Petition: No NEW Augments. We Just Got New Ones 5 Months Ago...

Talon_strikes

BW this is honestly ridiculous. The 236 augments came out barely 5 months ago, and you released them after mostly nerfing DPS classes thereby pretty much negating any real benefit from the augments. These augments served merely as a credit sink which most people avoided anyway by probably buying credits to buy these augments. 236s have costed millions and millions of credits ever since they released and, with all of this being said, now you want to add MORE new augments?

You seriously can't expect any normal legit player or crafter to afford these. Before I took a break around 5.6 I was lucky enough to sit on a few hundred million credits, and when I came back the vast majority of my balance was eaten away by buying augments for my Sorcerer healing and DPS gear. And these 2 sets of gear are still the ONLY 2 in my possession with full 236 augs! Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

When I told my ranked PvP friends about the new augments, they could not believe you guys are doing this and some have even claimed they may just buy credits to afford them...

Please for the LOVE of GOD do NOT add new augments. They are NOT needed nor are WANTED.

Edited by Talon_strikes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is how else are they going to get you to do the FP again?

So far they have no been interesting enough to just want to play it again. Copera, umbara were neither all that interesting to do over and over for various reasons renging from the terrible story to how bad they avffected people PC's to just not designed well with how many mobs can be crammed into one area and how many more ways can mobs be given the ability to stun, knock back or knockdown (that particular one tells me bioware isn't all that good and designing when thats their go to mechanic)

At the end of the day, better gear tends to get people to do content over and over. They are not capable of having a new tier of gear ready and probably don't want to. Saving that for the so called expansion but augments can be added without throwing to much of a curve ball into the whole mix as well as it can be a huge credit sink.

So to get people interesting in running it more than a handful of times and then dropping it. Augments make sure it gets ran till you get what you want and/or you get the recipes you can sell on the GTN.

A rant presented as a petition. Gee.. that's a new approach. :p

On a more serious note though... why do you care so much? It's not like you HAVE to chase after them, nor are they actually notably more powerful. On a pure value equation basis.... they are not worth the effort or investment to chase in my view. I am wealthy and could buy any amount I want... yet I won't.. because part of being wealthy in an MMO is not buying things that are much more expensive their the value derived from them.

These sorts of things are done in MMOs to keep the min/maxers busy, in my view. :)

Now.. if you were to say that they are of little incremental value vs the cost to acquire them or craft them.. then you and I would be in 100% agreement. Yet others can and will chase a few extra points in stats at any cost.. and frankly I think this is the intended audience.

Edited by Andryah

BW this is honestly ridiculous. The 236 augments came out barely 5 months ago, and you released them after mostly nerfing DPS classes thereby pretty much negating any real benefit from the augments. These augments served merely as a credit sink which most people avoided anyway by probably buying credits to buy these augments. 236s have costed millions and millions of credits ever since they released and, with all of this being said, now you want to add MORE new augments?

You seriously can't expect any normal legit player or crafter to afford these. Before I took a break around 5.6 I was lucky enough to sit on a few hundred million credits, and when I came back the vast majority of my balance was eaten away by buying augments for my Sorcerer healing and DPS gear. And these 2 sets of gear are still the ONLY 2 in my possession with full 236 augs! Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

When I told my ranked PvP friends about the new augments, they could not believe you guys are doing this and some have even claimed they may just buy credits to afford them...

Please for the LOVE of GOD do NOT add new augments. They are NOT needed nor are WANTED.

They are not for casual players like your self and they are only obtained from doing the harder content so if your a casual like you are then it's not going to bother you.

Really? Well lets just make a broad based assumption & paint it for everyone. :rolleyes: No, a legit player can easily get those augments & use them. You don't have to buy them. The mats aren't hard to get. I have a large stash of them. I've never bought the purple mat needed. Only bought the core a few times when they were real cheap on the GTN. I get my mats from Ops & CXP crates. I currently have 2 toons that are almost completely 236 augments, plenty of mats to make more for other toons, and am still sitting on 200m+ credits. Oh & I have NEVER bought credits. I get them from smart gaming. So just because you weren't wise with getting the augments, doesn't mean everyone else was.

Also as Andryah pointed out, stat wise is very minimal. Unless you're doing NiM Ops they didn't help you all that much.

Do you guys hide behind rocks?? This is old news btw. Why are you just now posting about it?? :eek:

ROFL Well I hope they get caught & banned for buying credits if they do. There is NO excuse to buy credits when they're easily made in this game. (Not that there is an excuse to break the TOS anyway.) Also bolster works in Ranked, so you don't have to have the newest augments.

So where is the petition?? All I see is demands & threats.

Edited by CaptRogue

A rant presented as a petition. Gee.. that's a new approach. :p

On a more serious note though... why do you care so much? It's not like you HAVE to chase after them, nor are they actually notably more powerful. On a pure value equation basis.... they are not worth the effort or investment to chase in my view. I am wealthy and could buy any amount I want... yet I won't.. because part of being wealthy in an MMO is not buying things that are much more expensive their the value derived from them.

These sorts of things are done in MMOs to keep the min/maxers busy, in my view. :)

Now.. if you were to say that they are of little incremental value vs the cost to acquire them or craft them.. then you and I would be in 100% agreement. Yet others can and will chase a few extra points in stats at any cost.. and frankly I think this is the intended audience.

While you have a point that no one necessarily has to chase these incremental stat increases, the OP also has a pretty valid point also: in ranked PvP, they matter more than the studio realizes. Especially if they are not going to adjust bolster to account for them, as Eric and Keith have both stated. This means that the PvP community is probably the only one that will see benefit from it, because without proper bolster to account for these upgrades, it is the one part of the game where it will be noticeable if you don't have them. (Edited to add: The Nightmare community won't see much difference from them at all. They are supposedly to help "kill Izax" according to what Keith has said, but guilds had no problem killing him on day 1 or every other day since he was released).

(And, it was just a few patches and months ago that they gave us new ones, that use the same materials to craft and anyone who spent the large amounts of money in the game to craft or buy them and the time/effort to gather the materials for them is really kinda getting hosed here).

So in this case, the petition is the first portion of the title. The rest is why... and yeah, it's a little ranty, but he's not entirely wrong.

Edited by PennyAnn

BW this is honestly ridiculous. The 236 augments came out barely 5 months ago

Generally there seem to be two styles of gear upgrading in MMOs.

There is the release-new-content style of SWTOR, which is generally driven by player complaint of no-new-stuff and being stagnant at best-in-slot. This creates a cycle of whining -> new content -> complaint -> repeat

Then there is the constant upgrade toward too-far-away-to-maximum-upgrade where the gear you have is slowly added to and it slowly evolves in power. Neverwinter Online and Secret World and even cheap MMOs like League of Angels all use this. I find this to actually be better since people are constantly reaching and very few if anyone reaches maximum upgrade. Also there is less need to balance older content because you just let people steamroll it if they've earned their gear upgrade. However it also relies on the devs turning a deaf ear to player complaints about how long or expensive the route is.

As it stands, SWTOR listens to player complaints too much. Hence the current systtem.

Edited by MetrotownSimon

Too late to go back, all that resources, development, hamster feeder, etc is already in place. It's not going to not come out. You can petition all you want but when 95% of the work is done and ready to go, it's still going to be here. Edited by Nightblazer

and am still sitting on 200k+ credits. Oh & I have NEVER bought credits. I get them from smart gaming.

Genuinely asking--did you mean 200m? Because 200k is next to nothing in this game. You can get more than 200k just by doing the dailies once.

What new augments AGAIN? I dont even have the previous "new" ones sheesh. Guess i just wont que PVP anymore since the grind is just gonna be obsolete in half a year with yet a new set of augments. I'm not buying subs to grind endless mods, my free time is limited enough as is. I just want to que for pvp and raid with guild when i get home, ugh Edited by Kiesu

What new augments AGAIN? I dont even have the previous "new" ones sheesh. Guess i just want que PVP anymore since the grind it just gonna be obsolete in half a year with yet a new set of augments. I'm not buying subs to grind endless mods, my free time is limited enough as is. I just want to que for pvp and raid with guild when i get home, ugh

I know, it's totally ridiculous. Most of my friends are simply PvPers and all I'm really interested in in this game is ranked PvP and then playing regs sometimes with my friends - we can't afford this. In PvP these incremental stat increases matter more than BW realizes, as PennyAnn stated earlier, and those of us that don't have an exorbitant amount of credits (like PvPers) don't make the income in order to afford these. We don't play the GTN, we aren't crafters, we don't do prog raiding, and we don't buy cartel items to resell.

Instead of punishing those of us who need this gear for activities such as endgame PvP and PvE and don't do much else, they should actually balance classes and buff the DPS of the classes they nerfed so there is no need for these new augments. We got 236s 5 months ago... WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER TIER RIGHT NOW.

I know, it's totally ridiculous. Most of my friends are simply PvPers and all I'm really interested in in this game is ranked PvP and then playing regs sometimes with my friends - we can't afford this. In PvP these incremental stat increases matter more than BW realizes, as PennyAnn stated earlier, and those of us that don't have an exorbitant amount of credits (like PvPers) don't make the income in order to afford these. We don't play the GTN, we aren't crafters, we don't do prog raiding, and we don't buy cartel items to resell.

Instead of punishing those of us who need this gear for activities such as endgame PvP and PvE and don't do much else, they should actually balance classes and buff the DPS of the classes they nerfed so there is no need for these new augments. We got 236s 5 months ago... WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER TIER RIGHT NOW.

Please stop crying over this people that need them will get the schematics and make them if you do regs and casual stuff you won't require them and for people that do Master mode raids and ranked pvp will get them with no issues.

Also bolster works in Ranked, so you don't have to have the newest augments.

Bolster only goes up to 242, and won't account for these new augments. Basically, you will be at a disadvantage in Ranked and Regs if you don't have these new augments. To claim otherwise is grossly misinformed. So yes, while the OP could have articulated his concerns much more intelligently, he does actually have a point. For many casual players, the schematics will be unattainable and the ones that will eventually be crafted and sold on the GTN will be cost prohibitive. The result will be that these new augments will widen the gear gap in PvP, and serve to discourage newer players from PvPing more than they already are.

While you seem to be fairly callous and unsympathetic about this, less players participating in aspects of this game is not a good thing for anyone, including you. It's just one more straw on the camel's back that contributes to player base attrition. Personally, I think they should wait until 6.0 to release the newer augments to allow more time and opportunity for players to acclimate to the 236 augments (there are still plenty of players who don't have even one character in full 236s). But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Who's making you pay millions for augments.

Anyone can grind augments for free. PVP mats requires time not skill and the PVE mats require again, time not skill.

If you're desperate for that trivial stat boost then you can bend over and pay hundreds of millions to the first crafters but there is nothing that needs those augs.

Just another grind in an mmo. Something that no one should find surprising or wrong.

Please stop crying over this people that need them will get the schematics and make them if you do regs and casual stuff you won't require them and for people that do Master mode raids and ranked pvp will get them with no issues.

Did my point of "my only interest is ranked PvP in this game" fly over your head? The people that do prog raids is like less than 1% of the population and ranked PvP is also a niche community. However, you seem to be missing another point in that it'll matter even in regs. Bolster won't account for it.

I'm making this thread in hopes of stopping BW from doing this because the community has yet to fully acclimate to the 236 augs. They've been overpriced since they came out and they've only been out for 5 months. They should delay this just as they delayed command rank 400 (and then decided not to release it). If they really want to release this then they should push it back to 6.0 at the very least.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I agree with it being too soon for new augments as some more casual players don't yet have the previous ones.

If anything, this would have been the spot for a new tier of gear since we have had this tier for a year. Only a single tier though and not necessary by any means to have even that.

You do however make some rather questionable statements;

These augments served merely as a credit sink which most people avoided anyway by probably buying credits to buy these augments. 236s have costed millions and millions of credits ever since they released and, with all of this being said, now you want to add MORE new augments?

Pure conjecture. Please provide proof that anyone at all bought credits because of this.

Paying for the augments was not necessary, the mats were and are farmable from the content you want the augments for. Many did ofc buy the augs with legit credits as it was faster, I bought my 1st set too.

You seriously can't expect any normal legit player or crafter to afford these.

A normal crafter crafted them for millions (add zeroes for a big crafter) of profit, where on earth do you get that they were hard to afford for a crafter.

Edited by exfell

Genuinely asking--did you mean 200m? Because 200k is next to nothing in this game. You can get more than 200k just by doing the dailies once.

I don't do all dailies once. I want to do something else within this game than collecting money.

I only do the missions I like most, and these are only 7 or so.

But yes, one is able to accumulate 5 million over 3 months - like I did this way.

And now, please laugh at me.

/SIGNED. I also dont see any reason for new augments, and it looks like devs just trying to use augments as a new method of forcing us playing booring content

Nerf skills.

Add new level of Augs to replace the nerf.

Rinse.

Repeat.

A gear grind that leads to no actual progression is now all we have in lieu of REAL CONTENT.

Maintenance Mode confirmed!

All The Best

Exactly what it is lol.

Some of us couldn't scrape up 200k...I know who I need to come to for a loan from now on ;)

ROFL If you can't scrape up 200k, I'll be glad to run some dailies with you & show you how to make YOUR own credits. ;) lol

Quit spending it on all those new clothes too. :p