can we get more cooler trooper gear.

JayChow

I fully support this - however, there is already some gear in the game that comes pretty close to the clone armor - some helmets even look similar to Rex's phase II helmet.

There is some cool armor that is now only available through the alliance crate grind and I really don't like it due to the RNG factor - you can earn hundreds of crates but still won't get the piece(s) you like due to RNG...

Here is a link to my trooper armor album: https://imgur.com/a/WrOqx

Here is a link to a youtube video with some cool trooper armor you can craft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47VPKMz4Ws.

But yes - more nice looking armor (available without RNG factor and for casual players too) would be highly appreciated by me as well.

As a player who routinely mixes and matches pieces from different sets to skin my Troopers (I have 4 of them) in appearance tabs.... all I can say is...... there is a truck ton of sets you can mix and match from and get just about any trooper appearance you can fantasize.

show some initiative and ingenuity with what is already there, in my view, as the likelihood of them ever doing a trooper set that exactly matches your desires is probably zero. And even if they did.. what you want will not work for other players who have a different "ideal" appearance they desire.

One of the main issues I have with most of the trooper style armour sets are the huge backpacks. So whatever they do, please don't put another cube on their backs.

Yeah.. I detest those backpacks (some of which look like mini-fridges) that are so many trooper chest pieces. Which is why I still use MA-35 chest pieces for several of my appearance tabs for my Troopers. There are also in game drops that mimic the MA-35 as well. It does still have some backpack styling to it, but it's much more compact and unobtrusive and it dyes really well and matches up with other pieces with little issue.

I fully support this - however, there is already some gear in the game that comes pretty close to the clone armor - some helmets even look similar to Rex's phase II helmet.

There is some cool armor that is now only available through the alliance crate grind and I really don't like it due to the RNG factor - you can earn hundreds of crates but still won't get the piece(s) you like due to RNG...

Here is a link to my trooper armor album: https://imgur.com/a/WrOqx

Here is a link to a youtube video with some cool trooper armor you can craft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47VPKMz4Ws.

But yes - more nice looking armor (available without RNG factor and for casual players too) would be highly appreciated by me as well.

Your outfits rock !

I too use the Exalted Trooper variations. This one requires legacy level 20 though.

Otherwise if you're still character level 30-something, Heroics crates may yield the Thermal Boltblaster/Demolisher helmet.

You can probably find Veteran Infantry on the GTN from galactic command crates. No requirement, usually expensive. Also the cartel's Tactical or Energized Infantry.

Perhaps Diatum onslaught helmet, and failing everything else there is the Section Guardian helmet though it requires Champion reputation there.

Anyway it's all in Cawyden's pics, broken down for convenience here, and you can check for similar helmets (various rare war medic loots you may find on the GTN, etc) at the bottom of each Tor Fashion link.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Your outfits rock !

I too use the Exalted Trooper variations. This one requires legacy level 20 though.

Otherwise if you're still character level 30-something, Heroics crates may yield the Thermal Boltblaster/Demolisher helmet.

You can probably find Veteran Infantry on the GTN from galactic command crates. No requirement, usually expensive. Also the cartel's Tactical or Energized Infantry.

Perhaps Diatum onslaught helmet, and failing everything else there is the Section Guardian helmet though it requires Champion reputation there.

Anyway it's all in Cawyden's pics, broken down for convenience here, and you can check for similar helmets (various rare war medic loots you may find on the GTN, etc) at the bottom of each Tor Fashion link.

Thank you! I am glad you like them.

I do understand the OP - I am a huge clone wars series fan and especially love the clone troopers (I even have Rex, Wolffe, Echo and Fives figures from sideshow collectibles on my desk) so I wanted to give my Swtor troopers some similar look.

And I do think it is possible in a way - I created the album today just to show that you can achieve a look close to the clone troopers or at least something that looks nice. And with the exception of two armor sets (the tactical infantry and I think the Remnant Yavin Trooper Armor) they don't have these big back packs. I will see if I can optimize the pictures though - currently you can't see the boots.

And yes, the armor has some level restriction. The armor from the alliance crates can be used starting with level 10, cartel market armor starting level 1 and the crafted armor which looks quite cool too is for higher levels - the xonolite that I use very often starts at level 24 I think. Which is why my "red" trooper in the album has the wrong leg plates on - I have to get to level 24 first to give him the correct pants.

Troopers get some nice armor with the first quest rewards on Ord Mantell - I now check (with every character I play) every armor part that I loot or get as reward even if it is green or blue quality as it looks often quite nice and with the outfit designer the stats aren't important.

For everyone looking for ideas regarding outfits please try the tor fashion site: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/

Not sure if everyone knows it. I found it very inspiring - sometimes you have to see an armor piece in a different combination or with a different dye and suddenly it looks awesome.

But more armor options is always nice - not only for the trooper of course. But for trooper armor as others have already said, without this huge back pack and maybe similar to the clone trooper armor with different paint jobs would be nice.