Additional Companion Gift "Sales" For Different Gift Types

arunav

The recent bug that resulted in cheaper rank 5 companion gifts was really great for crafters and just generally.

The limitation was the cheaper gifts were only of a couple of types. Accordingly, you could only raise the influence of specific companions during that period.

I thought maybe the same "bug" could reappear but for the remaining gift types, so we could max out the companions of our choice (ones who don't prefer Imperial Memorabilia or Cultural Artifacts).

This would also serve as a decent credit sink (well, hopefully, relative to the amount of credits in the economy). I do know many folks were buying gifts for a lot of their characters when the bug occurred, and maybe this did take a notable amount of credits out of the game.

In any case, it would be appreciated, as we could raise our most preferred companions to 50 instead of just the ones that accepted the "bugged" gifts last month.

Thanks for considering this.

Blizz in particular needs some tech to keep occupied with, and all HK models obviously need to operate at peak efficiency. ;)

Edited by arunav

I missed the cheap gifts, though the fact they screwed up vendor prices doesn't surprise me (nice job Bioware - not like writing a script to check if the value in vendor buy price is greater than that in vendor sell price is hard).

Anyways, given how many times they have screwed up gifts (remember the exploit that went on for months at the launch of KotFE?), they should just put all the gifts on all the vendors (not just Imp side) for at or close to the last lowest price.

As it is, those who were not playing and / or prefer to use other companions were not able to take advantage of the lower prices, while those who exploited the G6 gifts or bought cargo bays full of the cheap gifts continue to profit.

If they leave the correct price I *won't* buy, period. Or I'll buy once in a blue moon.

If they offer a sale, even a periodic one, I may spend, and have spent, like 10 million credits.

I think this is what the OP meant but their post was a bit "rambly". A periodic sale is a great idea +1 for this!

I think this is what the OP meant but their post was a bit "rambly". A periodic sale is a great idea +1 for this!

I thought I was being thorough!

Well, rambling or not, yes, that is what I meant. Having the other gift types be lowered in price for a short time occasionally, so we can raise the influence of other companions similar to the ones who preferred Imperial Memorabilia and Cultural Artifacts recently (the rank 5 gifts that were cheap during the recent bug).

I disagree that this isn't a good credit sink, as I don't generally buy many gifts for my companions (the ones that need to be rank 50 are already there). If the option exists to raise them for cheaper, I believe it was 477k per companion to get to rank 50, I will spent a lot of credits. During the "bug" I believe I spent 10 million or more, and would do so again on different companions if it were brought back with other gift types.

Edited by arunav

Honestly.. I would not hold my breath on this... as you will just turn into a full role play of a Smurf.

I did use the bugged sale to cap all my various Shae Vizlas across my characters. Nice perk from a bug, but in no way a justification for bug-pricing the rest of the gifts. The nature of bugs is they are not supposed to be repeated.