Is it worth coming back?

fantomjchx

Hey, as title says...what do you think guys? I'd like to do some ranked pvp and raiding on Darth Malgus, hows pops on ranked on Darth Malgus now?

U wrote this thread during work time, and expect a fast answer? Did you missed a school day to decide which game to play?

Back to the thread - yes both tr and sr are active on DM (expect for some periods of time).

Is it worth coming back? - No. Char swappers from high elo teams, backfillers, quitters, bot users literally killed both solo ranked and team ranked in this game. A pity but devs aren't doing anything to fight with all these abuses which makes ranked system broken and mostly unlegit. I recommend you to move along.

The way things are handled here I am sure there will be a final server merger.

While it will be called a mega server that will be in name only and then for a while while they run a promotion to get darth Hexid again there will be some activity.

One can only hope that Keith was brought in to shut the game down while focusing on CM sales, as this would suggest everything is going to plan and his been doing an amazing job over the last year.

TR is fine if you're not chasing rating. Ranked Pugs are a crapshoot. - Pops are fairly regular during peak times.

There are plenty of raid groups, but most PuG groups need people with experience. - But if you join a guild you'll be fine.

Population is okay- not vast, but reasonably lively on the weekends and in the evenings.

Regs PvP is a crapshoot as well, but if you make friends with a couple of competent people, you should do okay.

If you like story there's plenty. If you like dailies there are enough to do. Gearing is a bit drawn out - but most solo PVE stuff is doable in mediocre gear. If you PvP a lot, you should get a reasonable gear set in a week or two.

There are a few salty types, some a bit toxic, but most people are pretty mild and reasonable. They'll say hi and bye and GG after a match, but that's mainly down to EU people being somewhat reserved.

RP is a difficult nut to crack. But maybe it's because it's not my thing.

Current PvP season has a little while to run, so if your team can go some, you should be in for some rewards - whatever they turn out to be.

. - game's not what it was, but still kicking feebly. - so don't go investing 1000s of IRL money on stuff in-game.

GL and welcome back

36 views 0 respond in 2,5hours, this game is dead GG

Driving home from work yesterday in a 2000 Toyota Tacoma, I encountered a 2018 Corvette in the lane next to mine. I drove past the Corvette. There's only one conclusion to draw based on all this data:

2000 Toyota Tacomas are faster than 2018 Corvettes. Oh ... and thanks for sharing your findings as well.

Depends on what you want and when you left. If you want new content regularly then you´re gonna have a bad time.

I find this games repeatable content more interesting than new content in ESO or WoW. And I have a great guild and I love my healer sorc (super cool). Also lightsabers and Arcann.

So it really depends. But if you have fun, come back and play :)

(I play on Tulak Hord and operations and hm Flashpoints pop quite often.)

Depends on what you want and when you left. If you want new content regularly then you´re gonna have a bad time.

I find this games repeatable content more interesting than new content in ESO or WoW. And I have a great guild and I love my healer sorc (super cool). Also lightsabers and Arcann.

So it really depends. But if you have fun, come back and play :)

(I play on Tulak Hord and operations and hm Flashpoints pop quite often.)

Whats with ranked on tulak hord? Do u have mat farmers, pug teams, serious teams etc?

I just grouped with 2 players from Tulak Hord yesterday on Star Forge. I didn't even know there was a server called TH.

That being said, I never met anyone from DM. I have no idea about DM. DM sounds dead to me tbh.

SS and SF are thriving with strong populations.

Come to SF or SS, both do ranked and neither are dead.

Yet.

Good luck.

No it's not. It's frustrating and saddening. You're already gone - just stay gone. Bioware clearly doesn't want you back as a customer - they actually don't seem to want anyone as a customer. Their only goal, as of Keith's reign, seems to be making things less and less 'fun' for the customer. Matt's new Operation (GotM) is the only bright spot in the past year...but the other frustrations just aren't worth it. Find a game that actually values its customers...this one doesn't.

36 views 0 respond in 2,5hours, this game is dead GG

Perhaps it's only PvP that's dead. :rolleyes:

I can understand why someone might want to do a little PvP during an RPG, but why bother with all the RPG stuff just to PvP - why not just play Star Wars: Battlegrounds (or some other FPS)?

I can also understand why BW might be more interested in the "story" aspects of an RPG rather than the PvP. Depending upon the relative numbers of PvE players versus PvP players, they may, indeed, not want you back. :)

(Only BW would know.)

In any case, it would only cost, at most, $15 (1 month sub) to find out. :)

(That's cheaper than going to a movie that turns out to be dud.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Hey, as title says...what do you think guys? I'd like to do some ranked pvp and raiding on Darth Malgus, hows pops on ranked on Darth Malgus now?

Why not ask this over in the Darth Malgus forum?

Or was it your intent to put some catnip out for those determined to slather perpetual negatives all over the game and the studio?

From your very limited post, you sound like classic MMO hardcore to me (which is fine) .. so.. why would you come back to an MMO that is much more tuned for the causal players? Or are we back to the catnip thing?

Are you incapable of making a determination for yourself about how the game fits with your preferred playstyle, such that you can only decide based on other peoples opinions? Oh yeah... brings us back to catnip again. :p

Edited by Andryah

Honestly, at this point the game doesn't have a lot going for it.

Ranked pops are not that great. They happen but you won't consider it in any way quick. Raiding is the same way. It's not quick you you could spend a fair amount of time waiting in either case. Try to get in a guild that is like minded it might help but it also might not matter at all.

Overall, the game just isn't in a good place right now. Gamers have left due to a terrible story, a year of nerfs to nearly every character with more to come, a number of lies from bioware be it something as simple as a CXP bonus to the outright lie of server mergers and the complete removal of the west coast servers screwing over all those players as well as APAC players with increased lag. Little to no new content and the content we do get was pretty bad to the point they just wern't worth repeating.

we had some good quality of life additions but that was never going to keep the game in a positive light. At this moment, if you are posting you are likely in game but I can't honestly say bioware isn't doing anything to make it worth coming back to. bioware simply doesn't have the capacity to do the things needed or do them in a timely manner.

Give it a shot but it wont be hard to see what I mean.

I just grouped with 2 players from Tulak Hord yesterday on Star Forge. I didn't even know there was a server called TH.

That being said, I never met anyone from DM. I have no idea about DM. DM sounds dead to me tbh.

SS and SF are thriving with strong populations.

Come to SF or SS, both do ranked and neither are dead.

Yet.

Good luck.

DM is more active in terms ranked than ss and sf (i played on all 3). The problem is dm also has more abusers

To be fair, one cannot know all the names of all the many servers this game has. Oh, wait... ;)

Ontopic: Unless you find an active raiding guild, you won't be overly happy on Loser Malgus server if you intend to run OPs. Same goes for PvP: Without a premade, there's not much fun. Never really has been, but oh well...

Only Preferred and Subscribers are allowed to post on these forums, which suggests you're already back in the game, on some server.

So why the post? If you're already back but are considering a server transfer, you should have posted this on the server forum of the server you're considering transferring to, such as Darth Malgus. You would have gotten more relevant responses there.

Edited by Mournblood

Only Preferred and Subscribers are allowed to post on these forums, which suggests you're already back in the game, on some server.

So why the post? If you're already back but are considering a server transfer, you should have posted this on the server forum of the server you're considering transferring to, such as Darth Malgus. You would have gotten more relevant responses there.

He probably clicked on a referral link. It'll let you post on the forums until next forum maintenance because of the free sub days.

Preferred are not allowed to post on these forums.

Why not ask this over in the Darth Malgus forum?

Or was it your intent to put some catnip out for those determined to slather perpetual negatives all over the game and the studio?

From your very limited post, you sound like classic MMO hardcore to me (which is fine) .. so.. why would you come back to an MMO that is much more tuned for the causal players? Or are we back to the catnip thing?

Are you incapable of making a determination for yourself about how the game fits with your preferred playstyle, such that you can only decide based on other peoples opinions? Oh yeah... brings us back to catnip again. :p

Some cats love catnip while others hardly react to it. :(

Some cats love catnip while others hardly react to it. :(

Heh... true true.

But some of the ones that do react to catnip .. actually put on a pretty good performance of bat-%$^& crazy. You know.. like racing up AND down your favorite set of drapes over and over again with a totally crazed look in their eyes. Hence my choice of metaphor in this case. :D

Perhaps a lazer pointer would have been a better metaphor.. since I have yet to see a cat that won't chase the shiny bright dot moving randomly across the floor. :p

Edited by Andryah