Lunafox Rishi House

Lunafox

I do agree with this. While I understand the Cartel Market gives them a lot of money one of the things I appreciate about Nathema is how often it drops decorations, and how cool they are. I hope they keep doing this type of reward-system for decorations.

Yeah, I wish other areas of the game dropped deco as easy as Nathema.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've spent 185 million just on decos alone, just since the Rishi house dropped. :( At this rate I'm going to be in the poor house soon.

Honestly, I wish there was a better decoration system. Too many decorations are just stupid rare or non existent in games. This leaves players with very little choice, and makes a lot of strongholds look the same, iif they haven't been abandoned due to lack of decos. Plus, not a lot of people can afford the typical 10-20M PER DECO from the GTN. The devs need to make a collection system for them, or treat them like the do for guilds.

I would love it if they gave us a collections system but if they would rather, just let us do like we do for guilds, it would still generate credits .

I would love it if they gave us a collections system but if they would rather, just let us do like we do for guilds, it would still generate credits .

I'd prefer a collections system too, but if they did do it like guilds, that would be a great credit sink for the game.

I'd prefer a collections system too, but if they did do it like guilds, that would be a great credit sink for the game.

I'd be fine with it as well. It's a good credit sink and allows the players to properly decorate their stronghold without relying too much on packs and GTN.

I just hit the deco limit wall. I'm totally capped out, but I still have one big open area section to decorate, so now I'm going back through trying to find stuff to remove :(. I wish Rishi had like 100 more total deco count. In fact, I wish the devs sold deco count expansions in the cartel market for us so that we can make the strongholds that we truly envision.

I was actually surprised when I hit 100% on Rishi. I too could have used probably another 100 hooks. I haven't gone back and removed anything yet but I'm sure I probably can to get some hooks back.

Well, I have to concede on that Zen business a little bit, I know it gets frustrating when the hooks don't do what you want them to do, even after days of trying. I should say for the most part, it's relaxing, but it's true, that it's not without its challenges as well. :D That sounds exciting what you mentioned about a competition for the guild, was it to decide who would decorate it?

I despise WoW with the flaming passion of a thousand suns, it was the one game I could never get into, I think my highest level was like...25 lol. But the cycles and even tuning some of the quests to be done at that time is very cool when I played in Age of Conan. :D

Yeah. I can be somewhat of a perfectionist at times too. Not sure if I have it just right...etc...

Yes, first place got a large amount of credits & to decorate the guild Rishi Pub SH.

What?! lol I LOVED WoW. In fact I couldn't stand SWTOR when it came out. I was a beta player. But I had to work the weekend I got a beta access so my then BF (now Hubby) used my account & beta'd it for me. He loved it.

Spring after it was released he was playing it as we had quit WoW. I didn't join it till like a month or more after he'd been playing it.

SWTOR could learn a TON from Blizz on some aspects.

The achievements there actually meant something more than here. The rarity of getting pets. It all was just WAY better than this IMO. lol Alas but that was in the past. It may be crap now as I haven't played it in almost 6yrs.

I'd be fine with it as well. It's a good credit sink and allows the players to properly decorate their stronghold without relying too much on packs and GTN.

The only way I can see this ever happening is if it was more like how CM unlocks work - meaning you could either use credits or Cartel Coins - like Stronghold rooms.

That would keep the the Cartel Coins flowing (making Bioware's accountants happy), possibly even more than they are now because you could choose between spending credits or cash on the exact item you want (assuming you already have it), but you'd also create a huge credit sink by doing this. It couldn't be an account unlock either, it would have to be per item, each item, being unlocked.

Look at what Holocron just spent - he shuffled 185 million credits around to other players - imagine if those credits were actually removed from the game entirely...or rather than spending 185 million of imaginary money, imagine if he would have been able to unlock those decos for $2-10 each instead...I don't know about most players, but I would rather hold on to my 25 million of pretend money and spend $20 of real money...real money is easier for me to replace than in-game imaginary money is.

The only way I can see this ever happening is if it was more like how CM unlocks work - meaning you could either use credits or Cartel Coins - like Stronghold rooms.

That would keep the the Cartel Coins flowing (making Bioware's accountants happy), possibly even more than they are now because you could choose between spending credits or cash on the exact item you want (assuming you already have it), but you'd also create a huge credit sink by doing this. It couldn't be an account unlock either, it would have to be per item, each item, being unlocked.

Look at what Holocron just spent - he shuffled 185 million credits around to other players - imagine if those credits were actually removed from the game entirely...or rather than spending 185 million of imaginary money, imagine if he would have been able to unlock those decos for $2-10 each instead...I don't know about most players, but I would rather hold on to my 25 million of pretend money and spend $20 of real money...real money is easier for me to replace than in-game imaginary money is.

I'd like to add to this too. CONVENIENCE is a huge motivating factor behind spending real life money on decorations. When I'm in the throws of decoing, I don't want to stop and go and try and track down where it comes from, or pray that one is for sale on the GTN. I would be perfectly willing to just instantly buy the deco I need with cartel coins, and then I would very likely unlock more copies if there were a collection system for them. The current severe deco scarcity from the ultimate packs, does not drive pack sales in my opinion.

I'd like to add to this too. CONVENIENCE is a huge motivating factor behind spending real life money on decorations. When I'm in the throws of decoing, I don't want to stop and go and try and track down where it comes from, or pray that one is for sale on the GTN. I would be perfectly willing to just instantly buy the deco I need with cartel coins, and then I would very likely unlock more copies if there were a collection system for them. The current severe deco scarcity from the ultimate packs, does not drive pack sales in my opinion.

Completely agree. When I was re-decorating my Kass City apartment it was frustrating how most of the decorations I wanted weren't available either through packs or even in the GTN.

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

I have spent more $ on "real decorations" in the past few days, than I have EVER spent on anything else in this game...likely more than I've spent on anything else combined...you guys all suck...pressuring me, basically forcing me, to buy more than basic metal chairs, meat trees and junker lights...CURSE THIS THREAD LUNA!!!

:D welcome to the decorator's madness. Once you start you won't be able to stop!

What decos are you buying Tux?? lol

I am with you. I had 230mil. Bought the stronghold all unlocks. Got my creds back up to 230m. Bought stuff. Think I went back up, but two purchases over the past few days have dropped me down to 196mil... :eek::( And I still need more decos.

Not to mention that place is just overwhelming. So much...I've worked 2 rooms in the Carrier. Placed the PvP arena. Worked in my sun room, and staging room. Started work on the main room in the apartment & placed some random technoligical decos on the huge starship hooks out in the distance...am at 3% I believe.... *head desk* LOL

This is taking more time than Manaan as I can't just get one theme going.

The facts that you dropped to under 200 million cracked me up so much! :D:D The poorness! How did you manage? :p You are right about Rishi being overwhelming in size. I'm decorating mine in small stages otherwise nothing would get done in real life if I tried to get it all decorated in one go.

Here is what I started. I started it last night and discovered I need more of those decoration p.

https://imgur.com/a/gsUOeKf

I love those rugs! I need more of them but so far I’ve only had one cartel cert drop from a CM pack (boooo). I'm also considering buying another pack of those sith decorations.

Yeah, I wish other areas of the game dropped deco as easy as Nathema.

Me too. If there are ever no Nathema decorations on the GTN on Darth Marr, it’s because I bought them all :D

Also agree. There are a number of art and other small decorations that are far more accessible from the CM then from the GTN and I find it far too easy to just think "one of those would be nice there" when decorating and the money is spent to get it from the CM instantly. SWTOR devs have got me and they know it!

Someone mentioned lighting earlier - one great thing about Rishi is the light switches and master light switch. Good job for adding that devs!

I don't know what it is about this stupid house that makes me "want" to decorate the damn thing...I haven't had that desire with any other house yet, so I'm still gonna blame Luna for starting this thread and piquing my interest. ;)

Do you have any idea how hard it is to resist the urge to discard 4 strongholds in order to buy Rishi?

I blame all of you for keeping this thread on top. :p

Here are some shots from my reactor room cantina on the PTS: https://imgur.com/a/bmH1amU

Edited by Mubrak

I haven't even bothered to open this stronghold up on my personal stronghold list, it's just too darn big to deal with individually. So rather than spend hundreds of millions on opening up and decorating it for myself, I donated some funds and we opened it up as the guild stronghold and it's amazing! So much easier to just donate 100 copies of whatever instead of having to buy those copies off the GTN. I'll get some pictures later today, but the first PvP area is a pretty sweet battle scene playing out with tanks and a turret.

Here is what I started. I started it last night and discovered I need more of those decoration p.

https://imgur.com/a/gsUOeKf

Wow! It looks beautiful :D I reckon that there will be a need for many of those decos. I'm just glad that they're relatively cooperative about what sort of hooks they need. I figured the contrast would be really stunning and it is. As expected it really looks like a temple. <3

Wow! It looks beautiful :D I reckon that there will be a need for many of those decos. I'm just glad that they're relatively cooperative about what sort of hooks they need. I figured the contrast would be really stunning and it is. As expected it really looks like a temple. <3

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the walls until I worked on them. I transform the room into these walls and I can recall when people said it was going to look the same, hahah not now.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to resist the urge to discard 4 strongholds in order to buy Rishi?

Here are some shots from my reactor room cantina on the PTS: https://imgur.com/a/bmH1amU

Let me just tell you that you are really missing out. It is hands down the most "worth it" stronghold out there. I didn't know that I would love this stronghold as much as I do. The additions they did during testing have put it over the top. And while the decorating can be daunting, the end result is great fulfillment.

Edited by Holocron

Yeah. I can be somewhat of a perfectionist at times too. Not sure if I have it just right...etc...

Yes, first place got a large amount of credits & to decorate the guild Rishi Pub SH.

What?! lol I LOVED WoW. In fact I couldn't stand SWTOR when it came out. I was a beta player. But I had to work the weekend I got a beta access so my then BF (now Hubby) used my account & beta'd it for me. He loved it.

Spring after it was released he was playing it as we had quit WoW. I didn't join it till like a month or more after he'd been playing it.

SWTOR could learn a TON from Blizz on some aspects.

The achievements there actually meant something more than here. The rarity of getting pets. It all was just WAY better than this IMO. lol Alas but that was in the past. It may be crap now as I haven't played it in almost 6yrs.

That's a really neat idea to award a lot of credits and the chance to decorate the SH. Very cool! :)

I think for me, what I didn't like about WoW, was that it seemed really overwhelming because there was so much, it's such a vast game and I'd get lost easy, because I have zero sense of direction in games, until I get to know them really well. I don't particularly love the look of it either, though my blood elf was very pretty.

I loved swtor because it was manageable in bite sized pieces; you go to a world and the quests are very clear on what you're to do and where to go and you do the class and planet stuff and then you move on to the next. With WoW I didn't really feel like there was any sort of guide so that you'd know what and where you were supposed to do. It just wasn't to my liking. Swtor could learn from a lot of games honestly, especially Age of Conan and LOTR.

It just goes to show that just because something is popular and widely accepted, doesn't mean it's for everyone.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the walls until I worked on them. I transform the room into these walls and I can recall when people said it was going to look the same, hahah not now.

It's brilliant! ^^

I just wish like you said before (I think it was you) that it would be so much nicer if there was an unlock system so we could replicate stuff like they do for guilds. :)

It's brilliant! ^^

I just wish like you said before (I think it was you) that it would be so much nicer if there was an unlock system so we could replicate stuff like they do for guilds. :)

Yes that would be great. I have fun with our guild stronghold since I can copy (for the most part-still some you can't) how many we need.

I am already going to redo our sith one now lol

Edited by casirabit

OMG I do get it...I had Nar Shadaa and Manaan as my only two "decorated" SHs...I actually worked hard on both of those and wasn't going to touch either...until the other night >.<...while it was dark I snuck into my Manaan SH and started salvaging several items I really wanted for Rishi...it made me sick to salvage so much, but once I started, I couldn't stop...RISHI MUST COME FIRST...

Your cantina looks great too!

Edited by TUXs