Stretched graphics on 3440x1440 monitor Please Help

Spinxster

I have a 3440x1440 100mhz monitor on a Display port cable going to a 1080 Geforce.

I have spent the past 4 hours trying to fix this issue. So far I have tried the following fixes that I found on the forums:

1. Use CRU to set EDID to only show the correct resolution

2. Installed a 3440x1440 monitor driver in windows.

3. All windows settings and nvidia settings are set to 3440x1440 100mhz

4. SWTOR ini files all have the correct resolution, in game resolution also shows 3440x1440.

Have I missed another possible fix? I really want to start playing this game again, but this bug has completely demoralized me.

I'm using a high end display port cable so that I can get 100mhz refresh rate. It's going direct from video card to monitor. Downgrading my cable to HDMI is not worth it just to play one game since I don't have an issue with anything else.

Have you tried setting the game to windowed mode instead of full screen? I had issues with the 21:9 aspect ratio at times, and it bugs out after patch most of the time. I find that if I run the game in window mode I do not end up with the squished screen after a patch.

That being said the 21:9 aspect ratio is awesome not only in this game but many other games.

Have you tried setting the game to windowed mode instead of full screen? I had issues with the 21:9 aspect ratio at times, and it bugs out after patch most of the time. I find that if I run the game in window mode I do not end up with the squished screen after a patch.

That being said the 21:9 aspect ratio is awesome not only in this game but many other games.

Yup, tried windowed, windowed full, and full

Seems like this issue has been around for a while, not sure why SWTOR hasn't adapted to just getting the resolution settings from the desktop like most games :/

I'm using a high end display port cable so that I can get 100mhz refresh rate. It's going direct from video card to monitor. Downgrading my cable to HDMI is not worth it just to play one game since I don't have an issue with anything else.

I recall someone switching to HDMI and it corrected and when they switched back to DP it stayed corrected