Is 80 people on DM Rep fleet @ 7pm normal?

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, do you know if that was the only Fleet Instance? Second, since that was primetime, it's also highly likely most players off elsewhere actually doing things.

One fleet instance.

I guess it’s different from the US servers because at prime time there are 2-3 fleet instances, even for the republic.

A whole bunch of factors could be at play. The fact people are in Strongholds, on Odessen, or actually playing the game. The fact that plenty Europeans actually play on the NA servers so even during EU prime-time you won't see DM quite as full as SF or SS. I also wouldn't classify 7pm as prime-time exactly since many would be getting to dinner around that time, or be cooking, or cleaning off before they settle in for a night of gaming but that's more individual. In any case, hardly something to be concerned about imo.

Yeah, there can be all sorts of factors at play and IMHO Fleet is never a true barometer of game activity.

I mentioned elsewhere that I have taken to buying all of my characters' mods at one time so they don't have to deal with the Fleet more than once until they get to SoR. When I am there I get in and out as fast as possible so I am likely going to be counted in the population number for about 5 minutes.

- You can do almost everything in strongholds or through the activity panel and don't need the Fleet

- The toxic environment keeps people away

- As mentioned, one can also use Odessen or the homeworlds for a lot of things.

I’ve just started playing some characters on DM and after I got off the starting planet tonight at 7pm (UK time), there were only 80 people on the Republic fleet.

Is that normal?

It is summer lol. All swtor servers are mostly dead

- As mentioned, one can also use Odessen or the homeworlds for a lot of things.

Example: training crafting skills.

Sure, there are trainers on the Fleet, but there are also trainers on:

* Dromund Kaas (Kaas City eastern end)

* Coruscant (under the plaza in front of the Senate Tower)

* Nar Shaddaa (lower Promenade)

* Tatooine (mid-north of Anchorhead, east side of Mos Ila)

* Voss (near the Voss-Ka cantina)

* Corellia (inside the spaceport)

* Zakuul (near where you meet Mona Gail (?sp) in Chapter VII)

I'm thinking I've missed a set, but I can't think where they'd be.

I want to say Ilum. There are crafting trainers in one of the orbital stations you go through near endgame, and since I was recently over on Ilum for Gree stuff, I think that's where it is.

The Security Key vendors are also in Ilum's orbital station (that one I know for sure) and on DK and Coruscant.

The only things the Fleet really has at this point that can't be found elsewhere are a handful of vendors (like command tokens, the best gift vendor, DvL, a few decos) and quest givers.

Firstly, do you know if that was the only Fleet Instance? Second, since that was primetime, it's also highly likely most players off elsewhere actually doing things.

I question this too. I've heard these claims in game on the fleet quite a few times and its always from someone who failed to notice the different instances.

Yep... Fleet is very much a last resort for many players these days. It's mainly a hub for the /chat_channel spamming for random group now days.

In some ways, I think it is good that the studio kept expanding other areas over time that can and do serve many of the same features that Fleet did at launch. What amazes me though is the players that continue to use Fleet as their personal metric for a servers activity levels.

Most of my guild doesn't go to the fleet unless they're looking for someone to fill in a ops team, nearly everything you can do on the fleet you can do anywhere else.

Same here. And when we do need to back fill an OPs group.... everyone grouses about who is going to have to go to fleet to spam for backfill.... so we actually most times... /roll for it.. and low roll loses and has to go to Fleet :)

Edited by Andryah

Yep. Unless I need a vendor that's only available on the fleet, I'm either in my SH or Odessen. Or wherever the story takes me but the fleet is a definitely "only if I must".

I can't imagine it's a decent measure stick for those occupied by population numbers.

I spend most of my time in my strongholds either decorating, gtning, or doing something. I only go to fleet if I need to for a vendor or during Rakghoul to explode on people or toss snowballs. This isn't like Vanilla where everyone basically had to be on fleet to get anything accomplished. Now most players can do the same things they did on fleet in other places. When you don't see any population, anywhere, whatsoever, then you can freak out. But seeing not many on fleet? I won't worry about it.

It is summer lol. All swtor servers are mostly dead

That’s not true. As I said, the US servers have 2-3 instances at their 7pm prime time. Are you saying that DM is dead?

My reason for posting was to find out if what I saw was normal. I don’t usually play on DM so I don’t know if it is or not.

Of course it could have been an anomaly or as others have said, people don’t hang out on the fleet on DM. If that’s the case, maybe it’s EU cultural thing.

My point is, I just don’t know and I am trying to find out what the story is. It seems everyone has gotten defensive and making excuses why it’s low or different to the US servers at the moment.

Why can’t anyone simply answer wether it’s normal at the moment or that it was just an anomaly I saw. Why are you all defensive. It’s like I called the server dead, which I didn’t and I’m not implying it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I haven’t been on fleet for ages since I usually chill out in my strongholds but yesterday, around the same time, I went to Republic fleet hoping to find a group for GF op. Yes, it was unusually quiet, I remember it being more active on Friday nights. But keep in mind that the busiest hours on DM are 8 – 10 pm GMT (well, based on my observations).

Lvl 70 PvP pops were okay though.

I don’t go to fleet unless I need a group.

Unfortunately, it's not a good argument. Less people are in game -> less people want to find a group -> less people go to fleet.

Why can’t anyone simply answer wether it’s normal at the moment or that it was just an anomaly I saw. Why are you all defensive. It’s like I called the server dead, which I didn’t and I’m not implying it.

Who is getting defensive? You asked a question and got answers. Why are you now lashing out?

We don't like it when someone implies the Americans are better than us in something. Even if it's just filling the fleet. :D :D :D

On Thursday, 14.6. at central European prime time (evening), there were 53 players on the republic fleet on DM. One instance only! I was so shocked by it that I even posted about it on this board somewhere. I guess I got the same replies as the OP:

No, not true. People are elsewhere. Population is healthy. You surely missed the second - or even third - instance. It's summer. Etc. pp.

Fact is that I have been playing this game since the beginning and 53 during an evening is by far the lowest number I have ever seen on the fleet. And DM is TP, TRE and ToFN combined! We are down to TP-numbers and even lower. At least on rep side. Granted, there are definitely more players on imp side (on fleet and elsewhere).

Imperial fleet on DM has two instances and 114 people in the instance I'm in, and it's offpeak. Republic fleet...looks funny. It claims there's only one instance and 62 people, but if I use the search function, it shows 86 people in total in Republic Fleet (1), Republic Fleet (2) and Republic Fleet (6).

Does anyone have an idea why they're listed like that? :confused:

Unfortunately, it's not a good argument. Less people are in game -> less people want to find a group -> less people go to fleet.

But with the group finder, and with the level of toxicity in the gen chat on Fleet at an all-time high. many people don't bother with the fleet to form a group to start.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero