Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

MandFlurry

Just thought i'd ask, as for me i have no reason to play such a stupid thing in my opinion, I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, and it makes me really sick and tired that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

Either it's me quitting the game, or just level my characters without doing anymore so-called story lines. I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.

Edited by MandFlurry

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, I will not be doing 6.0.

I will be keeping an eye on the available info, YouTube, the other sources we can't really discuss here, in case something changes my mind, but as of right now, my characters will all be stopping after Nathema. I'm not even sure if they are going to be taken through 5.10. There's nothing whatsoever about the upcoming story pieces that we have heard that appeal to me.

I have no desire to see my characters lose everything they've worked for and get thrown back into some tired, never-ending war as a lackey to a faction.

I have no desire to lose more companions via them leaving to their old factions, or getting bricked after they've faced kill options.

I don't care about the remaining companion returns because the ones we've received this year have been so terrible, and we'll never see those companions again anyway.

I'm not going to do Ops, PvP or group activities to try to get some new tier of gear.

So yeah, I'd like to keep playing my existing characters up to Nathema, and perhaps replaying some class stories, but unless there's some great news that convinces me otherwise the game is over, story-wise.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Just thought i'd ask, as for me i have no reason to play such a stupid thing in my opinion, I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, and it makes me really sick and tired that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

Either it's me quitting the game, or just level my characters without doing anymore so-called story lines. I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.

I think the writers were bullied into doing an imp vs. pub story line after the can't-think-out-of-the-box types that screamed how much they hated KOTFE and KOTET because it wasn't imp versus pub gave them the royal what-for. The writers are just doing what people screamed the loudest about.

Edited by xordevoreaux

As of right now, I will not be doing 6.0.

I will be keeping an eye on the available info, YouTube, the other sources we can't really discuss here, in case something changes my mind, but as of right now, my characters will all be stopping after Nathema. I'm not even sure if they are going to be taken through 5.10. There's nothing whatsoever about the upcoming story pieces that we have heard that appeal to me.

I have no desire to see my characters lose everything they've worked for and get thrown back into some tired, never-ending war as a lackey to a faction.

I have no desire to lose more companions via them leaving to their old factions, or getting bricked after they've faced kill options.

I don't care about the remaining companion returns because the ones we've received this year have been so terrible, and we'll never see those companions again anyway.

I'm not going to do Ops, PvP or group activities to try to get some new tier of gear.

So yeah, I'd like to keep playing my existing characters up to Nathema, and perhaps replaying some class stories, but unless there's some great news that convinces me otherwise the game is over, story-wise.

I applaud you getting them all past or near Nathema. I'd appreciate a Oricon-esque daily zone with great rep items, dyes and some fun achievements. Anything less or comparable to Iokath's daily zone and I'll probably not touch the new stuff either. It just lost all flavor since they went all out with the killing of likable characters and companions because some people wanted to be sour for years about certain people. I mean, Blizzard has killed off a lot of their great characters as well but this game set itself apart with letting us have an actual personal relationship with so many of them.

I'll keep my eye on it but really, I'm saddened by how much steam they've lost in the past 2 expansions.

I think the writers were bullied into doing an imp vs. pub story line after the can't-think-out-of-the-box types that screamed how much they hated KOTFE and KOTET because it wasn't imp versus pub gave them the royal what-for. The writers are just doing what people screamed the loudest about.

That's what i'm afraid of what might have happened to. I hope we can all have our factions. I "hope we can".

Personally I am stoked about it.

Been playing since launch it hasn’t been emp va republic in a long time.

Most of the base storylines are about In-fighting, emp side especially.

Then it was all about external forces like Kephess and the ever so ongoing battle against the dread masters.

Our first expansion was to fight the Hutts and save Makeb, then it was to Oricon to get back at the dread masters again, even helped save the opposite factions soldier.

Then it was the Revanites and Revan and we completely joined forces for that.

Then there was KOTET and KOTOR

Let’s no forget about Dr. Lokin and all his Rakgouls, I think that was the first update to the base Flashpoints.

In fact aside from boarding party; flashpoints have almost all been against some 3rd external force. Even the Korriban/Tython stuff was really about the revanites and not the war.

So; I would love to see more of the war between the sith and the republic, because there really has not been much of it since launch.

Edited by kirorx

I applaud you getting them all past or near Nathema. I'd appreciate a Oricon-esque daily zone with great rep items, dyes and some fun achievements. Anything less or comparable to Iokath's daily zone and I'll probably not touch the new stuff either. It just lost all flavor since they went all out with the killing of likable characters and companions because some people wanted to be sour for years about certain people. I mean, Blizzard has killed off a lot of their great characters as well but this game set itself apart with letting us have an actual personal relationship with so many of them.

I'll keep my eye on it but really, I'm saddened by how much steam they've lost in the past 2 expansions.

Thank you. :)

Yeah, they spent so much time developing these great companions, and then take them away. It's like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead now, where you can't get attached to anyone because they will just be yanked away.

The irony is that even with the huge body count of companions, some people are *STILL* angling to kill off the remaining few we have because apparently things won't be fair until every single one is dead. It's going to get to the point where Scritchy the rakling is going to be the quest giver because he'll be the only one still alive.

Oh wait, he can be sent away to Rishi, too. :/

I wouldn't mind a new planetary area and a new vendor, but the existing ones aren't very much fun for me because of

all the ninjas, so I don't know that I would spend much time there anyway.

I tend to check out all the story expansion. If they continue with the chapter-format though, I'll likely unsub real fast, still after two years half of my toons have not touched the kotfe since it turned into such a slog after a few playtroughs.

I'm much happier with old Rep v Imp setup than another never-heard-before noname empire jumping out of hyperspace at moments notice to once again threaten the entire galaxy.

Edited by Kiesu

I tend to check out all the story expansion. If they continue with the chapter-format though, I'll likely unsub real fast, still after two years half of my toons have not touched the kotfe since it turned into such a slog after a few playtroughs.

I'm much happier with old Rep v Imp setup than another never-heard-before noname empire jumping out of hyperspace at moments notice to once again threaten the entire galaxy.

They've mentioned that they aren't doing chapters anymore. Charles mentioned that every future story update is planned to be in the style of Shadow of Revan.

Edited by OldVengeance

I mainly returned because i heard empire vs republic is coming back next expansion, i really never enjoyed the whole "lets unite against le common enemy trope" since it makes factions irrelevant and a big part of mmorpg pvp is factions existing and being at war

I have a very similar opinion.

But apparingly there are enough war-lovers out there.

and a big part of mmorpg pvp is factions existing and being at war

In my opinion, that's an dead end in MMOs.

You know the biggest trend / fashion in board gaming in the recent 10 years ?

Cooperative gaming.

Not war gaming.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

FE/ET got me completely disinterested in any new story content in the game. Before FE/ET, solo/story content was a very large portion of my playtime, now it's only a fraction, and only what snippets of old story I can find that I'd missed or skipped at some point.

I've never even played any of KotET at all, I can't get myself to go on with that nonsense.

I suspect the change in direction will be too little, too late, as far as I am concerned. 4.0 and on does not mesh with what came before, and neither carrying on with this randomly tacked on story nor pulling another 4.0, disregarding what came before, will make for a coherent whole. They already screwed up the story. It makes sense if you only play vanilla and up to 3.X or if you only play 4.0 and on, but before and after 4.0 are.. well, I've been trying to eloquently word this, but the best example I can come up with is the Highlander movie franchise.

They could try to pull a Highlander III now, after the Highlander II that was 4.0 and onward, and it may or may not be a relative improvement, but it's never going to make any kind of sense anymore.

Assuming I can jump into it without having to bother with FE/ET, then I will likely give it a try at least once. Meh, I will just keep playing the vanilla stories some more, probably.

Yeah, they spent so much time developing these great companions, and then take them away.

That's for me a main reason why I played KOTFE so far only with 1 character so far. And not even KOTET.

The story itself is great, but should have been an entirely other game, in my opinion, because it just doesn't feel like Star Wars enough for me.

And, besides, most people very firmly believe any Star wars franchise should be about "wars", because it's in the title "Star Wars". But they do forget or are willingly blacking out that the other word in that title is "star".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I can't believe this many people really want another unrealistic and irrational expansion like KOTFE and KOTET where Jedi and Sith hold each others' hands dancing crazy. KOTFE/ET has been anything but Star Wars. It would be OK if it wasn't Star Wars, but never great.

I don't know how many years you guys have been playing this game but I am sick of being called the same thing (the Outlander, Commander) in all my 14 characters. I need variety for my characters. I don't need choices that (don't actually) matter, but I just need to be recognized as a Dark Lord with my inquisitor, and master jedi with my consular. I am bonded with my characters. KOTFE/ET destroyed all that RP varieties. Like I don't feel my 2nd knight is actually a Jedi who meddles with the Dark Side a little to much anymore.

KOTFE/ET story makes no sense as a non-force sensitive. If you have not loughed out loud out of cringe while your smuggler "forged" a blaster pistol on Odessen Forge, it is you who need to broaden your horizons a little. Tertia would never do something stupid like that. She CAN'T be a leader too. She is just a half-time smuggler who takes some jobs from the Republic to get by, sometimes getting in trouble. It is NOT can't-think-out-of-box to say that the game needs to return to Rep. vs. Imp. which is the central of this game's overall story.

I don't know. I was logging in daily and doing the CMD grind on 300 lvl toons, but since you don't progress after 300 you still get the mostly low junk.

Then some tornadoes visited close by last month. Lost power for a while. When it came back a few days later, I had no desire to continue the grind. All MMOs have grinds but some make it "seem" more fun than others. This one isn't.

RL can be a grind why come here and get more grind?

Beta was fun. Everything was new, planets to explore, story to progress, friends to help. Why not have some new, and not Iokath new.

So with the few resourses left to work on 6.0, "I have a bad feeling about this." I won't flat out say now I'm not going to bother with 6.0 but its not that compelling. Since 6.0 is a move back to the more traditional Pub vs Imp, I would have expected the companions that should have come back, would have been back before this 'phase' wraps up.

Maybe I'll wake up in the 1st cut scene of 6.0 to find it was all a dream, I never was a Commander, Iokath doesn't exist and I had hit my head on a bulkhead on my ship and the 1st thing I see is my obnoxious ship droid.

Edited by LeMage

I can't believe this many people really want another unrealistic and irrational expansion like KOTFE and KOTET where Jedi and Sith hold each others' hands dancing crazy.

I have to agree, I was thinking about the coming expansion and hoping that maybe my agent who is a double agent for the republic would finally be able to join the republic based on some big faction choice at the start.

But when i started playing my Sith sorcerer i could not imagine joining the republic, not only it is beneficial for any Sith to stay with the empire due to thestatus force users have but due to the nature of the sith teachings, No jedi would allow a Sith teachings on the republic, you cant work with someone whose the literal opposite in terms of beliefs, even channeling sith lightning requires the use of dark side which is anathema to the Jedi, and the same goes for the Sith even though i dont think they Sith are as threatened by Jedi teachings as the Jedi.

An alliance just doesnt make sense, even if they are forced by their leader temporarily it wont work long term.

I pretty much gave up on the story in KotET. Nothing about the upcoming elements they've talked about or that they've already done makes me think it's going to get any better. I haven't even gotten anyone through Nathema yet as a result. KotET took the things I love about the Star Wars universe and did them so badly that I couldn't take it seriously any longer, basically made the greatest villain of the Old Republic era into a sniveling twit with no planning ability (great VA, though), and brought a laser focus onto the flaws of this game and Bioware writing in general and made it so I couldn't fail to see them and be aggravated by them during replays. Going back to being a servant of a faction at this point now that they've "fixed" it is just the rotten cherry on top. Especially when the entire reason for the war was an abusive idiot who never cared about either side but only his own immortality.

You'd think someone would be smarter than to continue his nonsense now that it's known.

I still enjoy the game through SOR, basically, but the last two years have really dulled my appreciation of the game, and can only play that so long.

I didn't think KOTFE and KOTET made any sense for a non-Force user, and I wish they'd gone with the rumored plan of having eight different stories, or at least more individualization for Force users vs. non-Force users. I also wish they'd gone with the original plan of three seasons, which probably would have given a less convoluted story and better companion returns.

But for me, personally, it was nice to be able to work with/obtain a wider variety of companions and get more nuance.

They've painted themselves into a corner now, though. When your character is the leader of the galaxy there's no place to go but down. They've killed off or written out almost every companion. They killed off 18+ NPCs people might have wanted to see again with Nathema. They destroyed whatever the character might have built up with the Alliance, if that mattered to them. What's even left?

This is what annoys me about the upcoming return to Empire VS Republic. They spent several in-game and real-life years forcing us down the path of creating a new faction -the alliance- to fight against another new faction -the empire of Zakuul. Now all our efforts of creating that alliance is to be flushed down the toilet in order to return us to intergalactic lackey begging one or other faction to let us in. In my opinion, it should be the Empire and Republic seeking out OUR help not us having to go begging to be taken back by idiots who allowed Zakuul to become their overlords. Our Alliance did manage to defeat them BEFORE we took control of the eternal fleet and I'm sure we could remain powerful without it (those of us who pissed off Koth had to manage even without the Gravestone since he stole it).

Even bigger than having to go back begging to a faction is the whole forcing us to team up with a "shiny new npc companion" that we probably don't want. For me this was the worst thing about kotfe/kotet/chiss (Raina Temple was bad enough being forced on my agent; to have her forced on my alliance was pathetic - there should have been an option for her to return to the Chiss rather than force her way into my alliance).

Like you I will be watching to see what is to come and hoping that they pay attention to feedback, like they did for the new PvP stuff and the new stronghold.

Even bigger than having to go back begging to a faction is the whole forcing us to team up with a "shiny new npc companion" that we probably don't want. For me this was the worst thing about kotfe/kotet/chiss (Raina Temple was bad enough being forced on my agent; to have her forced on my alliance was pathetic - there should have been an option for her to return to the Chiss rather than force her way into my alliance).

Like you I will be watching to see what is to come and hoping that they pay attention to feedback, like they did for the new PvP stuff and the new stronghold.

It would be nice if they would take feedback into account and pleasantly surprise us.

I did not mind Raina as a character, but it was ridiculous having to do a level 70 flashpoint with a companion who had zero influence. I really hope they have learned from that. Unless you are an agent you end up wasting all this money and time on gifts for her to bump her influence up and get through the flashpoint quicker, even though you're probably never going to use her or see her in the story again.

I'd much rather that they concentrate on giving more quality time with existing characters than shoveling a bunch of new ones at us. We're supposed to have built up friendships and relationships and alliances. Let us use them.

I'd much rather that they concentrate on giving more quality time with existing characters than shoveling a bunch of new ones at us. We're supposed to have built up friendships and relationships and alliances. Let us use them.

Amen! I'll go further and say they should have and need to extend that to our favourite class companions too. Unfortunately they are shoving new people on us according to the roadmap:

...including a powerful Jedi veteran (not Revan) who will join Republic players on their mission to protect a hidden Jedi base and a deadly commando who will aid Imperial players in their mission to destroy it

If this is a new NPC who is like a quest-giver OR an npc who joins us IN ADDITION to our chosen companion then fair enough, however I suspect they are sticking with the "shove a new companion on us against our will" style. They assured us they were moving away from that :mad:

Until I actually see what it is that is released.. it's pretty hard to say, one way or the other. I'll play it if I like it, and I will not if I simply do not like what I see.

I will however say that I do not follow some studio directed treadmill (not just this MMO.. but every MMO I have played) ... just because that is what they released. I've only ever Played KoTFE and KoTET through with two characters, one on each server. I thought the story arcs were well done... but I'm simply not going to grind one character after another through the same story.

I really don't know why MMO players feel they have to spin on the wheel that is put in the middle of the cage for them. There is plenty to do in this game that does not require following the pre-wired treadmill issued by the studio.

Edited by Andryah

Amen! I'll go further and say they should have and need to extend that to our favourite class companions too. Unfortunately they are shoving new people on us according to the roadmap:

If this is a new NPC who is like a quest-giver OR an npc who joins us IN ADDITION to our chosen companion then fair enough, however I suspect they are sticking with the "shove a new companion on us against our will" style. They assured us they were moving away from that :mad:

Yeah, I meant the class companions and all the LIs, regardless if they're class story or KOTFE-era. :) There are class companions I'm not romancing but I really miss hearing from them, and I certainly want my characters to get more conversations and interactions with their chosen LI.

I agree, as well, that if they intended to give us a new quest giver and have our old companions stick around and still participate in the story in some meaningful way, it would be one thing. If they added a new companion but still let us have our old ones, that's fine with me too. Like Paxton Rall, if we can get him as a companion, hey, great. But as others have mentioned I fear they're just shoving our class and KOTFE companions aside.