Can we save Darth Marr now?

Paulsutherland

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I realise this request may screw over the space time continuum but ... well ... **** it!

What the title says ... Can we go back in time and save Darth Marr? Failing that can we wake up on Darth Marr's destroyer screaming about Zildrog and Zakuul?

Yes. Once you get past chapter 1, you can go back into chapter 1, and then just quit out of chapter 1 once you have Marr as a companion, and can then headcannon whatever you would like.

We cannot go back in time and keep with the "main story" unfortunately, but we an basically keep Marr with us for everything except those chapters.

I would love to turn back time as well. The game lost something when it killed Marr. I really want him back. Please let Kotfeet be a bad dream lol.

I would gladly continue the story where it left off on Ziost lol.

The forced time skip make no sense to any other character except the outlander, what happened to the the rest of the 7 classes during the 5year timeskip? Only one of them can be Outlander anyway, and it's always been suggested the 8 class character co-existed /shrug

When it comes to reviving dead characters however... No. Ded be ded.

Turning up as force ghost makes you 100% dead in every bit of SW lore we know of.

Edited by Kiesu

Yes. Once you get past chapter 1, you can go back into chapter 1, and then just quit out of chapter 1 once you have Marr as a companion, and can then headcannon whatever you would like.

We cannot go back in time and keep with the "main story" unfortunately, but we an basically keep Marr with us for everything except those chapters.

Heh I've done that on most of my characters. Not letting the plot claim him!

I would love to turn back time as well. The game lost something when it killed Marr. I really want him back. Please let Kotfeet be a bad dream lol.

No one can end a expansion like Darth Marr can.

The forced time skip make no sense to any other character except the outlander, what happened to the the rest of the 7 classes during the 5year timeskip? Only one of them can be Outlander anyway, and it's always been suggested the 8 class character co-existed /shrug

Turning up as force ghost makes you 100% dead in every bit of SW lore we know of.

Fine ... We'll go back in time .... uhh ... get a sample of his blood ... then clone him! Then the reign of Darth Marr .2 can begin!

Edited by Paulsutherland

Now I realise this request may screw over the space time continuum but ... well ... **** it!

What the title says ... Can we go back in time and save Darth Marr? Failing that can we wake up on Darth Marr's destroyer screaming about Zildrog and Zakuul?

I'd be down with the second option.

Going back in time would be a good way to reset things, imo. There's even a canon precedent to that with infinities - one small change screwing up a lot - and a dedicated scifi trope.

Ideally you'd want to put it just before The Hunt as by that point it doesn't really matter what you do different. After Ziost, but before the Eternal Empire invasion. Making it about Marr would be good...for empire or empire aligned players. We would want different stakes for pubs.

Other moments in time that might be interesting to explore would be Yavin IV - instead of fighting the Revanites, leave them to get stuck there along with Vitiate's ghost. It'd be a hard sell to make to the factions, but the Revanites can't actually reincarnate Vitiate without someone fighting them, right?

Better yet, I'd like to see them turn back the clock to the original Nathema ritual before the Empire became consolidated under Vitiate. This would be a good way to bring back Scourge too. You'd have players exploring a very different version of DK, undercover [alien PCs will raise a lot of questions] and attempting to convince the Dark Lords involved in the ritual that this is a bad idea. Then, suppose they succeed, the ritual doesn't go through, Vitiate gets killed in his bathtub or something...and now the major problem is an empire that doesn't have one all-powerful leader to steer its course, where the Dark Council is a lot less civilized, and while there's been no Great Galactic War or Sacking of Coruscant, instead there's been skirmishes for hundreds of years and the Jedi have been purged again. Thus, the Alliance has to reset it again and let time take its course - with Vitiate as the lesser evil.

Maybe time travel is something Dr. Hutt and Sana-Rae can whip up between them.

Edited by Ardrossan

Going back in time would be a good way to reset things, imo. There's even a canon precedent to that with infinities - one small change screwing up a lot - and a dedicated scifi trope.

Ideally you'd want to put it just before The Hunt as by that point it doesn't really matter what you do different. After Ziost, but before the Eternal Empire invasion. Making it about Marr would be good...for empire or empire aligned players. We would want different stakes for pubs.

Other moments in time that might be interesting to explore would be Yavin IV - instead of fighting the Revanites, leave them to get stuck there along with Vitiate's ghost. It'd be a hard sell to make to the factions, but the Revanites can't actually reincarnate Vitiate without someone fighting them, right?

Better yet, I'd like to see them turn back the clock to the original Nathema ritual before the Empire became consolidated under Vitiate. This would be a good way to bring back Scourge too. You'd have players exploring a very different version of DK, undercover [alien PCs will raise a lot of questions] and attempting to convince the Dark Lords involved in the ritual that this is a bad idea. Then, suppose they succeed, the ritual doesn't go through, Vitiate gets killed in his bathtub or something...and now the major problem is an empire that doesn't have one all-powerful leader to steer its course, where the Dark Council is a lot less civilized, and while there's been no Great Galactic War or Sacking of Coruscant, instead there's been skirmishes for hundreds of years and the Jedi have been purged again. Thus, the Alliance has to reset it again and let time take its course - with Vitiate as the lesser evil.

Maybe time travel is something Dr. Hutt and Sana-Rae can whip up between them.

Please... tell me you're joking.

Edited by FlameYOL

Iirc, I once posted the same desire for kotfe/(et?) to just be a dream; but I like your version of waking up screaming better. :D

:sy_blaster::sy_blaster::sy_blaster:

Well, if I remember correctly, the only person that says that Darth Marr is dead is Marr himself.

However, there is nothing to say that he wasn't lying about that and when we see him he is, in fact, just a Force Projection that he is doing while still encased in carbonite on Zakuul.

Please... tell me you're joking.

Seems like a good idea to me, why not?

As others have said, kotfe/et was a piece of crap and the "it was all a terrible nightmare" sounds like a much better idea, however they end up there, than rolling with whatever BW has cooked up to continue this craptastic story in 6.0.

I had the impression who ever the other classes might have been, they either din't exist or now they are dead. I may be misreading clues given in game, but meeting Vette implied to my the SW was dead. But anyone of them, really, since they all give that, "I'm with you to the end speech". Yet here they are, serving the Outlander.

As others have said, kotfe/et was a piece of crap and the "it was all a terrible nightmare" sounds like a much better idea, however they end up there, than rolling with whatever BW has cooked up to continue this craptastic story in 6.0.

I can struggle through a bad story as long as it's over when it's over. The Knights leave my chars with a ton of generic companions I never asked for, turn my favorite companions into ventriloquists, even change the weapons/gameplay style of some, and make them just as unimportant for the story as the other random dudes that fill my companion list, and make it hard to even find the ones I want. (And no, forever having a flashing companion alert icon is no option.)

I have no problem with the story per se. The Valkorion plot works for me with a non-force user, eventually we learn that it was always Valkorion who used the force when it seemed we did, and the grand finale happens in our heads, where everything we see is just how our brain interpretes the struggle.

I do have a problem with the initial motivation in the prologue, though. Marr inviting the force users to the hunt is fine. The agent is already far-fetched, Marr doesn't know that the agent acquired immunity to mind control. The hunter is an ally but still an outsider and his talents and connections are useless here. Even more so for the trooper - there are already enough loyal(!) soldiers on the ship. And the smuggler... I mean... come on... the smuggler?

Personally, I hope 6.0 will let us skip the Knights for good and never mention them again. They don't need to pull a "bad dream" card, just move on with the story and allow us to get rid of those companions we don't want. (In the end, most of them joined the alliance, not you, and the alliance served its purpose and can now be disbanded.) Let us use the companions we want on the missions, and if you need a fixed companion to tell story in cutscenes let them follow us and our companion.

And for the love of Kephess: This is an RPG not an adventure, we chose a class background when we made that character, so use that background in conversations, and let us act accordingly. 1/4 of the classes are stealthers so either don't spawn trash mobs that attack despite of us being in stealth, or even better add a stealther's plot to figure out how they detect you. Also, when you feel the need to add gadgets to the fight so every class can believably stand a chance against the boss, then there is something wrong with the boss.

Edited by Mubrak

Could 6.0 just start right after Ziost and play like for a year or two after that? And then KotFE is just being moved forward in the "playing order timeline"? That means that chronologically 6.0 would be before 4.0 and 5.0? The carbonite break would then just be 3 instead of 5 years. That shouldn't be a problem. Zakuul could have surely invaded the galaxy in a shorter time.

The only difficulty would be about companions. But if they simply deactivate the KotFE & co. companions for the story parts of 6.0, that could easily be avoided. I mean, if you can walk around with Darth Marr right now, why can my smuggler not run around with Vette during 6.0 times - except during story instances? The planets are the same anyway outside of instances.

I would really like to play in the time right after Ziost. Maybe we could hunt for the Emperor as a main plot, but because he is Valkorion at this time, we simply don't find him and then have to face some other stuff - maybe class related? :)

Darth Marr, Theron and Lana could still be main NPCs. We could get back Jakarro. Maybe get an explanation why he wasn't there anymore during KotFE. Lots of possibilities and at the same time the KotFE part of the game wouldn't get crushed, because it will happen - in the future.

I had the impression who ever the other classes might have been, they either din't exist or now they are dead. I may be misreading clues given in game, but meeting Vette implied to my the SW was dead. But anyone of them, really, since they all give that, "I'm with you to the end speech". Yet here they are, serving the Outlander.

Did they? I must have missed these hints completely. How did Vette imply SW was dead? Simply swapping masters isn't something I'd call an obvious hint that the previous one is dead. People usually want to live their life for themselves than for someone else, I was frankly surprised nobody has left sooner.

During the Class stories it was always implied the other classes co-existed during that timeline. Other Class characters are referenced by titles in the other Class stories, especially during the third chapters.

Edited by Kiesu

The eight classes all do exist in the same continuum but there's only one hero of SOR and one Outlander. There are a few places where they cross streams. Vette (Sith Warrior) and Risha (smuggler) worked together and mention each other. Doc (Jedi Knight) knows Kailyo (Agent) and she makes a cameo in the JK story. Doc mentions that the Hutt he treated, Nemro, was "killed by some bounty hunter," and that (can) happen in the Bounty Hunter's story.

The bios for the various companions in KOTFE usually say that they were working with (whatever class) until they suddenly disappeared. A few companions also mention that the class character vanished. So the implication is that the other 7 classes who are not the Outlander are either MIA or KIA depending on how one wants to interpret it.

As for retconning KOTFE and KOTET, while I agree that the story was not the best (I wish we could have seen the original three seasons), I loathe when writers take the easy way out by saying it was all a dream or never happened. It would also cause the following damage:

- Nobody liked losing their companions when KOTFE started. Retconning it would remove other companions people love and also remove the established romances with the four new LIs. It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for someone to get engaged to Lana or Theron at the end of Nathema and then find out whoops, that relationship just went poof.

- If it's retconned to the end of Ziost it means that Vitiate is still around. And he's just eaten a planet so he's not going anywhere fast, and the plot would probably have to involve stopping him in some way. I'd rather see a rabid porg as the next super villain before we go back to fighting with an Emperor who just won't die.

I loved KOTFE/KOTET as a matter of fact. And would prefer not to add a convoluted and unneeded thing such as time travel to Star Wars or the lazy way of "it was all a dream".

The other classes are not dead, unless you headcanon then to be. They have disappeared and so their former companions went back into their lives, of course if you're playing one of those classes there is an explanation as to what happened but it's pretty much up to you to describe in your headcanon what happened to the other classes.

I do have a problem with the initial motivation in the prologue, though. Marr inviting the force users to the hunt is fine. The agent is already far-fetched, Marr doesn't know that the agent acquired immunity to mind control. The hunter is an ally but still an outsider and his talents and connections are useless here. Even more so for the trooper - there are already enough loyal(!) soldiers on the ship. And the smuggler... I mean... come on... the smuggler?

Well you did helped him in the end of Shadow of Revan, plus there's your involvement at Ziost. Regardless of the class you're an ally to be had, you've proven yourself resources, plus you're the protagonist.

And for the love of Kephess: This is an RPG not an adventure, we chose a class background when we made that character, so use that background in conversations, and let us act accordingly. 1/4 of the classes are stealthers so either don't spawn trash mobs that attack despite of us being in stealth, or even better add a stealther's plot to figure out how they detect you. Also, when you feel the need to add gadgets to the fight so every class can believably stand a chance against the boss, then there is something wrong with the boss.

I completely agree with this, as much as I loved KOTFE story wise it was a pain for every group of Skytroopers that spawned to be able to detect me. I'm glad they got rid of that with KOTET post-KOTET content. I'm fine with the special mechanics, but I think that master mode is poorly tuned, but alas that is a topic for another thread.

As for retconning KOTFE and KOTET, while I agree that the story was not the best (I wish we could have seen the original three seasons), I loathe when writers take the easy way out by saying it was all a dream or never happened. It would also cause the following damage:

- Nobody liked losing their companions when KOTFE started. Retconning it would remove other companions people love and also remove the established romances with the four new LIs. It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for someone to get engaged to Lana or Theron at the end of Nathema and then find out whoops, that relationship just went poof.

- If it's retconned to the end of Ziost it means that Vitiate is still around. And he's just eaten a planet so he's not going anywhere fast, and the plot would probably have to involve stopping him in some way. I'd rather see a rabid porg as the next super villain before we go back to fighting with an Emperor who just won't die.

This. I think retconning KOTFE and KOTET out of existence would create more trouble than its worth, regardless of whether or not you like it. That story is now done and we're moving to Imp VS Pub again.

Edited by FlameYOL

okay okay okay ....

What if we find Darth Marr's body and clone him ... then we do not need time travel! :D

Do we even have the technology to clone someone yet? We are WAYS away in the past from Kaminoans introducing cloning to the Republic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any evidence having cloning capacities at this time in the universe. Even the clone looking fellows in Directive 7 were actually droids, not clones.

Do we even have the technology to clone someone yet? We are WAYS away in the past from Kaminoans introducing cloning to the Republic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any evidence having cloning capacities at this time in the universe. Even the clone looking fellows in Directive 7 were actually droids, not clones.

Mako is a implied to be a clone of her 'sister' and the others. So yes, cloning technology does exist.