Killing me softly

rumpol

Nope! As it should be. No mother is going to allow you to kill her child she thinks can be redeemed!

You either have both or they'll all go down together.:rak_06:

Though I guess you could have soared her and she would have left the alliance to never be heard of again, but as shell never matter like that, she may as well have been dead. It's probably more merciful anyway as a woman who lost it all. What's the point of living after that?

Edited by Eshvara

LOL. Do you think mother can admit that you would kill her son and then be in your team? In what world do you live?

The developers, fortunately, did not provide an opportunity for such wild delirium!

Edited by MrJunay

LOL. Do you think mother can admit that you would kill her son and then be in your team? In what world do you live?

The developers, fortunately, did not provide an opportunity for such wild delirium!

The same wild delirium that is killing her daughter and yet she is in your team and you're best buddies?

The same wild delirium that is killing her daughter and yet she is in your team and you're best buddies?

Yes because her daughter and her son were the same right? At the end of kotfe and kotet? Vaylin still wanted to kill Senya no matter what, she was broken as she said. Had Arcann remained that way too, after he got healed or if the healing failed, Senya would have probably helped you. But at least you gave her a chance to try.

Edited by Eshvara

Yes because her daughter and her son were the same right? At the end of kotfe and kotet? Vaylin still wanted to kill Senya no matter what, she was broken as she said. Had Arcann remained that way too, after he got healed or if the healing failed, Senya would have probably helped you. But at least you gave her a chance to try.

Riiiight, so one sibling is broken and beyond redemption and the other is not, just because she feels so. Farfetched, at the very least. Yea the mass murderer can be redeemed, but the psycho cant be bc she's 'broken'. And yet the psycho helps you defeat Valkorion when she is given the chance, proof that redemption was possible. But allright.

Edited by DeVanagloris

Riiiight, so one sibling is broken and beyond redemption and the other is not, just because she feels so. Farfetched, at the very least. Yea the mass murderer can be redeemed, but the psycho cant be bc she's 'broken'. And yet the psycho helps you defeat Valkorion when she is given the chance, proof that redemption was possible. But allright.

It's mass murderer against a Psycho mass murderer. Vaylin in the story could not be reasoned with at all at any time, all she wanted was to kill her mother and then kill you after you killed her mother. She only "helps" killing Valkorion after she died, she had her own grudge against him, she didn't do it for you.

When Senya reached out to her and her son, she did not want to, while her son did. Vaylin shoots help offered at all times. I understand people disliking Arcann, but Vaylin and Arcann were very different. While he was bad, she was a million times worse.

Even in death apparently when she asks you how her mother died, you can reply with something like "she suffered" and she's glad she did... The story proved that she was beyond help and she was.

Edited by Eshvara

*nods* This is probably why I've never been too keen on leaning so hard on "the fourth pillar" in SWTOR. They were never able to present to us the old fashioned Choose Your Own Adventure play we thought we'd get. Instead it often boils down to one of two outcomes and the illusion of choice in your spin wheel selections.

Had they been able to though, I think they probably would've written a story where you could redeem Vaylin or possibly join her. Alas, this falls under budgeting in my mind. The money just wasn't there to give us all the options. Though I'd prefer more story options than an expensive CGI trailer any day of the week. Hint, hint, hint EA/Bioware.:)

Edited by LunaticFringer

Unfortunately, Vaylin is absolutely insane. She is a victim of cruel torture, with a completely broken psyche. We are not given a chance to save her, since only a crowd of psychiatrists and a psychiatric hospital with a very long rehabilitation can save her.

But I would like to save her too, why not?

Such a cheerful family ... Immortal devourer of planets, tyrant, psycho-killer ... And grandfather, locked in a cube.

Hiya peeps,

Is there a way to kill Arcann but not kill Senya? I kinda like Senya but there is no way my Sith would allow Arcann to live but haven't played those expacs enough to know all the get-a-rounds.

With her screwed up mentality you would think that option was available but apparently not for biowares writing.

I mean, arcaan killed his brother. Her other son. Oh well. vaylin tried to kill her and everyone else but oh well. Kill arcaan and somehow thats the last straw for her.

There should have been an option for her to stay and help change things but bioware said no.

Edited by Quraswren

Senya has no trouble working with someone that killed her son. She works with Arcann who murdered Thexan for trying to save their father back when their father was the all beloved god emperor of Zakuul whom as Koth tells you never did anything bad to Zakuul. A beloved ruler whose death would be morned for 5 years.

Arcann commands 5 worlds we know of to be destroyed, Vaylin only ever ordered Voss attacked which was a result of Senya taking Arcann there and never succeeded so her level of psychotic rage is far lower than Arcann's. Meanwhile Vaylin was subjected to a prolonged period of torture where the only thing off the table was death. Arcann didn't feel like his daddy gave him enough respect.

Though despite Arcann's war crimes, murdering his own brother, attempting to murder his father, murdering of the Heralds, working with the Order etc etc. his worthy of redemption because he failed to kill the outlander but Vaylin is forgotten the moment shes killed, while Thexan must have deserved what he got cause she has not once even suggest Arcann did bad.

Senya was badly written and makes no sense, she signed up knowing she would go up against her children and goes on and on about justice must be done. Then Justice be damned its all about redemption for one member of her family while the rest can rot.

his worthy of redemption because he failed to kill the outlander but Vaylin is forgotten the moment shes killed, while Thexan must have deserved what he got cause she has not once even suggest Arcann did bad.

Dat voice tho! /swoon That's what makes him redemption worthy. :p Don't let anyone fool you.

Edited by kodrac

Senya was badly written and makes no sense, she signed up knowing she would go up against her children and goes on and on about justice must be done. Then Justice be damned its all about redemption for one member of her family while the rest can rot.

Do not forget that the KOTET was very much cut back, because action this characters sometimes seem strange and stupid. The fact that Senya saves her son and does absolutely nothing to save her daughter is really strange. Perhaps, in the full version of the KOTET, we would have had a completely different result, and other actions?

Or she just loves only one of her children (not the best).: D