HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

I returned to the game as an active subscriber During the early chapters of KotFE from a hiatus sometime in-between when you were eligible to get HK-55's backpack speeder, and the HK-55 inspired weapons/armor. I have nearly come to terms with the fact that I will never have him. That I will never be able to attain the last 30 achievement points needed to put his status within my legacy to 100%. That forever my achievements will show this:

1h9WYmg

10 listings all at 100%, with shared in the middle at 92%

But then logging in this evening and I see this:

lXzGPwZ.png

Which is the launcher splash page from this time some 2 years ago (or more?) showing that HK 55 is available to subscribers, which I am. I know that this is not true, that is it's a mistake or bug on your side of things. However for someone whom has been very aware of the fact that I can't have him this false advertising of rewards is incredibly mean. Please fix this, or give us the chance to buy his contract like I did 51. I've got close to 5k cartel coins and I would spend every one of them gladly on that contract. Hell i'll leave MM Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi smoldering craters behind me just to get the last coins needed to pay for him.

Basically long story short:

Stop bullying me and others like me Bioware! Apologise! Furthermore, think up a solution for achievement hunters like myself to make us not loathe the first entry in our list of chievies!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got sooo excited cause I wasn't even aware of the event until it was over, two years ago.

I'd love the chance to play the HK chapter, not to mention get HK55!

Bioware...is it possible to look at bringing it back, even if there is a quest chain or if it's locked behind some sort of requirements?

Maybe the should bring back the subscriber rewards.

Even a bonus chapter which has nothing to do with the current story is some content and makes the

fixing of HK

have some point as he never again appears in the standard story.

In the story, he was destroyed. He requested that his memory not be backed up. Oggy fixing him is not part of the story.

People begged, and complained that they wanted him back, and instead of just putting him on the terminal for everyone, they made him a sub reward, and an alert for those who qualified.

me 2 :( ....this is why i hate mondays... all the stupid stuff that can happen..happen on mondays lol

It actually showed up yesterday (Sunday). :p

Edited by PorsaLindahl

In the story, he was destroyed. He requested that his memory not be backed up. Oggy fixing him is not part of the story.

So fixing him was a dream?

If something happens in game as an alert I take it that it happened in game and is part of the story. If this isn't the case they should make it clear that it was a dream and you never really repaired him, are all the other bonus companions dreams as well and they don't really exist either?

So fixing him was a dream?

If something happens in game as an alert I take it that it happened in game and is part of the story. If this isn't the case they should make it clear that it was a dream and you never really repaired him, are all the other bonus companions dreams as well and they don't really exist either?

Not a dream. A bonus for those that met the requirements to get him back.

Or maybe it is a dream. Those that didn't qualify for him are dreaming that they can get him back permanently without having met the requirements or having to re-do the chapter to get him, then leave and hold the chapter indefinitely to keep him, like Marr and Acina.

Just to be clear. Clicking the picture on the launcher opens up the promotion from 2016. I've copied the Terms and Conditions for those that don't want to go to the Promotion page.

*Terms and Conditions

* To qualify for the Knights of the Fallen Empire Subscriber Rewards, the account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PST//7:59AM GMT on the date listed by the reward. Knights of the Fallen Empire rewards are delivered through in-game mail or mission and are redeemable as of the launch of the monthly chapter(s). Players must have an active Subscription status to unlock 2 Days of Early Access for each Chapter.

*Players must have completed Chapters 1-9 to access their HK-55 Companion. After completing Chapter 9, players will receive an Alliance Alert that will take them on a mission to recruit HK-55.

** To qualify for the HK-55 Bonus Chapter, the account must continuously be in active Subscription status between January 11 - August 1, 2016. Once you qualify and the Bonus Chapter is released, you may enter and play the Bonus Chapter after you complete Chapters 1-16.

* ACCEPTANCE OF END USER ACCESS AND LICENSE AGREEMENT ('EUALA'), PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION, AND ACCOUNT REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO PLAY. MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. ACCOUNT IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. PAID SUBSCRIPTION, VALID AND ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD (IF AVAILABLE) REQUIRED TO ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION GAMEPLAY. PAYMENT METHOD AGE RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. SWTOR ONLINE SERVICE MAY BE DISCONTINUED. SEE EUALA FOR DETAILS. AGREEMENT TO SHARE ACCOUNT INFORMATION WITH LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ('LUCASFILM') IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS GAMEPLAY. GAME INTENDED FOR PLAY ONLY WITHIN NORTH AMERICA, EUROPE AND CERTAIN OTHER TERRITORIES. USE OF CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT. PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE AVAILABLE AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM. ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO PLAY THE GAME APPLY AT ALL TIMES. SUBSCRIPTIONS MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME. SEE http://WWW.SWTOR.COM FOR DETAILS.

So unless you have a time machine, it's not happening.

Edited by PorsaLindahl