*looks around, mumbles shyly* C-Can Scourge Become A Romance Option Please?

Ylliarus

I am not asking for myself of course, but for a certain Jedi Knight who has had a silent crush on him ever since she met him on Quesh.

Now that Light Side Jaesa is becoming a romance option, which I am happy about to be honest, it would be amazing if the same could be done for Lord Scourge! He's definitely a character I have loved since the Revan novel and I was bummed neither male or female Jedi Knights were able to romance him. I know the reason was because of the Sith Emperor's ritual that made Scourge immortal, but now that the Immortal Boi is dead perhaps... perhaps that undid the ritual and Scourge becomes a mortal once more? Able to feel again because the constant pain is gone?

I also think we need more Sith Pureblood companions and romance options. Like Lord Cytharat would have been perfect for male toons but sadly he is dead in half of people's stories :( so... how about Vowrawn having a son... a younger Vowrawn basically, who is also romanceable and a marriage option... please? :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... it's possible to have romances in real life as well. They even have web sites and apps for that kind of thing. Or so I hear...

Nah, I like the independence of being single ;) and I have always been a sucker for other people's romances, be it fictional or real, so you don't hear me complaining! At least with fictional romances you don't have the risk of actually getting hurt or end up in a nasty place!

Edited by Ylliarus

A Lord Scourge romance is more than likely in the works. All signs, just shy of Charles shouting it from the rooftops, are there so I'd say the odds are in your Jedi Knight's favor?

I think she'll be most happy to hear that! ;)

With the way they intend to go forward with the returning companions and potential new romances for them, it seems indeed more than likely Scourge would become a romance option too. But all the others like Arcann and Theron got their thread, I thought... let Scourge have one too!

Only if devs think up an actually believable way to cure his gift/curse. If he just finds a random datacron-of-undoing from under the Emperors bed, I'm gonna be too disappointed at the writing to care about any romances. Arguably the most powerful force user gave him a near-impossible ability, it can't be that easy to simply get rid of.

Only if devs think up an actually believable way to cure his gift/curse. If he just finds a random datacron-of-undoing from under the Emperors bed, I'm gonna be too disappointed at the writing to care about any romances. Arguably the most powerful force user gave him a near-impossible ability, it can't be that easy to simply get rid of.

Well, what if it could be the same as with Nathema? Vitiate did that too and now that he's dead the world is coming alive again. I believe Charles Boyd said the same was the case for Ziost, so maybe Valkorion's death undid Scourge's condition?

I think she'll be most happy to hear that! ;)

With the way they intend to go forward with the returning companions and potential new romances for them, it seems indeed more than likely Scourge would become a romance option too. But all the others like Arcann and Theron got their thread, I thought... let Scourge have one too!

Oh, you need to look harder. ;) Over the years there have been many threads both in General, as well as Suggestions and Story/Lore requesting a Scourge romance. There's even a Scourge Lovethread though it tends to sink to the bottom because he's been absent for so long. But yeah, there is a lot of evidence of varying sources that indicate he will be a new romance option once he finally returns.

Well, what if it could be the same as with Nathema? Vitiate did that too and now that he's dead the world is coming alive again. I believe Charles Boyd said the same was the case for Ziost, so maybe Valkorion's death undid Scourge's condition?

Swtor is part of legends canon, and Emperor doesn't really die for thousands of years yet... But if they're doing yet another parallel universe from Legends (I doubt it) then maybe. It is also possible his power simply weakened instead having to swap bodies again, hence the change in scenery. The ritual he uses in Legends canon for transferring essence isn't exactly easy process and always takes him out of the game for a time.

I'm pretty sure he would have also needed to pour some of his own force into Scourge, if the gift would seize existing the minute he is unable to maintain himself. But since we don't really know how the gift/curse was produced, it's hard to speculate.

From the rumor mill it looks like that is the approach they'll be going for yeah, though with his return now being postponed they may come up with a different solution. Not highly imaginative or elaborate but I can roll with that if it means he'll finally be a romance option, and I've got my headcanon to improve on their version of a 'cure' so it's all good.

Some people have no idea of the difference between reality and a game - many of us love the romances, but they are NOT a replacement/substitute for the real thing (and there are dozens of threads, not to mention the huge amount of "love" threads from both male and female players pro swtor romances), It's no different to romance films/books/fanfiction. Don't mock or poke fun at someone just because you have no concept of why.

Ylliarus* - you are not alone with this request and I'd love to see a Scourge romance too! Also Lunafox will be here any minute. To prove my pro Scourge love-fest point here are some lovely links :D :

Scourge romance thread 1

Scourge romance thread 2

Scourge romance thread 3

Scourge romance thread 4

Scourge romance thread 5

Scourge romance thread 6

Even the Devs got in on it (sort of).

*edited because names are hard! I had to copy and paste yours in this edit as I kept spelling it wrong :o

Edited by Sarova

Swtor is part of legends canon, and Emperor doesn't really die for thousands of years yet... But if they're doing yet another parallel universe from Legends (I doubt it) then maybe. It is also possible his power simply weakened instead having to swap bodies again, hence the change in scenery. The ritual he uses in Legends canon for transferring essence isn't exactly easy process and always takes him out of the game for a time.

I'm pretty sure he would have also needed to pour some of his own force into Scourge, if the gift would seize existing the minute he is unable to maintain himself. But since we don't really know how the gift/curse was produced, it's hard to speculate.

Wait, the Sith Emperor died in chapter 9 of KotET. Initially we didn't know when he would die but with the ending of KotET we know he died at our hands :)

Some people have no idea of the difference between reality and a game - many of us love the romances, but they are NOT a replacement/substitute for the real thing (and there are dozens of threads, not to mention the huge amount of "love" threads from both male and female players pro swtor romances), It's no different to romance films/books/fanfiction. Don't mock or poke fun at someone just because you have no concept of why.

Yillarius - you are not alone with this request and I'd love to see a Scourge romance too! Also Lunafox will be here any minute. To prove my pro Scourge love-fest point here are some lovely links :D :

Scourge romance thread 1

Scourge romance thread 2

Scourge romance thread 3

Scourge romance thread 4

Scourge romance thread 5

Scourge romance thread 6

Even the Devs got in on it (sort of).

This! Of course romances ingame are in no way shape or form a substitute for the real thing, but that doesn't mean we can't love them :)

TBH I found the first post to this thread rather unnecessary, but I guess people like to be meanies!

Agreed and I don't understand why romance topics are singled out for this. I've never seen anyone scandalized about a "let me kill ____" thread, thinking that person must want to murder people in real life or people asking to be able to use a certain force ability thinking they have magical powers in real life or people asking to play as a Wookiee wanting to be a Sasquatch in real life or any other story request or fan thread.

Edited by Nefla

TBH I found the first post to this thread rather unnecessary, but I guess people like to be meanies!

That post was very mean and probably just for the troller to get his troll in. Romance is central to SW and a great part of the game story. I'm pro Scourge romance and I'd be willing to bet my entire millions of in-game credits that he'll be back a) as a main character and b) as another force using romance to even up the lack of force male companions in the game (hint, hint devs - give us what we want in the force-using-male department and we will throw money at you. Note I said money not knickers :D ). I'd bet real money but I spent all mine on that damn Rishi stronghold! :D

Agreed and I don't understand why romance topics are singled out for this. I've never seen anyone scandalized about a "let me kill ____" thread, thinking that person must want to murder people in real life or people asking to be able to use a certain force ability thinking they have magical powers in real life or people asking to play as a Wookiee wanting to be a Sasquatch in real life or any other story request or fan thread.

That sums up all of our pro-romance points and dismisses the haters really well. Although sometimes I wish I had the ability to force choke some people in real life ;)

Edited by Sarova

Wait, the Sith Emperor died in chapter 9 of KotET. Initially we didn't know when he would die but with the ending of KotET we know he died at our hands :)

He is using an ancient ritual of transfer essence that allows him to move his spirit from body to body. If we believe Legends Canon (that swtor is a part of) Emperor is not yet dead and wont be for a long time. They'd have to turn swtor into a non-canon of the already non-canon :p which is possible, sure, but unlikely, since swtor was still following canon before disney stepped in. After that it's gotten a little confusing with Legends.

Edited by Kiesu

You know... it's possible to have romances in real life as well. They even have web sites and apps for that kind of thing. Or so I hear...

That was uncalled for and rather mean. My wife and I have a lot of fun with the romances, it's a big part of the game for us. It doesn't mean you're desperate or lonely, maybe you should apologise.

Some people have no idea of the difference between reality and a game - many of us love the romances, but they are NOT a replacement/substitute for the real thing

This. In the real world, I'm your average weirdo and happily engaged to another weirdo. In SWTOR I'm a bad-assh lightsaber wielding Jedi or Sith, at least on days where I'm not running around with blasters and knives, dating whoever! Ranging from adorkable spy boys to a former mass murderer, a cat-man, a man who's merged with a hive of bugs, many others and soon enough, my beloved Pureblood Sith. Meanwhile my fiance sits by my side rambling on about how much he adores Vette and wishes Shae Vizla was a romance option soooo... yeah. ♥

He is using an ancient ritual of transfer essence that allows him to move his spirit from body to body. If we believe Legends Canon (that swtor is a part of) Emperor is not yet dead and wont be for a long time. They'd have to turn swtor into a non-canon of the already non-canon :p which is possible, sure, but unlikely, since swtor was still following canon before disney stepped in. After that it's gotten a little confusing with Legends.

I think that KotET established Valkorion/Vitiate is dead and that his story is done for :p even Charles Boyd confirmed that Vitiate/Valkorion is dead.

That was uncalled for and rather mean. My wife and I have a lot of fun with the romances, it's a big part of the game for us. It doesn't mean you're desperate or lonely, maybe you should apologise.

Nah, it's not a problem. I really don't need them to apologise :)

That sums up all of our pro-romance points and dismisses the haters really well. Although sometimes I wish I had the ability to force choke some people in real life ;)

Omg same! Or just zapp with Force Lightning, now that would be sweet!

I think that KotET established Valkorion/Vitiate is dead and that his story is done for :p even Charles Boyd confirmed that Vitiate/Valkorion is dead.

Can you link me to the confirmation please? As far as I know it has only been implied in game, but no concrete facts has been laid out. And he certainly wouldn't be the only one who would have been implied dead, but turned back up later ;)

Edited by Kiesu