So, as a PvP player, to hit the Conquest cap by the end of the week, I need to do...

Loadsamonie

...somewhere between 150-200 Warzones and GSF matches a week to meet my 15k Conquest requirements.

After doing the PvP dailies and weeklies for six days straight (roughly 30 matches on Tuesday and 10 matches a day after that), mixed in with some heroics and 3 Master FP's, I only have roughly 6,000 Conquest to my name for the entire week.

Just...wow.

Edited by Loadsamonie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...somewhere between 150-200 Warzones and GSF matches a week to meet my 15k Conquest requirements.

After doing the PvP dailies and weeklies for six days straight (roughly 30 matches on Tuesday and 10 matches a day after that), mixed in with some heroics and 3 Master FP's, I only have roughly 6,000 Conquest to my name for the entire week.

Just...wow.

I commend you for your dedication to prove to the devs what a complete mess they got themselves (and by association, us) into. This is complete rubbish.

This is ridiculous. I actually had a guildie last night tell me "oh its not that bad". I asked him how many toons did he cap, he said "about 3". I then asked him how many did he cap last time Nar Shaddaa heroics counted for conquest (before 5.8), he said "about 20". I replied with "oh yeah thats not bad at all.... (insert extreme sarcasm font here)".

Easier huh? :p

I mean, I'll still do my PvP dailies just for the UC's, but...yeah. There's not gonna be any filling out weekly Conquest with Warzones anymore, unless you literally run dozens of them a day. And considering I get 6-7fps in Warzones (and still can't figure out how to optimize it better, Radeon HD 5570, AMD Athlon 64 X2), it's hard to play the slideshow for extended periods of time.

Just...wow.

At least with the Conquest revamp, we're all screwed equally, no matter what activities we enjoy in the game.

I play solo PvE content, and well, I didn't bother this week after seeing the measly amount of points I got for one Nar Shaddaa heroic and the Rampage.

I don't have time to, and I don't even WANT to play every day. Sure, sometimes I play all day on Sat/Sun, but that doesn't help me now after 5.8.

I'm not going to bother with Conquest until they fix it so I can actually get it done on one character in one or two sittings.

Edit: To clarify, I gave up this week because I had problems finding activities I wanted to do that would have given enough points in an amount of time I was prepared to spend on it.

Edited by Rheshalea

I'm solo PvE and I got 1245 points total after a week LMAO.

Before the change I'm around 15k~18k out of 20k, now I didn't bother with CQ and the reward is stupidly waste of time!

I used to get 50-100k on one of PvP characters, and 20-50k on another, if I had the time, under the old system. Just from PvP and doing FP weeklies. This week: ZERO points across the board for all 37 of my characters. Just couldn't be bothered. :rolleyes:

I used to get 50-100k on one of PvP characters, and 20-50k on another, if I had the time, under the old system. Just from PvP and doing FP weeklies. This week: ZERO points across the board for all 37 of my characters. Just couldn't be bothered. :rolleyes:

I play 2-3 hours a day now, and apparently that's not enough to meet the weekly Conquest requirements on a single toon.

Why, Bioware?

Why, Bioware?

They explained why... They made conquest more appealing for smaller guilds to compete, it's exciting™ now!

By gimping the entire queue system (PVP, GSF, FPs) across the board and removing flexibility from conquest as well as making conquest gained legacy restricted this somehow helps smaller guilds.

In some other dimension this makes sense I am sure of it.

The people claiming conquest has been changed for the better have not addressed the fact people queue less and play alts less now, they pretend this phenomenon doesn't exist as conquest stands now... So does Eric and Co.

I've gotten my tiny guild on the board many times, with just 2 to 5 people participating at a time. My personal record is completing conquest goals on 50 characters in one week.

Now we don't need to finish on the board anymore... and yet I've not completed a single conquest goal since the changes. It's just not viable anymore. The amount of work required is not in proportion with the rewards. It's just not worth bothering with.

I've gotten my tiny guild on the board many times, with just 2 to 5 people participating at a time. My personal record is completing conquest goals on 50 characters in one week.

Now we don't need to finish on the board anymore... and yet I've not completed a single conquest goal since the changes. It's just not viable anymore. The amount of work required is not in proportion with the rewards. It's just not worth bothering with.

I don't want to work 40 hours a week for a 25k credit chip and some worthless scrap.

Just...wow.

I feel your pain pal. I also noticed that since new changes were implemented, I as a pvp player have never reached the needed 15k points even though i play regs, tr and sr. Devs spited on pvp so much that there barely left any serious pvp in swtor.

INCOMPETENCE. Just this and nothing more. It seems conquest is closed for us forever

Just...wow.

That's only 20-30 a day.

Only 5-7 hours a day - if you balance fast arenas with long waits for pops. so 28-35 hours a week.

And the reward is some scrap, a mat you rarely use, decos and schematics you already have dozens of and 25K credits. - for what is basically an additional full time job. - And remember about the rewards for wins v losses.

All the time competing for a planet that some 500-person guild has poured 1000s of mats into competing for and amassed 2M points.

It can only be deliberate, since "The only winning move is not to play."

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I don't want to work 40 hours a week for a 25k credit chip and some worthless scrap.

They said that they are going to make new crates of mats (for augments) rewards for doing conquest. However, the problem is that pvp players wont be able to get these crates since it is almost unreal to get 15 k by doing pvp.

Devs, can you shut down this game and pass your license to a better gaming company???? All you do is screwing up

They explained why... They made conquest more appealing for smaller guilds to compete, it's exciting™ now!

By gimping the entire queue system (PVP, GSF, FPs) across the board and removing flexibility from conquest as well as making conquest gained legacy restricted this somehow helps smaller guilds.

The people claiming conquest has been changed for the better have not addressed the fact people queue less and play alts less now, they pretend this phenomenon doesn't exist as conquest stands now... So does Eric and Co.

If this isn't the truth...I just don't get it...

Just...wow.

In a similar situation. I tried really hard this week because people said to give it a chance, but by Sunday it was obvious I wasn’t even going to get 8000 of my personal goal, so I gave up trying.

5.9 changes are supposed to address this, but I’m still worried they won’t be enough.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Because they are idiots.

It is the ONLY logical answer.

All The Best

It's intentional. THAT is the logical answer. They have given the appearance of "trying something new" and they have an excuse now for the decline in subs and activity. This change has had exactly the effect they want it to have...less people playing.

If you want to get conquest done you must play content you don't like instead of using ur small time after work/university to play what you like, ISNT IT EXCITING?™

We don't care that most of you are casual players who has families, jobs, studying, and that you don't poses much time to combine playing what you like and don't like, isn't it exciiiting??™™

Go buy some shinnies from CM while we screw up the game again ™ ©™

Edited by omaan

This is exactly the point ^^^^^^. Each week there are a couple of big point things that you only get once per legacy. Small guilds have 3 active legacies, big guilds have hundreds. So ALL the points go to the big guilds. With the old system the small guilds could put more work in with the alts, now that alts are no longer a part of conquest - forget about small guilds.

If you want to get conquest done you must play content you don't like instead of using ur small time after work/university to play what you like, ISNT IT EXCITING?™

We don't care that most of you are casual players who has families, jobs, studying, and that you you don't poses much time to combine playing what you like and don't like, isn't it exciiiting??™™

Go buy some shinnies from gtn while we screw up the game again ™ ©™

Preach it! It's so fun!

It's intentional. THAT is the logical answer. They have given the appearance of "trying something new" and they have an excuse now for the decline in subs and activity. This change has had exactly the effect they want it to have...less people playing.

Your right about that.