Please remove premades from reg pvp

RaithHarth

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was enough population to make this work it would be fine. But at this point, if you did that, both premade and non premade queues would be dead. It’s not going to happen. You’re delusional if you think it will.

Don’t need 2 queues. We just need the matchmaking system to work properly and put premades against premades

^^ This

So if you que as premade u have to wait for another premade to que. If not you wont play :p or you que solo!

I suppose this would be the best solution; it can be fun to play against friends too :).

But if this were to happen, players would have to be informed. For example after 10min of not getting a pop, the group should get a system message informing them that no other groups are in queue, and that they can try splitting up their group to get a pop. Not everyone reads patch notes, and some might think this would mean no pops at all.

The other alternative is that matchmaking tries for maybe 10min to find another group, and if that fails, a group vs pug match is initiated. It seems to me like the current matchmaking is a bit too quick with initiating uneven games. (Not only wrt groups, but also roles, but that could be due to backfills, which is another issue that I think needs to be improved upon with matchmaking.)

Definitely do not remove grouping up from unranked warzones.

Edited by Neulwen

Why not have people queue in a premade and when there isn’t one on the other team their premade gets randomly split in two so 2 are on each side. Everyone is still playing together and both teams have the same advantage

It is a great idea which I suggested even when matchmaking was still a fictional discussion. The advocates of premades claimed it wouldn't be fun to fight each other because it is only fun to play together (which sounded too much like "it is only fun when it is clealry advantageous since I only secured good players on my team and any good player on the other team is just optional")

Man I just hate having friends to play with. God forbid we decide to pvp together, it’s just so unfair we get matched against unskilled solo players. Maybe all the solo players should do the solo ranked mode that is intended for them.

I hate seeing these terms together "unskilled solo players". It is a terrible attempt to make it sound like both conditions need to be met in order to be in a disadvantage (you need to be: 1. unskilled. 2. solo) which "disproves" that premade is advantageous. That is a lie. An individual player will always perform better while in premade compared to himself in solo because he can trust his team to back him up as he takes greater risk (and remember greater risks equal greater rewards when taken properly). Coordination is a skill modifier for each of the coordinated team members. How much it is effective differs from team to team, but it will never be equal or less than 1.

That is also without considering that with a premade you can secure trinity for your group, which is by far advantageous compared to a random group which might not have a healer, or might not have a healer who knows how NOT to DPS, and of course, premade guarantees at least half the group is trying to win, compared to solo groups in which it is usually less. [i am not talking about the cases in which the premade are mindless damage farmers. It is clear to most of us that all kind of narrowly-number-oriented-players are a hindrance in any form]

hmm.

i'm playing regs in groups and also queue solo.

playing solo mostly creates a team of solo players, maybe there are teams of 2.

or you are one of four solo players and another group in your team.

and it seems, that it is the same with the enemy team (-mostly-).

the same by playing in a team. mostly we are playing with 2 groups in a team,

or 1 group and 4 solo players, or maybe 2ppl teams. and it is the same with

the enemies. sometimes groups don't seem to be groups, but mostly you can

find out, that they are teamed up, too.

just in times, when pop ups need more time, i'm playing solo against a team,

or with a group against solo players. yes. this is a bit unfair.

groups are no guarantee to win. i won several times in a complete solo team,

against groups, because they didn't played objective or they trusted in the others

doing calls. even against very good ranked teams. and also you can get a complete

beginner group as an enemy. they queue together to help each other, but their total

lack of experience will more damage the team, than coordination will help'em.

so in my opinion, it is not so wrong these times.

but i really would like to get a ranked variant of the reg maps. just playing arena

in ranked is a bit boring for my personal preferences.

Man I just hate having friends to play with. God forbid we decide to pvp together, it’s just so unfair we get matched against unskilled solo players. Maybe all the solo players should do the solo ranked mode that is intended for them.

If you really think it is fair to go against 4 random players with a group or 4 players that have specific classes to fill their role (mostly 2 dps, 1h, 1t) that are on voice chat then you have some issues.

Mostly its even troll classes like 2-3 operatives who go into the wz ripping people apart. They dominate huttball, stealth cap nodes (with double ccing the guarding person) and much more. Its a question here if the fun of these 4 ppl is more worth than the annoyance of the 8 ppl on the opposing team.

As I said before I have nothing against people grouping up, it is an MMO (which can also mean you play against people not NPCs, not necessarily that you have to group with people) but we should keep it fair.

I agree, if I solo queue and see a premade on other side, I just leave. If the queue system prevented groups in reg pvp, it would happily split the premades and much better matches would happen.

Why would it have to split if there are 2 similarly large groups queuing..?

Why not just let friends play together in those cases?

Edited by Neulwen

It's not needed in regular pvp, premades work best with ranked pvp only.

After so many years of Swtor this is probably the most horrible idea Ive ever read.

You basically wanna take every bit of skill based gameplay from regs to make every match RNG? Premades are the only way to actuslly get to a 100% winrate in regs and is what makes it fun to a lot of people. Qing regs solo is boring and most of the time pointless..

You guys often underestimate the power of social skills in this games pvp. Get friends. Get a guild. Learn to play and win against other groups.

Holy ****.

Edit: I mean its not even hard .. you literally just have to watch who is good and text them: Hey mate you seem to be a good pvper... wanna group up? Can i put you on my fl?"

Like, seriously

Edited by xChAoTiXx

After so many years of Swtor this is probably the most horrible idea Ive ever read.

You basically wanna take every bit of skill based gameplay from regs to make every match RNG? Premades are the only way to actuslly get to a 100% winrate in regs and is what makes it fun to a lot of people. Qing regs solo is boring and most of the time pointless..

You guys often underestimate the power of social skills in this games pvp. Get friends. Get a guild. Learn to play and win against other groups.

Holy ****.

Edit: I mean its not even hard .. you literally just have to watch who is good and text them: Hey mate you seem to be a good pvper... wanna group up? Can i put you on my fl?"

Like, seriously

Queuing with friends and getting in a game against another group of similar skill level, can indeed make for some really awesome games. However some people may prefer to Q alone, for various reasons. Just because you find it boring to solo Q doesn't mean everyone does. Sometimes there can be very good games even with all pugs, if both teams have competent players (and balanced teams).

Plus, 100% win rate sounds like you're facing lower-skilled groups and/or pugs. I for one find it boring to stomp the opposition. I like even games, even if I lose.

Anyway, I also prefer to play in a group, with friends, but that doesn't mean I think everyone should be forced to group up. Also, grouping up doesn't automatically make all group members high-skilled. Unranked warzones should work for both groups and solos, and for players of all skill levels. It just needs good matchmaking.

Edited by Neulwen

Queuing with friends and getting in a game against another group of similar skill level, can indeed make for some really awesome games. However some people may prefer to Q alone, for various reasons. Just because you find it boring to solo Q doesn't mean everyone does. Sometimes there can be very good games even with all pugs, if both teams have competent players (and balanced teams).

Plus, 100% win rate sounds like you're facing lower-skilled groups and/or pugs. I for one find it boring to stomp the opposition. I like even games, even if I lose.

Anyway, I also prefer to play in a group, with friends, but that doesn't mean I think everyone should be forced to group up. Also, grouping up doesn't automatically make all group members high-skilled. Unranked warzones should work for both groups and solos, and for players of all skill levels. It just needs good matchmaking.

It already works for both groups and solos, I can tell you that without fail every single person I've seen make a post crying about premades in regs is a *******. If they found a group of 4 similar skilled players and made a premade, they would just be a giant 4 man hole in their team.

They cry about premades because those matches most expose how awful they are.

Whats more impressive about ToR than any other MMO game i've ever played, is the percentage of the playerbase that can take part in PvP for years upon years and still lack a very basic fundamental understanding of the games mechanics. Positioning/interrupts/dcd management......yet they come on the forums for the last 7 years crying about hacks and premades when they wouldnt know a hack from a skilled hardswap if it kicked them in the teeth.

I make a lot of comments about "mad cuz bad" and people assume its a troll, but im being serious, the OP is just mad cuz bad.

please remove crybabies from reg pvp...

if eqauity of chances and competetive play matters to you, then why exactly do you play regs?

there is this mode called ranked for this.. maybe you have heard of it before.....

now you will say: .... but i hate arenas....

i say: thats a totally different topic, as you shoul cry for ranked 8v8 and not for regs to be changed...

There is nothing wrong wih premades in reg wz...

its a FUN mode.. you know that thing where you can go and do ******** like number farming, trolling etc....

if you take reg wzs that serious i think you have other issues you should take care of first