

But otherwise, I agree with you. A weekly HM and NiM op which has better rewards is a nice idea. It would give a reason to do an op other than just doing it.

The devs had so many requests for NiM Flashpoints that they changed the difficulty tier names so that people would stop asking :D

Bioware's easiest fix ever :rak_03: