New PVP Achievements and Rewards

Yeldah_

New PVP Achievements and Rewards:

I suggest that a few new PVP achievements be added to Star Wars the Old Republic (SWTOR). Any player who is able to acquire these achievements would receive rewards in the form of character titles, armor sets, weapons and mounts. I have come up with some examples for you to all ponder/argue/disagree over.

Disclaimer: the following titles are for regular warzones only.

PVP Achievement Titles:

• Character Title: “player name, The Desirable”: Player has taken over 2,500,000 damage in 100 separate matches.

• Character Title: “player name, Galaxy’s Most Wanted”: “Player has taken over 3,000,000 damage in 100 separate matches.

• Character Title: “player name, The Elusive”: player has taken more than 2,000,000 damage in 100 separate matches with 0 deaths.

• Legacy Title: “The Immortal”: player has survived 100 separate matches with 0 deaths while having taken over 3,000,000 damage in each. (Note: 4v4 arena matches do not count for this achievement).

• Legacy Title: “Imperial Executioner”: Imperial player has more than 10 solo kills in a single match.

For this title the legacy will only apply to other imperial characters within that legacy.

• Legacy Title: “Republic Executioner”: Republic player has more than 10 solo kills in a single match.

Similar to the Imperial executioner title, this will only be transferable to other Republic characters within a player’s legacy.

• Character Title: “player name, Pretty and Dangerous”: player has achieved over 5000 damage per second in 100 separate matches.

• Character Title: “Bloodthirsty, player name” player has achieved over 6000 damage per second in 100 separate matches.

• Character Title: “player name, Republic Elite” player has had 500 victory matches. (Note: win count will only apply to matches won after title is introduced. Past match wins will not be counted).

• Character Title: “player name, Imperial Elite” player has had 500 victory matches. (Note: win count will only apply to matches won after title is introduced. Past match wins will not be counted).

• Character Title: “player name, Feared and Respected”: this title is awarded to the player who has taken the most damage in 100 separate matches and also dealt the most damage overall.

• Character Title: “player name, The Saviour”: awarded to players that achieve more than 4000 healing points per second in 50 separate matches with 0 deaths for the entire team. (4v4 arena matches will not be counted for this achievement).

Warzone commendations:

I am aware that these used to exist for PVP gearing purposes. I would advocate that they return for a separate reward system.

Armour Sets: specially designed armour sets that are awarded after completing a specific PVP achievement.

• Example (1): Imperial Veteran armour set: (awarded to Imperial players who have had 500 victory matches with 10 or more deaths in each match).

• Example (2): Republic Patriot armour set: (awarded to Republic players who have had 500 victory matches with 10 or more deaths in each match).

• Example (3): Predator armour set: awarded to players from both factions that have achieved more than 5000 damage per second in 50 matches.

Example (4): Republic Elite armour set: awarded to Republic players with 500 wins.

Example (5): Imperial Elite armour set: awarded to Imperial players with 500 wins.

Weapon sets (main-hand and offhand):

Executioner weapon set: awarded to players with the most killing blows in 100 separate matches.

Commendable weapon set: awarded to the player that has received more than 5 MVP votes in 50 matches.

These are just some examples that I thought of on the spot. I am sure that there is room to expand on this with further titles, armour sets, and mounts.

Edited by Yeldah_

I like them all except this one

Character Title: “player name, Feared and Respected”: this title is awarded to the player who has taken the most damage in 50 separate matches and also received the most number of MVP votes in each match.

MVPs are easy to manipulate and it’s a popularity contest, not an indication of skill. Maybe tweak that one a little and remove the MVP element.

I like them all except this one

MVPs are easy to manipulate and it’s a popularity contest, not an indication of skill. Maybe tweak that one a little and remove the MVP element.

Feedback appreciated Totemdancer. I did not actually include all the ones I thought of (list was getting quite long). I thought people might start to snore if it was too long. There are other ones relating to objectives and protection points that I have not yet included. Do you want to hear them?

Might be good to have some objective achievement rewards for those who don’t death match. Might even encourage people to try and play them.

“It’s mine” or ”You can’t have” or ”Mine, Mine, Mine” - defend node for more than 75% of the match and get 5 solo kills while defending and not losing the node in 100 matches

I’ll let you think of the title for 10 kills

Quarter Back - receive a ball pass in Hutt Ball and pass to a receiver who scores in 100 matches

Full Back - stop the enemy ball carrier from scoring right before the line in 100 matches. (Maybe 20m before)

Medal of Honour - achieve 20 medals in any map 100 times

Edited by Totemdancer

Might be good to have some objective achievement rewards for those who don’t death match. Might even encourage people to try and play them.

Quarter Back - receive a ball pass in Hutt Ball and pass to a receiver who scores in 100 matches

This one sounds good.

The Irrelevant - Player has taken less than 10k damage in 20 more more WZs.

lol.

Sore Loser - player quit 100 matches

It's Not You, It's Me - player quit 100 matches, which his/her team then went on to win

It's Not Me, It's You - player backfilled into 100 matches and then the team won

lol.

Sore Loser - player quit 100 matches

It's Not You, It's Me - player quit 100 matches, which his/her team then went on to win

It's Not Me, It's You - player backfilled into 100 matches and then the team won

That's a great idea, I definitely deserve something for getting added to already started matches due to ******es that quit early as soon as they die. Some similar to your ideas:

War Zone Hero - Player backfilled into 500 matches and the team won!

Total Loser - Pathetic player quit 100 matches!

The Whiny Manchild - Player has been reported 5 or more times for toxicity and insults during ranked matches!

The Wet Noodle - Player won 250 matches as a Lightning Sorcerer!

The Useless Spec - Player won 250 matches as dot spec operative!

Blazing Bolts Bastard - Player won 250 matches as Arsenal Merc!

Edited by Lhancelot

The whole point of adding new achievements and rewards is to give players something to strive for. If any of the achievements seem too easy to acquire please voice your opinion on this. I have tried to think of achievements that would take a considerable amount of effort to achieve.

On a separate note do you think that people would value rare titles or rare armour sets more?

• Character Title: “player name, The Saviour”: awarded to players that achieve more than 4000 healing points per second in 50 separate matches with 0 deaths for the entire team. (4v4 arena matches will not be counted for this achievement).

I personally don’t think the idea of 0 deaths on the entire team is a good idea since you can have one idiot who goes to their node or who gets caught in a bad place, or killed by being pushed off an edge and they make you loose your chance for the achievements to no fault of your own.

I personally don’t think the idea of 0 deaths on the entire team is a good idea since you can have one idiot who goes to their node or who gets caught in a bad place, or killed by being pushed off an edge and they make you loose your chance for the achievements to no fault of your own.

Then you keep trying until you do, it’s not meant to be handed to you on a platter to grind. It’s an achievement for being good enough to not die. The title is designed with healers and tanks in mind,

Edited by Totemdancer

I thought a simple heal per second target would be too easy to achieve; thus we have this.

BioWare hasn't had have time to change meta for how long? Two years? Their only attempt was bringing merc heals down by a few percentage, as far as I remember. And you guys think they are even thinking of introducing such achievements? :rolleyes:

BioWare hasn't had have time to change meta for how long? Two years? Their only attempt was bringing merc heals down by a few percentage, as far as I remember. And you guys think they are even thinking of introducing such achievements? :rolleyes:

The player base has no power over what Bioware does. Bioware will do what it wants regardless of what is deemed best by the players. All we can do is offer suggestions.

Well, if you go through the forums, many people complain about not being able to achieve the current achievements, not to mention new ones.

That is pretty vague merovejec. What current achievements are you talking about that are so difficult to obtain? Most people in game that I have talked to have already acquired all the PVP achievements within their role. I do not know the last time new PVP achievements were added to the game. Thus I am just suggesting that they add new ones which are difficult to get. These are for the players that do PVP and nothing else; not PVE players who are out of their depth.

• 2 months later...
Have they even added achievements for the "new" maps?

Yes and no.

Achievements are the same as the ones from other map types for the new maps.

Browsing through the achievements it is clear that they are out of date for the current patch.