(Early Question) Upcoming Imp vs Rep story, skip option for KOTFE/KOTET content

Can we please, please, have an option to skip ENTIRE kotet-kotfe content when the new imperial vs republic story comes out? They said they will be returning to the imp rep war, but I have an agent character that created by 70 token and have no completed the two expansions nor ANY story, and I do not want to spend 25 hours of unlimited skytrooper simulator.

Dear BioWare, I love you and that is a great stuff, but can we please have an option to skip this two expansions before starting the imp vs rep story? Also thanks alot for returning to the Empire vs Republic story, I mean kotfe was good too but I think we can ALL agree we love class story.:)

Likewise can we have an option to skip the imp vs pub squabble when 7.0 comes out :D ... assuming we actually make it that far.

Anthem will fail so bad just like ME Andromeda and then EA will be forced to actually start supporting this game and then we will have a golden age for SWTOR. Haha, one can always dream right?

Edited by ShieldProtection

Anthem will fail so bad just like ME Andromeda and then EA will be forced to actually start supporting this game and then we will have an golden age for SWTOR. Haha, one can always dream right?

That or we'll end up losing SWTOR too ... maybe they'll set it as a single player game? Then I can start moding it like crazy!

That or we'll end up losing SWTOR too ... maybe they'll set it as a single player game? Then I can start moding it like crazy!

I think they cannot really shut down SWTOR since there is still people playing it and buying cc and subscriptions. EA have to get income from somewhere and that means create new games or supporting the current ones. Since Andromeda was a disaster and there is already many people saying they will not purchase Anthem, because no one liked Destiny 1-2 and no one will ever like anthem as well.

so I think they will slowly start supporting the SWTOR, putting some funding on the game to see if its still alive or not (which is alive enough to me, and EA have no other options, EA Sports can't carry whole entire company) and then we wlll hopefully have a much better SWTOR.

think about it! faster warzone que, faster updates, more US servers, and more people! Its sounds amazing!! :)

Couple of things:

Regarding all the SWTOR speculation on this thread:

Forbes is asking "How Much Can Electronic Arts Grow By 2019?" Article states "EA is focusing on making the most of its existing franchise titles" and "In addition, we believe that the company’s R&D and SG&A expenditures are likely to be lower going forward, as it focuses on incremental changes to already popular titles." See the Forbes article posted June 9th here.

The statements in the article are general and may not apply to SWTOR in the long run. However if EA is applying this strategy across the board then we will probably be chugging along for a while with "incremental changes" to look forward to.

Then regarding OP's initial request I would like to add this suggestion:

How about an option or token for current or new characters that will take you to level 70 but would allow you to skip past all the original as well as the kotfe/et story but still gives the opportunity to make dark/light, romance, and companion decisions? These decisions could be made in a post-character creation UI. Using the Jedi Knight class for example: Dark or Light Side – check one (this would include kotfe/et choices). Romance Kira/Doc, Cytharat, Lemda Avesta, Lana Beniko, Theron Shan, Koth Vortena – or none. Check the one that applies the result you want to go forward. (This is just an example; I know there are other romance options within the other classes). Kill options in kotfe/et; each choice - choose one. Then anyone who wants to can begin playing beyond kotfe/et without missing out on having their preferred dark/light side and LI/comp choices going forward. A case can be made that this token defeats the purpose of playing the game at all, however the same could be said for OCT/MDETs. Both just facilitate playing the game more flexibly, as would a token that starts characters at the beginning of post-kotet content. :)

I can understand why some want to skip but for those of us that have done it I would like the return tied into our choices we made and make sense for our characters story wise. Not just ignore all of what our charters may have done. While for some it may not be important but for some it is, like me. I don't want to just go to the republic without it making sense for my characters.