Armed Resistance Command Pack Decorations Review

Xina_LA

I usually buy one or two hypercrates, but not this time. I finally gave up on the packs.

I will post a full review if and when I'm able to obtain the decorations from the GTN.

If you have comments and tips about the latest decorations, please reply and let us know.

Here's what I can say so far --

What's Good

* We have some new lights. I'm not sure if they actually illuminate the area. Hopefully they do. The fan light looks particularly interesting.

* We have one new personnel and it's very impressive. It fits in a Floor Medium and a Small hook. I'm not sure why it doesn't fit in a Medium Narrow.

* Apparently, the Control Console: Tyth actually talks when you click on it. It sounds like he's saying, "My fuel boils, I rage, I destroy!" Interactive decos are awesome!

What's Bad

* Despite many threads requesting more hook flexibility, it appears that only one of the new decorations fits in more than one hook. It's really disappointing that we can't put the blue light on a ceiling or a fan on the wall.

* Two of the items require a Centerpiece hook. We already have far more Centerpiece decorations than hooks to put them in, even with the addition of the Manaan stronghold. Also, Centerpiece decorations take up a lot of space but not a lot of hooks. If you're trying to reach 100% without cluttering up your stronghold, it's better to break a Centerpiece hook down and make your own arrangements.

* One of the items requires a Starship hook. Same comments as Centerpiece items. 9 new decorations and 3 require rare hooks... ouch!

* Basic lights are Silver rarity and uncommon in the GTN. Selling at over a million credits each, you can't decorate all those Manaan small wall hooks with green light bars. Simple items should be Bronze and common.

Here is a preview of all the new pieces. As we've seen in the last several packs, only half the decorations listed as part of a pack actually drop from it. I had really hoped they'd fix that by now.

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/source/cartel-market/packs/command-packs/armed-resistance-pack/

Do you have any of the new pieces? What do you think?

Edited by Xina_LA

Here's what I've seen so far --

* Control Console: Tyth -- It's a lot smaller than it looks in the preview. It only fits in a Floor Large hook, so the console is stranded out in the open. It doesn't have a fancy back so it really needs to go against a wall, but there's no way to accomplish this. On the plus side, it has three different things it says, one selected randomly when you click it.

* Heavy Skytrooper: Alliance -- It fits in a Small or Medium Floor hook, but not a Medium Narrow. On the plus side, it looks amazing!

* Hex Light: Blue -- It glows but doesn't give off illumination. It only fits in a Wall Medium hook, not Wall Large or Ceiling. On the plus side, it's a very nice looking piece.

* Iokath Battery Pack -- It has an intense electrical animation and sound. It's unique and quite useful. I only wish the sound wasn't so loud and didn't carry so far, as the electrical crackle tends to drown out other sounds.

* Iokath Fan Light -- It only fits in a Ceiling hook, which is a shame since it would make an amazing wall fan. On the plus side, it gives off a noticeable amount of green light and has a mist/steam effect.

* Set Hex Light: Red -- They glow a little but don't give off any illumination. They stick very far out of the wall. On the plus side, they're very different and distinctive.

Edited by Xina_LA