Companion continually dies on low level planets

nathanmcten

I have a level 46 marauder I've just recently starting using again, realised I needed to level up and started to do all the side missions on Alderaan, obviously my level gets dropped to 34 but for some reason my companion gets completely mauled by enemies and dies meaning i keep having to revive myself and never managed to defeat anyone, and even though I'm the max level for this planet it seems like I'm barely doing damage to some snsmies, anyone else experienced this ?

• 2 weeks later...

I myself am sure (well almost sure) there is some kind of massive nerf, or miscalculation going on, on any planet you have your level reduced on. As shown by going on the same planet and using a character of the actual level or below and fighting and doing the same things as (it is twice if not more) easier to complete things and kill mobs (Especially heroics).

Something is seriously wrong with the LEVEL CAPS and something is seriously wrong with COMPANIONS as well when you are reduced in level. However, I like the companion part as now as like in old days some companions are better at things than others. Some are better healers, some are better damage and some are better tanks. Instead of the misguided one companion can do it all theory they were using that I hated anyway.

Level reduction on planets seems broken more towards the mid range levels (40s-50s) on most characters and higher end on some others (40-70)... ie, its twice as hard with a higher level character that has been reduced than with on of correct level for planet IMO, or from what I am seeing on my lame characters that I use with just basic green and blue stuff.

Like for example with the companions Jedi Knight you basically only have one companion that can tank Lord S. The rest cannot tank no matter what the level even at lvl 40-50 as well and Lord S at say lvl 15 or 25. Its actually funny.

Then again, their are better people who know more about the game and have better explanations of what is going on than I do as I am just a noob. This is just what I see when I play..

• 5 months later...
I don't experience this at all. Using any lvl 70 toon even at 1influence, most planets are a piece of cake with the exception of the former H4 heroics. Even those are doable, though.

This is my experience too. I haven't had an issue in a long time with dying even with a rank 1 comp. If you're struggling set it to heals. I generally run heroics with dps spec and dps comp.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't had that specifically but I've run into a few companion derps lately with Lana and Vette so maybe something is up. Lana had two insta-deaths just walking across an empty room in the solo Star Fortress, and once on Yavin, fighting a single enemy that she could normally clear easily. Vette also had an insta-death walking through a cleared area in Directive 7 solo, and once when I took a Heroic Transport to Voss, Vette was lying there dead when we arrived -and it said she'd died from fall damage (on a level field?!). Not a biggie, one just revives them, but it's really weird.

Is your companion set on heals? If your companion is on tank or dps, and you aren't a healer, they are probably getting aggro and getting destroyed before you can kill the enemies. Right click their face and go to role selection, heals to change it.