New Races

Azterion

Greetings, everyone! I'm sure you all have a race or two you'd like to suggest to the devs, and the only way to help them know what we're hoping for is to talk about it: So let's start suggesting! I'll start with mine and the rest of you can take it away. I'll explain my main choice then list other possible candidates and what faction they should be on. Suggest ANYTHING you want...even Gungans.

The race I've been wanting for years, and is already featured in the game, are the Nautolans! For those of you not familiar with this race, Nautolans are Kit Fisto's race: An amphibious people with advanced olfactory scenes and resilient bodies.

REPUBLIC

- Nautolan (Kit Fisto)

- Mysterious Yoda Species

- Wookie (Chewbacca)

- Kel Dor (Plo Koon)

- Kaminooan (The cloners who created the Republic's grand army)

- Mon Calamari (IT'S A TRAP!)

EMPIRE

- Uson Vong

- Rodian (Greedo)

- Jawa (Well... Jawas)

- Trandoshan (Bossk)

- Kaleesh (General Grievous)

- Thisspiasian (Oppo Rancisis)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New races would be nice but I would settle for just getting new customization options for Twi'leks.

Oh I totally agree for more customization, particularily when it comes to the our builds. Right now the size of the character goes from Luke Skywalker small and skinny to the Incredible HULK, lol. They need to add an Anakin Skywalker build, which is taller, more athletic looking. Not super skinny but not on roids either.

We may get Nautolans at some future point, we'll never get any of the others.

I dunno, man, a lot of those races I mentioned are already models in the game, so there really isn't a reason for them to hold back. I mean if they can have Miraluka (Humans with blindfolds???) then they can have those races lol.

WOOKIEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

"I don't care what you smell".

Rodian could be cool too if you are Irish or something and like Green.

I really think Wookie would be so cool and the thing is they already have wookie animations both walking around in story cut scenes.

Yeah, they couldn't wear much visible gear and they couldn't speak basic, but everyone seems to speak everything anyways so they could understand, could even use some tech device that traslates what they say in their deep voice tons. Yeah, a little contrived, sure, but I think it would be so worth it.

I would even play a second character if I could play all big, hairy and dog-like. I'm pretty much like a dog already in demeanor and intelligence so it would be a good fit.

I think it would add a lot to the game and have the classic feel really represented.

Than again, I'm an idiot so you really can't go by me. :w_eek:

I dunno, man, a lot of those races I mentioned are already models in the game, so there really isn't a reason for them to hold back. I mean if they can have Miraluka (Humans with blindfolds???) then they can have those races lol.

Not likely to happen....

Reason is that any new races as player characters would have to be added to all story and class missions. Including all cut scenes and conversations. That would take a lot of time and resources. It would be very surprising if BW spent that kind of time and money to do that.

So sorry to say, though it would be nice to have, it will never happen.....

Seeing as the new species would need to be able to do the same animations as the ones that came before, a lot of the ones listed by the op would be impossible. But now I wanna see Quinn make out with a Wookie, or Kaliyo with a Rodian :D .

Anyway, good luck and happy hunting

I'm not a programmer nor do I claim to know how they do what they do but every one of my character's customized appearances show up in the cut scenes......isn't it just a skin inserted to the scene? Couldn't a new race be placed the same?

New playable species would be great, but the options would have to be limited to aliens that speak Basic and have enough humanoid features that their introduction either wouldn't contradict lore or causes problems with cutscene content.

As cool as it would be to play a bowcaster-wielding Wookie, that is sadly not a possibility. Neither would a Gaffi-stick wielding Tusken that does

every time you defeat someone in PVP, which would be my pick. :D

The most likely candidates would be humanoid aliens that already have some existing character models in the game. Nautolans for instance, which were the third most requested playable species behind Togruta and Cathar, Devaronians, or Weequay.

New playable species would be great, but the options would have to be limited to aliens that speak Basic and have enough humanoid features that their introduction either wouldn't contradict lore or causes problems with cutscene content.

As cool as it would be to play a bowcaster-wielding Wookie, that is sadly not a possibility. Neither would a Gaffi-stick wielding Tusken that does

every time you defeat someone in PVP, which would be my pick. :D

The most likely candidates would be humanoid aliens that already have some existing character models in the game. Nautolans for instance, which were the third most requested playable species behind Togruta and Cathar, Devaronians, or Weequay.

Exactly this, except the Weequay might be too tall for female toons. Species must be humanoid so there is minimum effort into programming them into smiling, kissing, grimacing, etc

Seeing that they have assets for some I think it would not be too hard much to see. There seems to be wide support for Nautolen which would be nice to see. Id like to see Voss as well as both are already rendered in game.

There are four different Nautolan models in the game, and their real names are:

* Blue Male

* Green Male

* Blue Female

* Green Female.

There are no face variations, no scars, nothing, just those four. Of course they could add variations (as they did when adding Cathar and Toggies), but they would have to do so, and that represents a non-trivial amount of graphical modelling work.

Same for Voss (except that there is one male and one female, who are also too tall *and* too skinny to be compatible with existing armour sets. Playable Voss are also a monstrously enormous big huge lore break, and adding them as playable would immediately turn every single conversation on or around the Voss segment of the class stories into total gibberish.

The other one that crops up from time to time is Devaronians, and there the "limited models" thing is worse: there are two, best called Tyresius Lokai and Gault Rennow. All others look like Tyresius, and not one of them is female. (Female Devaronians have no horns and look in general quite different from the males.)

Seeing that they have assets for some I think it would not be too hard much to see. There seems to be wide support for Nautolen which would be nice to see. Id like to see Voss as well as both are already rendered in game.

Voss could be cool, for sure. Good thinking.

Trandoshan would be pretty wicked too.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I'd love to be able to play as a Nautolan.

I have been calling for Nautolan's as a playable race at every livestream BW has done. Since they are already used as NPC's and a companion should not be too hard to bring in.

Will pray for this to happen every day!

I have been calling for Nautolan's as a playable race at every livestream BW has done. Since they are already used as NPC's and a companion should not be too hard to bring in.

Will pray for this to happen every day!

I've loved the Nautolans ever since the first time i saw Kit Fisto, and i liked Bengel Morr very much, so i'd be more than happy with being able to play as one.

There are four different Nautolan models in the game, and their real names are:

* Blue Male

* Green Male

* Blue Female

* Green Female.

There are no face variations, no scars, nothing, just those four. Of course they could add variations (as they did when adding Cathar and Toggies), but they would have to do so, and that represents a non-trivial amount of graphical modelling work.

Same for Voss (except that there is one male and one female, who are also too tall *and* too skinny to be compatible with existing armour sets. Playable Voss are also a monstrously enormous big huge lore break, and adding them as playable would immediately turn every single conversation on or around the Voss segment of the class stories into total gibberish.

The other one that crops up from time to time is Devaronians, and there the "limited models" thing is worse: there are two, best called Tyresius Lokai and Gault Rennow. All others look like Tyresius, and not one of them is female. (Female Devaronians have no horns and look in general quite different from the males.)

That is all very true, but doesn't necessarily mean that a new species couldn't be implemented. The Togruta and Cathar were similarly limited when they were solely NPCs.

One race I'd like to see added is the Evocii. I think there's some potential there for a good story given their lowly status in game. Ideally it'd be nice if they got special dialogue extras when dealing with Hutts or other Evocii, but just the skin would be great for a smuggler or even a JK. It's also humanoid enough to fit BW's conditions on cutscenes and romancing, and there's several models in the game.

My old guild on BC was called Ilox Investigations. I always thought rping an Evocii detective would be neat.

Edited by Ardrossan

That is all very true, but doesn't necessarily mean that a new species couldn't be implemented. The Togruta and Cathar were similarly limited when they were solely NPCs.

I agree, they can indeed implement new playable species even though there are very few existing models in-game.

May I direct your attention to these words in my text you quoted?

Of course they could add variations (as they did when adding Cathar and Toggies), but they would have to do so, and that represents a non-trivial amount of graphical modelling work.

WOOKIEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

"I don't care what you smell".

Rodian could be cool too if you are Irish or something and like Green.

I really think Wookie would be so cool and the thing is they already have wookie animations both walking around in story cut scenes.

Yeah, they couldn't wear much visible gear and they couldn't speak basic, but everyone seems to speak everything anyways so they could understand, could even use some tech device that traslates what they say in their deep voice tons. Yeah, a little contrived, sure, but I think it would be so worth it. Great suggestion!

I would even play a second character if I could play all big, hairy and dog-like. I'm pretty much like a dog already in demeanor and intelligence so it would be a good fit.

I think it would add a lot to the game and have the classic feel really represented.

Than again, I'm an idiot so you really can't go by me. :w_eek:

Indeed, they'd be the first subtitled player character lol. "ARF-ARF-RrRrrRRRrRRRrr" Gear wouldn't be a much of a problem either, all they'd need to do is cut it down to fragments of each set on them. People will show their Wookie love no matter what!

Edited by Azterion

Not likely to happen....

Reason is that any new races as player characters would have to be added to all story and class missions. Including all cut scenes and conversations. That would take a lot of time and resources. It would be very surprising if BW spent that kind of time and money to do that.

So sorry to say, though it would be nice to have, it will never happen.....

It wouldn't actually be that hard at all. That's not actually how the process works: they don't have to add anything, the scenes just show whatever it is your playing, they don't actually make them individually. All they'd have to do is insert the character model, like any of the currently available ones, and add a voice. The only real work would be adding subtitles for races like Wookies and Jawas, along with the typical sound effects of their gibberish language. It's honestly cake.

As much as I would like Jawas to be an option, I think I'd rather see Ortolan be a playable species. Someone needs to support the blue elephants

That's be hilarious, man. I have to admit I never even considered Ortolans! Their voice sounds would be hilarious. Very creative choice, I like it!