The 252 armor drops via command crates are on PTS

Darevsool

i claimed it. I was going to drop my crew skill, get artifice, and see if I could RE it.

Then, after I claimed it, I remembered I could have just got one from the vendor so it was too late to disintegrate it.

Edited by Darevsool

i claimed it. I was going to drop my crew skill, get artifice, and see if I could RE it.

Then, after I claimed it, I remembered I could have just got one from the vendor so it was too late to disintegrate it.

Oh well, maybe next time then. I’d be interested in what happens.

I'm amused that you got a box within a box. :D

Am I seeing that correctly? 252 gear is purple?

PS - nice phone pics as screen shots... even my cat knows how to use Print Screen :p

Do you WANT to see a 5760x1080 screenshot?

Or do you want to see the important part of the picture?

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried 150 more crates, no new stuff at all.

They were from fresh transfers, e-mail to toon inventory.

I'm trying another toon with 50, this time putting them in my cargo hold and logging off that toon for awhile. I'll go back and see if that matters.

I just tried 150 more crates, no new stuff at all.

They were from fresh transfers, e-mail to toon inventory.

I'm trying another toon with 50, this time putting them in my cargo hold and logging off that toon for awhile. I'll go back and see if that matters.

There seems to be some variety in the rewards that you get from crates that are copied from live and crates that you gain by using cxp packs on PTS (from packs that you transfer from live).

There seems to be some variety in the rewards that you get from crates that are copied from live and crates that you gain by using cxp packs on PTS (from packs that you transfer from live).

I'm beginning to accept that as a possibility.

The last 50 bore no new items.

I'm beginning to accept that as a possibility.

The last 50 bore no new items.

I opened 300 of them. No new stuff at all. I actually don't care if 252 drops from transferred command crates on pts, but am more worried if 252 will drop from crates collected before the patch when it'll go live :confused:

Edited by Thayya

I opened 300 of them. No new stuff at all. I actually don't care if 252 drops from transferred command crates on pts, but am more worried if 252 will drop from crates collected before the patch when it'll go live :confused:

I suspect that it will take a reboot to update the code to bring the saved crates "current"

There was a PTS reboot after my initial toon transfers until I opened the first couple batches.

The 2nd transfers...there hasn't been a reboot yet.

I'm sitting on 200+ waiting for a PTS reboot to test THAT theory.

The drop rate on the pts may not be properly set. But if this is the final setting, then it’s very disappointing.

Yep if the drop rate's going to be low like that it's not even worth doing anything to get that gear via command crates. Compared to the drop rate of CMTs which is very low by now: I got 6 of them out of 200 crates.

Guess for me it would be the best way to get the gear by Ossus weekly mission then. Or with the MWS if there will be missions matching my preferred type of content which actually is operations and conquest, rp left aside :p UCs dropping from Nim bosses not to forget. Will also be very helpful.

Edited by Thayya

Took me 62 boxes to get a 252 token (implant). Since it is purple the dps increase is marginal. I fail to see where it will affect the current meta.

Players who are doing nim will be able to progress through the new nim content. The biggest game changer here was the 258 mainhand, since it won't be available until 5.11? i don't see the real need for new gear.

Since bioware mentioned new content coming early next year (by early they probably mean March), i thnk it will be that Exile Don guy or another generic dude added to the story

Since bioware mentioned new content coming early next year (by early they probably mean March),

Experience from years past shows March is usually the end of March or early April with bugs that need patching for 2-3 weeks.

I really hope we don’t get stuck into that cycle again or the one we had last year that took 9 months of slowly adjusting the gearing system to fix it.

Opened some more crates (now 300 in total), still no 252 gear but found out sth new and quite ridiculous. Looks like there's a limit of how many cxp you can earn per week. What the...? Cxp packs used anyway are just gone and you can't even disintegrate anymore so I had to claim and sell all the sh*t dropping out of that 40 crates I had left. Also you don't get any cxp from quests or enemies you kill. Does that make any sense? :rak_02: Edited by Thayya

Opened some more crates (now 300 in total), still no 252 gear but found out sth new and quite ridiculous. Looks like there's a limit of how many cxp you can earn per week. What the...? Cxp packs used anyway are just gone and you can't even disintegrate anymore so I had to claim and sell all the sh*t dropping out of that 40 crates I had left. Also you don't get any cxp from quests or enemies you kill. Does that make any sense? :rak_02:

Can you hazard a guess as to how much CXP you gained before you hit the cap?