Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

*places a "do NOT touch* sign around Arcann's neck, giving a very nasty look to Dusk. :p *

:D So suspicious, never fear I'm a one Arcann sentient :p. Any other's will simply be spoilt rotten ;) (and possibly taught some quirky habits/tricks -Evil-). Regardless, he'd have something to say on the subject I expect ;).

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

:D So suspicious, never fear I'm a one Arcann sentient :p. Any other's will simply be spoilt rotten ;) (and possibly taught some quirky habits/tricks -Evil-). Regardless, he'd have something to say on the subject I expect ;).

Mh.... you will be held responsible for anything that happens! And punished accordingly!!

@Seireeni:

Well the format is closer to live action roleplaying game. You can usually not choose your character in these cases as the entire intrigues are already written before. I am fine with it as I am used to it too. By the way the game master knows me, she had not given me something I cannot handle. ;)

I see two advantages of not knowing who is behind the characters. First of all, it is more immersive as we can only imagine the character and not the player behind it. Second, it allows us to dare more things, I think. A lot in the game is about manipulating the other people into doing what we want. And there is as well the romance part. In both situations, I believe that we dare say and try more things by not knowing who we are nasty (or the opposite) with. :p

Well the format is closer to live action roleplaying game. You can usually not choose your character in these cases as the entire intrigues are already written before. I am fine with it as I am used to it too. By the way the game master knows me, she had not given me something I cannot handle. ;)

I see two advantages of not knowing who is behind the characters. First of all, it is more immersive as we can only imagine the character and not the player behind it. Second, it allows us to dare more things, I think. A lot in the game is about manipulating the other people into doing what we want. And there is as well the romance part. In both situations, I believe that we dare say and try more things by not knowing who we are nasty (or the opposite) with. :p

Ah! I haven't had the chance to try LARPing, but a friend of mine did tell me about her experience, and now that you mention it, it does sound similar. :) I agree that it probably adds immersion when you don't know who you're playing with, and likely also allows you to dare more if you're sure everyone in the group is comfortable with (around) the same thing. Thinking about myself and my RP friends here, we i.e. have some people who are fine with playing any aspect of, ahem, romance, some who'd prefer little to no details when it comes to things of sexual nature, and those who'd prefer to stay away from anything related to it. ^^' I'd be scared to write anything if I knew I might be writing to someone who's not comfortable with it.

But I guess that's something the game master could take into account?

Edited by Seireeni

Ah! I haven't had the chance to try LARPing, but a friend of mine did tell me about her experience, and now that you mention it, it does sound similar. :) I agree that it probably adds immersion when you don't know who you're playing with, and likely also allows you to dare more if you're sure everyone in the group is comfortable with (around) the same thing. Thinking about myself and my RP friends here, we i.e. have some people who are fine with playing any aspect of, ahem, romance, some who'd prefer little to no details when it comes to things of sexual nature, and those who'd prefer to stay away from anything related to it. ^^' I'd be scared to write anything if I knew I might be writing to someone who's not comfortable with it.

But I guess that's something the game master could take into account?

Ahah, well... There is actually no issue of the kind in this romance. These characters are skilled in writing things... differently. I think that the most outrageous thing I wrote so far was:

There is a flame that only seeks to flourish again under expert gestures. Not a mere candle but embers that, with one breath, can give birth to a fire which will alternately warm and soothe the sorrow of the one who maintain it, or devour him without pity, until he calls for mercy.

(Not sure again of the translation...)

See, not what we could call outrageous. And totally clear for "him" in the context it was put in. :p

There is one thing, they are lovers, she's married (even if the husband does not cares that she has lovers as long as nobody else knows, question of honour, you know...), they can't send each other things that are too explicit anyway, it is too risky. Especially for her as, in that period, men do pretty much what they want but women are supposed to be vertuous (not that it really changed...).

And it is the game master who wrote us the reunion scene with a few indications on each part on how our characters globally behaved. She did it beautifully and the scene is crystal clear (and includes much more than just sex) without being explicit at all.

But anyway, yes, the game master knows all of the players well. She knows what she can give to whom. I know that she gave me that character, not for the romance part, but because it is a manipulating character. And she handles things how they come. If someone had not been comfortable, she would have seen it (she receives every single letter the players send).

Ahah, well... There is actually no issue of the kind in this romance. These characters are skilled in writing things... differently. I think that the most outrageous thing I wrote so far was:

There is a flame that only seeks to flourish again under expert gestures. Not a mere candle but embers that, with one breath, can give birth to a fire which will alternately warm and soothe the sorrow of the one who maintain it, or devour him without pity, until he calls for mercy.

(Not sure again of the translation...)

See, not what we could call outrageous. And totally clear for "him" in the context it was put in. :p

There is one thing, they are lovers, she's married (even if the husband does not cares that she has lovers as long as nobody else knows, question of honour, you know...), they can't send each other things that are too explicit anyway, it is too risky. Especially for her as, in that period, men do pretty much what they want but women are supposed to be vertuous (not that it really changed...).

And it is the game master who wrote us the reunion scene with a few indications on each part on how our characters globally behaved. She did it beautifully and the scene is crystal clear (and includes much more than just sex) without being explicit at all.

But anyway, yes, the game master knows all of the players well. She knows what she can give to whom. I know that she gave me that character, not for the romance part, but because it is a manipulating character. And she handles things how they come. If someone had not been comfortable, she would have seen it (she receives every single letter the players send).

Well then, this sounds like a very interesting form of RPing. :) I can see the appeal in the manipulation aspect -- I've played in some forum mafias. If you're not familiar with mafia games, werewolf games or anything of the sort, players are secretly given characters, some of whom are villains (part of mafia, pack of werewolves, whatever is the best for the game's setting) and most of whom are part of town (or whatever fits the setting). During the night (usually lasts a day or two IRL), villains kill one of the townsfolk. During day (lasts a little longer than the night period) town is allowed vote out one player, while villains try to not get voted out and vote out town instead. There's usually some roles with special powers to complicate things, but manipulating your fellow players is often the key to winning, especially if you're part of the bad guys -- and I enjoyed that part of those games. :D

Double XP starting so I used the referral code again, yay 7 days sub. It's so frustrating when you want to talk about Arcann but this forum is blocked.

Can't wait to finish my final command rank character so that I could replay KOTFE on my SW again.... Emperor Arcann's big d*ck energy. <3

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, sorry for you Dusk. Hope you finally found some sleep...

aww thanks :o No such luck, I'll look at it as an opportunity for more potentially flawed levelling (but lets face it that isn't entirely new for me -looks guiltily at my AltWarrior- I'm an embarrassment to my Wrath :D I just get so easily distracted when my heads iffy (or you know, the winds blowing :rolleyes:).

-Sighs- Is it better or worse to walk into things constantly as an Agent to a Sith? Thats how people find things right XD.

I should probably limit my forum use for the moment; Sleep(/overtired?) posting is as bad as my drunk posting (worse considering I don't really drink ><) and considerably more ramble-y :D. Bbbbbut that would be a non sleep-deprived brain move.

Hope your 18th century letter writing sabbatical was excellent :)

Oh yes, thanks! Half of my brain is still there. I'll start compiling all letters written by the players soon to make a complete collection for us players to read. But I guess some of us were a bit disappointed in the end because the main male character (played by a woman!) kind of seduced us all. 😉

Now the other half of my brain is in the viking age as I am on holidays in Norway and currently at a half historical / half metal music festival.

Star Wars will come back later, I can't even think about my fiction yet. 🤔

So, I was thinking about how my dark side-corrupted, anger-fueled and driven-by-vengeance SW feels now that all her nemeses are vanquished and the dust has settled down. She's only just beginning to realise how empty life is without a certain tyrant and how she really felt about him, although she would never admit to it. She can't help what goes on in her dreams though, and I felt compelled to express that in a silly music video (my very first attempt at making a video fan tribute!). Here you go, Hive, I hope you like it!

Spoiler warning: Obviously, the video in the link below contains spoilerific content from the chapters and Arcann's romance

Wow! I know literally nothing about making videos, but I really did like this one! :) Though I did find the first 10 seconds somewhat hilarious, this creepy DS sith just...pondering about life and not being able to fall asleep? That's not what you expect to see a sith lord doing. :D

Wow! I know literally nothing about making videos, but I really did like this one! :) Though I did find the first 10 seconds somewhat hilarious, this creepy DS sith just...pondering about life and not being able to fall asleep? That's not what you expect to see a sith lord doing. :D

Thanks so much! I'm really happy you liked it :D It was meant to be funny, so I'm glad that worked too :o

I killed Arcann on my SW because it really was what she would have done, but afterwards I found it hard to relate to her. Her story just became so dark that it was difficult to find it enjoyable. The video helped me get back into her character by showing a softer, more vulnerable side of her personality, but also by placing her in a comic situation :) On a more serious note, I imagine that the Outlander (pretty much regardless of class) is the type of person who needs to constantly be striving for something or battling someone in order to have a meaningful existence. I think that's the case for most larger-than-life, hero/villain characters. Like how superheroes need supervillains to fight in order to feel complete :)

That is a nice video. :-) It made me remember the only one I had done years ago on Star Wars Galaxies. :-) It is a lot of work!

So how is the Hive doing? I have a hard time coming back to Star Wars and my writing while still writing in french (I needed to write a proper epilogue for my character of my epistolary LARP, not that I expect anyone to understand :p).

Currently as well finishing Life Is Strange Before the Storm. This game is so emotionally immersive...

• 2 weeks later...
That is a nice video. :-) It made me remember the only one I had done years ago on Star Wars Galaxies. :-) It is a lot of work!

So how is the Hive doing? I have a hard time coming back to Star Wars and my writing while still writing in french (I needed to write a proper epilogue for my character of my epistolary LARP, not that I expect anyone to understand :p).

Currently as well finishing Life Is Strange Before the Storm. This game is so emotionally immersive...

Thanks! :) Currently working on a more serious video tribute for Arcann. It's pretty time consuming, but a fun way to spend the time in between game updates, especially since I can't seem to write fanfiction.

Life is Strange is amazing! I think it's a great examples of how powerful storytelling can be in games.

So, are you guys excited about the new roadmap? Do you think our redeemed tyrant will get some love? I saw a few people asking to marry him in the livestream comments. I want that too, eventually, but I'm hoping for a few more talks first so the relationship will feel more developed.

So, are you guys excited about the new roadmap? Do you think our redeemed tyrant will get some love? I saw a few people asking to marry him in the livestream comments. I want that too, eventually, but I'm hoping for a few more talks first so the relationship will feel more developed.

Not really actually... :(

I hope there will be someday, but i'd like for the relationship to have more time before that, i think it's too soon right now, but that'd be better than nothing.

I hope for other LIs to have some spotlight too.

Edited by Goreshaga