Is there a "Sith Master" title?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah it's Darth. That's the equivalent to Jedi Master.

Even as I posted this I knew there'd be someone like you who'd come and state the obvious :rolleyes: It doesn't matter to me that Darth is the equivalent. You see enemies (on Pub side) and allies (On Imp) called "Sith Master" so give me a single good reason we couldn't be called that? I for one would find it cooler than Darth.

And really. It's just a title. So why not?

Even as I posted this I knew there'd be someone like you who'd come and state the obvious :rolleyes: It doesn't matter to me that Darth is the equivalent. You see enemies (on Pub side) and allies (On Imp) called "Sith Master" so give me a single good reason we couldn't be called that? I for one would find it cooler than Darth.

U mad bro? You asked a question and I answered it. i can't help it you don't like it. No need to get all drama queen on me for it.

Edited by kodrac

U mad bro? You asked a question and I answered it. i can't help it you don't like it. No need to get all drama queen on me for it.

Oh stop it. Why you trying to start a fight here? Where was I all "Drama queen"? All I said was you were stating the obvious. Which you were.

And, no. You did not answer my question. I asked specifically if there was a "Sith Master" title. Not a "Darth" title. See the use of quotes indicated I meant the exact title inside those quotes. You answered "Yeah" and pointed to a totally different title. In what world is that answering my question? Don't bother answering actually, cos honestly I can see where this is going and I'm in too good of a mood for this. Snarky people on these forums just wear me down.

Because during beta people had hissy fits when they didn't get the "Master" title when they played a paranoid schizophrenic lunatic, beyond evil, Jedi and got "General" instead. So everyone has the same title progression unique to each faction now. Lord and Darth for the Imps regardless of how light side or not you might be. Cause Darth "Nice Guy" just sounds so intimidating.

Sith Masters cannon wise were extremely exceptional Sith (Ajunta Pall, Freedon Nadd, Naga Sadow etc). Us mere mortal Outlanders don't qualify.

But perhaps the next patch will add that title to the Cartel Market. /sarcasm off.

Besides SWTOR has a 20 ft. thick corbomite energy barrier between itself, old Star Wars canon and logic.

tl;dr: Darth. Because BW said so.

Edited by Keta

Sith Masters cannon wise were extremely exceptional Sith (Ajunta Pall, Freedon Nadd, Naga Sadow etc). Us mere mortal Outlanders don't qualify.

You've beaten the Emperor and stopped an invasion. I would bet that such an individual would be on par with the ones you mentioned if that deed were canon.

Edited by Sareeph

Where was I all "Drama queen"?

From

state the obvious :rolleyes:

If it was so obvious I wouldn't have answered it. It wasn't snark it was explaining the opposite of jedi master I thought you legit didn't know. Not everyone on here is Star Wars nerd. So sorry...

Probably for the same reason Satele Shan is only a Jedi Master and I am a Barsen'thor and General of the Jedi Army (much more prestige than master). But as others have pointed out, Darth is the top, unless of course you are Emperor's Wrath or Empress (if you take the throne in KOTET). Though sadly, Emperor/Empress is not an available title after you stop Valkorian.

The definition given to Sith Master on wookieepedia is: A Sith Master was any member of the Sith sect who instructed an apprentice in the ways of the dark side of the Force.

So technically Sith Warriors could get this title for converting Jaesa. For Sith Inquisitors it would come a bit later because they never got to complete Ashara's training so it would have to be related to Xalek.

Of course Bioware gave Master and Darth as ultimate and clearly distinctive force user titles. I suppose if they introduced Sith Master, logically the other title would have to become Jedi Master and I think that Jedi players would feel it devaluated the uniqueness of their main title. You don't have a Jedi and Sith Darth either.

So, the Sith Master title is definitely within the Star Wars realm but it may leave Jedi players feeling a bit hung out to dry as the uniqueness of the Master title would be taken away in the context of SWTOR.

You've beaten the Emperor and stopped an invasion. I would bet that such an individual would be on par with the ones you mentioned if that deed were canon.

Nah, if our characters had actually done that it'd would be in the canon, childrens bedtime stories, taught at schools throughout the Republic as a warning (or something) and otherwise known at the time of the Phantom Menace and the like. Nobody has heard of the Eternal Alliance or our characters though. So basically ... FEET was just a bad dream or an indigestion based nightmare. ;)

Still waiting to wake up from it though. :p

Edited by Keta

The definition given to Sith Master on wookieepedia is: A Sith Master was any member of the Sith sect who instructed an apprentice in the ways of the dark side of the Force.

So technically Sith Warriors could get this title for converting Jaesa. For Sith Inquisitors it would come a bit later because they never got to complete Ashara's training so it would have to be related to Xalek.

Of course Bioware gave Master and Darth as ultimate and clearly distinctive force user titles. I suppose if they introduced Sith Master, logically the other title would have to become Jedi Master and I think that Jedi players would feel it devaluated the uniqueness of their main title. You don't have a Jedi and Sith Darth either.

So, the Sith Master title is definitely within the Star Wars realm but it may leave Jedi players feeling a bit hung out to dry as the uniqueness of the Master title would be taken away in the context of SWTOR.

Have to say, I'd also much rather what you said though xD As in having "Jedi Master" instead of simply "Master". I think it would be better. For me at least. I know in my experience when characters have been talking about certain Master Jedi they do say "Jedi Master *name*". Like for example I think (not 100% sure though) that Satele or Theron or someone along those lines says "Jedi Master Oric Traless fell in the temple's defence" during the Tython/Korriban FP's rather than simply "Master Oric Traless". Just seems more.... formal to me.

And as for Sith Master I'd love it because it would be a title to set our obviously uniquely powerful Sith characters apart from a mere "Darth". Although as you said if they added an "Emperor" or "Empress" title that would be just as good.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jedi get the "Master" title for both classes. This person is simply saying they'd like to see the same, which isn't really a bad idea. Yeah, a Sith may be a Lord and a Master. A Sith may be a Darth and a Master. But it's likely for roleplay purposes and in that case they have a fair point. We have Sith Apprentices but no actual Master title.

So yeah, I'll +1 to this. If it's that important to you, you are able to put Master in front of your character's name during creation/rename.

Jedi get the "Master" title for both classes. This person is simply saying they'd like to see the same, which isn't really a bad idea. Yeah, a Sith may be a Lord and a Master. A Sith may be a Darth and a Master. But it's likely for roleplay purposes and in that case they have a fair point. We have Sith Apprentices but no actual Master title.

So yeah, I'll +1 to this. If it's that important to you, you are able to put Master in front of your character's name during creation/rename.

Huh... I've never actually thought of doing that before..

put Master in front of your character's name during creation/rename.

You can't do that it is not allowed in the naming rules.

Naming Rules can be easliy found in the EULA;

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy you will either be assigned a new name, or given the option of changing the name. In addition to this, your account could incur a penalty up to and including account closure.