Redesign obsolete PvP Chivos

DartEsk

Since most PvP chivos like "Killing blows", "Solo kills" and "Total kills" are completely undoable in current game realities, I propose to redesign these:

Killing Blows - Hotshot finisher, Veteran finisher, Master finisher

from

Made 20 killing blows in X differet matches

to

Made 5 killing blows in X differet matches

Solo kills - Hotshot duelist, Veteran duelist, Master duelist

from

Made 10 solo kills in X differet matches

to

Made a solo kill in X differet matches

Total kills - Hotshot slayer, Veteran slayer, Master slayer

from

Made 55 player kills in X differet matches

to

Made 25 player kills in X differet matches

Best regards,

your loyal customer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most PvP chivos like "Killing blows", "Solo kills" and "Total kills" are completely undoable in current game realities, I propose to redesign these:

from

to

from

to

from

to

Best regards,

your loyal customer.

I think it’s fine to add new PVP achievements that are realistic for the current meta, but the original ones should remain to respect the folks who have been PVPing since the beginning or are determined enough to find a way to do them anyways.

I think it’s fine to add new PVP achievements that are realistic for the current meta, but the original ones should remain to respect the folks who have been PVPing since the beginning or are determined enough to find a way to do them anyways.

Those folks who already did these cheevos using multiboxing or another not so fair way will not lose em :cool:

Those folks who already did these cheevos using multiboxing or another not so fair way will not lose em :cool:

You assume that those who got those achievements are "cheating". Cynical much? I know a guildmate who after YEARS finally got some of those achievements. And when he announced it...EVERYONE in the guild was jealous.

Edited by psandak

You assume that those who got those achievements are "cheating". Cynical much? I know a guildmate who after YEARS finally got some of those achievements. And when he announced it...EVERYONE in the guild was jealous.

Not all. I also have some of them and as you said it took years to get em, this is not the way how it should be.

Not all. I also have some of them and as you said it took years to get em, this is not the way how it should be.

I would say that this is exactly how it should be. BW has an interest in you taking years to get those. It keeps you playing. Achievements is the main thing that keeps some people playing. If you're at 100%... well, ask Merejovic what he has left now. ;)

(As a note: I'm not even close to getting those achievements after all those years.)

I kind of see some of those PvP achievements like some of the NiM Op achievements. Some achievements are just going to be accessible to the top 1% of players and this would not be the only game that does that (my most hated example is the achievement lists for the last couple Dead or Alive games).

I wouldn't consider them "achievements" if every single player in the game could get them easily.

Yeah I agree, people who went thru the trouble to get those acheivments shouldn't have them taken away from them. They earned them. And Just because changes in the state of the game may make older achievements hard to get doesn't mean they didn't earn them in the first place.

Perhaps they could put an a special icon next to those achievements in question to denote that they are harder to get now because of game changes.

Win/Win.

They earned those achievements whether other people can or can't anymore. They are thier's by rights.

That'd be like telling Doctors who have been Doctors for 50 years that they are losing their medical licenses because the curriculum of College Medical training has changed since they went to Medical school.

IMO, it is.

I'm not sure what burden achievements place on the game, but I would prefer it if they removed all percentages from our achievement lists. I get tired of reading arguments from people that claim to be "completionists." Achievements, IMO, should never be 100% complete. There should always be another tier to grind after, at least with some of the more general achievements. Why should I be "done with" Tatooine or Belsavis?

So from my point of view there should be achievements that are unlikely to be earned. I disagree with the notion that "well this guy can't obtain this achievement so we should remove it from the game" unless it's due to a bug within the game (an even that should only require a bug fix).

Some... like Voidstar KBs?

I kind of see some of those PvP achievements like some of the NiM Op achievements. Some achievements are just going to be accessible to the top 1% of players and this would not be the only game that does that (my most hated example is the achievement lists for the last couple Dead or Alive games).

I wouldn't consider them "achievements" if every single player in the game could get them easily.

The difference is people who do NiM actually get the NiM achievements.

IMO, it is.

I'm not sure what burden achievements place on the game, but I would prefer it if they removed all percentages from our achievement lists. I get tired of reading arguments from people that claim to be "completionists." Achievements, IMO, should never be 100% complete. There should always be another tier to grind after, at least with some of the more general achievements. Why should I be "done with" Tatooine or Belsavis?

So from my point of view there should be achievements that are unlikely to be earned. I disagree with the notion that "well this guy can't obtain this achievement so we should remove it from the game" unless it's due to a bug within the game (an even that should only require a bug fix).

I like this idea :) : every achievement should unlock a new achievement to reach for.

Personally, I could care less. If I get an achievement great, if I don't so be it; I have NEVER sought any achievement in ANY game I have EVER played. I understand why they exist, but I do not fall into that category of player. Most of the players I know are either like me or they want specific achievements for the specific rewards they confer, but only a few actively seek to hit that mystical 100% mark.

Yeah I agree, people who went thru the trouble to get those acheivments shouldn't have them taken away from them.

I'm not proposing to remove those, i propose to redesign them to fit current game realities, like they did with healing/damaging pvp chivos.

Edited by DartEsk

The difference is people who do NiM actually get the NiM achievements.

Indeed, no prob to get any NiM chivo, you can just buy them, if you are not enough skillful to raid NiM's.

Edited by DartEsk

should never be 100% complete. There should always be another tier to grind after, at least with some of the more general achievements. Why should I be "done with" Tatooine or Belsavis?

Actually, so far there was only one point of the game where 100% was possible and thats what you can find in my signature. Before that there was always a bug that hindered people to get 100%, now its the same case.

The good thing about an online MMO is the constant Content update (please dont laught, Bioware is really trying), so you always have something new to do. Sure achievements are added to various areas, but there is stuff they can add to "Locations" for example, we never know.

Now to the topic (that keeps on poping up more and more)....

I am for keeping the achievements as they are! Its very much possible to get these and if you want look up the discord channel which is dedicated to get them (cant wait for Rafi to pop in here claiming how we ruin other peoples games) and its working. We have more and more people.

I myself am working on Yavin since its the only one I miss and its easy to do as when you que rep side on Darth Malgus you mostly get cross faction wzs because of lack of reps in que. So its either Odessen, Yavin or an arena. Every match I try and see how far I get. So again, it is possible, you just have to focus it, its an achievement after all, you dont get it by standing around doing nothing! I wouldnt change something, which is still attainable!

Its very much possible to get these and if you want look up the discord channel which is dedicated to get them (cant wait for Rafi to pop in here claiming how we ruin other peoples games) and its working. We have more and more people.

What's the channel?

I'm pretty sure they are impossible in "fair play", especially 10 solo kills. Ofc If you get 16 ppl, made 4 groups and pop the wz for just doing chivos...

Btw, how did you get "Mind your step(Master)" achi?

What's the channel?

I'm pretty sure they are impossible in "fair play", especially 10 solo kills. Ofc If you get 16 ppl, made 4 groups and pop the wz for just doing chivos...

Btw, how did you get "Mind your step(Master)" achi?

Yes, lets not start the "fair play" discussion, its too early in the morning for that. And yes, you are starting to get the picture on how to get those!

As for "Mind your Step" check Bug section I explained it today already to one person.

I agree some of the achievements are dumb. You need some special kind of match/retarded opposition to get 10 solo kills even if you are the best player to have ever played the game. I'd be curious to meet anyone who got the 10 solo kills for - is it 20 matches to get all the cheevos? - in all the warzones without using any kind of pre-planned strategy that goes against the spirit of PVP (multiboxing, farming friends/guildies).

Even the 55 kills and 20 killing blows ones can be pretty rare now with all the healers and DCDs, and people used to farm them in lowbies, which don,t pop all that much anymore. Still, even though I think they are a bit overtuned, I don't really mind them, it's just the 10 solo kills that is really out of place.

The problem is, even IF you get those achievement legitimately, without dual-boxing or teaming with a friend on the opposite side, you are still hurting your team.The person who does 10 Solo Kills in Huttball or chases 55 kills in Odessen? They are purposefully ignoring objectives and might as well be standing afk as far as their team in concerned. No other achievements or objectives are designed to deliberately sabotage other players' experience.

Even back when achievements were added with 2.0. these were way out of whack, but with the level increases, new defensive abilties and added bolster they are COMPLETELY unobtainable through normal play. I have been doing PVP for years, have "I am Death Incarnate" for 50,000 kills and was never, ever able to get even one of those, not to mention doing it 50 times. I inspect other people all the time and normal players never have any of those, ever. The only expection is Voidstar, where 55 kills is possible because the macth can last the full 15 minutes and all fighting cna be concentrated in one small area.

On the other hand, there IS indeed a way to progress all these achievements. Que lowbies with either a friend or your alt account on the other side and have them run at you naked to get killed over and over. I know a lot people who do this all the time and make serious progress on all those achievements. There is still a lot of time and effort involved, no doubt, but in doing those they ignore objectives and deliberately hurt their team, making PVP experience so much worse for other players!

This should be the main reason for Bioware to rebalance those achievements: not even to assist people who need to see the imaginary number go up to 100%, but to prevent them from hurting the overall PVP experience for other players. Adding new ones won't help - as long as those numbers stay the same there will be achievement hunters utterly ruining PVP matches for other people because those achievements are so badly designed.

Lowering those numbers will only improve the PVP meta. Bring it down to 5 Solo Kills, 10 Killing Blows and 30 Total Kills and you're looking at numbers that can be realistically obtained in a competitive match, without requiring the other side to resort to aked suicide. And the upcoming PVP revamp is the perfect time to do it. Come on Bioware, this is a trivial code change, but a right thing to do!

from

to

from

to

from

to

Best regards,

your loyal customer.

Some of those are a bit too small.

Anyone can get 5 killing blows in a WZ, especially if you’re spamming an AOE. (As long as people are actually dying and you don’t have 6 healers in a match ;))

Any pvper can get one solo kill every match. I usually get 2 or 3 just defending or attacking the off node by myself.

I do agree that 10 is a bit high under the current system, but one is ludicrous. Anywhere between 5 and 8 would work.

55 Total kills in this meta won’t happen very often because there are too many healers and tanks, so nothing dies.

But that’s about to change and there will only ever be 1 healer and 1 tank per team. That means there will be a lot more people dying when the change happens. I think you need to wait and see what the change brings.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Some of those are a bit too small.

With that, I agree. Which is why I propose 5 Solo Kills, 10 Killing Blows and 30 Total Kills.

Solo Kills - the current requirements of 10 per match are impossible, plain and simple. Even if you lure one player away and kill them a few times, it won't be long before one of your teammates comes along to throw a heal or attack your target, meaning that it won't count as a solo. With Voidstar, Huttbal, Hypergate and Yavin matches becoming shorter, this one will become totally unreacheable without dual-boxing with a friend or an alt. So what you need is 1 and 3 Solo Kills for one-time achievements and 5 for the one you need to repeat 50 times - it would still be hard, but at least doable before the time runs out.

Killing Blows - getting 20 kills total doesn't even always happen, to achieve 20 Killing Blows in a match you need an opposing team of either clueless monkeys or friends who will suicide on you. But 10 is actually doable on a good DPS in a lowbie match, so it's OK to require 1 and 5 KBs for one-time achievement and 10 for repeatable ones.

Total Kills - with the exception of Voidstar, this may be even harder than Solo Kills. Matches simply don't last long to get that many kills even on a healer because the fighting is spread out on the map. Even the current 40 required for a one-time achievement is extra hard. I've tried forming a group of 8 friends to ignore objectives and just hunt the opposing side - even with us staying alive and them dying like flies only a couple of people per match can hit the 40 mark - and even that is not the indended gameplay. For a regular match, 30 Total Kills is more than enough, with 10 and 20 for one-time achievements.

It's especially egregious when other PVP achievements are downright trivial. Making a hit/heal for 10k requires a single crit even if you're wearing Level 1 gear at 70 because of bolster, while 400,000 total damage/healing is accomplished with just standing in one place and spamming the basic attack/heal. I know there are people who have completed 100% PVP and are proud of it, but even they would agree that these take a LOT more time and effort than even the hardest NiM Ops bosses, which should definitely NOT be the case here.

The one achievement Ive always had trouble with was the 10 killing blows and 10 deaths in the same match;)

I either die 10 times and not kill anything cause they have multple healers or I easily get the killing blows because they aren’t that good. I can never find those matches that have enough balance to do both.

Now, some people would say just kill 10 in the match and then suicide to get the 10 deaths. But that’s not how I play. Maybe it’s ego or something, but I can’t just let someone kill me.

So I’m still waiting to get that achievement.

Honestly, it’s the dumbest achievement in the game and I hope I never get it. ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss