Solo Mode for Macrobinoculars and Dread Seed Missions

ZanyaCross

Can we finally get a way to solo these? Or at least add them to group finder? I've had these in my missions since SoR came out and it's nearly impossible to find a group. Worse yet, since the last group failed and bugged out on me I have a bug where I get a "mission failed" message whenever I walk into a new instance.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Especially considering how long these quests are, so it's not like it's easy to find anyone else who are at the Heroic Quest part, you can't just share the quest. It takes forever to get to those Heroics too considering all the digging and faffing about you have to do. The storylines for these questlines are intriguing, Shroud is a fun antagonist. But actually playing the questlines are irritating without 3 other people to help you.

what i did was shout on fleet that i need 3 people for it and will give each participant 20 mil. I had the quest done in 15 minutes :)

People dont need to have the quest to participate, so just get 3 friends.

You mean 3 people to pay millions to. Not all have millions to do so.

I've been on Fleet and such, and the only times I'm seen anyone run it was when I had just rolled on a server or only had one character running them so I was on the wrong faction.

If these could be added to the GF, that would be awesome, but if not, make 'em soloable so some of us can finally get them off our mission logs.

This is what guilds are for. If 3 people from your guild won't help, then I don't know why you are staying in that guild.

The missions are obscure, and most people ignore them. Often times the 3 other people you have dont even have the quest they are just their because you are paying them.

But ya, this is one of the things that needs a solo mode.

/signed

what i did was shout on fleet that i need 3 people for it and will give each participant 20 mil. I had the quest done in 15 minutes :)

People dont need to have the quest to participate, so just get 3 friends.

For the Binocular end mission all 4 players need to be on the same stage of the mission chain or they cannot jump down to the traffic transports. So you need to find 3 other people on the same exact stage of the mission.

This is what guilds are for. If 3 people from your guild won't help, then I don't know why you are staying in that guild.

So you are willing to create a new character, level to 55, go through the mission chain, get to the same stage of the mission to help. Then, do that all over again for the next person who needs it? That is awesome.

Can we finally get a way to solo these?

No. It would just make too much sense to go back and retune the Shroud/Dread Seed heroics along with KOTFE Chapter about the Shroud.

So ye, ain't happenin'

Now buy more packs

:csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Pietrastor

For the Binocular end mission all 4 players need to be on the same stage of the mission chain or they cannot jump down to the traffic transports. So you need to find 3 other people on the same exact stage of the mission.

I think you can enter solo in there. The only part where you need 4 people is the last part for the 4 buttons. I might be wrong though since i've done this a long time ago.

This far out since content was launched I fully support this. Just like when section X was released, the heroic wasn't hard to get groups for b/c so many were there. Now macro/seeker are just like SectionX/BH - you're likely the only one there at any given time. (esp for the decimated servers)

I'd also say throw the Heroic Star Fortresses in GF for those that can't solo too. As we get distance from KOTFE, it will become increasingly difficult for them as well to get those done.

I remember when I did these missions the first time. I enjoyed them so much. I do believe that the group mechanics are one part of why they were so enjoyable. I would therefore prefer it if they would add them to the group finder. Cross server. ;)

Exactly. It's obvious that that should have been done with all heroics in 4.0 with level sync, especially aurora cannon (which is now boring). Not make them solo weeklies you can do in your sleep.

Atm, the shroud is simply the best heroic in the game, and it would be a sin to take the group puzzle element away from it. Maybe if people insist, a separate solo mode can be added, but they should not treat it the same way as AC.

Exactly. It's obvious that that should have been done with all heroics in 4.0 with level sync, especially aurora cannon (which is now boring). Not make them solo weeklies you can do in your sleep.

Atm, the shroud is simply the best heroic in the game, and it would be a sin to take the group puzzle element away from it. Maybe if people insist, a separate solo mode can be added, but they should not treat it the same way as AC.

I remember these were asked about being changed to match the other Heroics, and there was a shuffling of "we don't want to mess to much with things" similar to Aurora Cannon, but AC was changed. *muttermutter*

I know this sounds really cynical, but honestly? They don't care (or just don't want to reply).

4.0 has been out a year and every other heroic was fixed/changed, these were ignored. All requests for even a comment ignored.

It's been asked why these are forced to be 4man groups when no one does them because it goes from a completely solo mission chain to 4man group all of a sudden and is very long. Asked over and over, 95% of the time in very diplomatic and nice ways. Forums, Twitter, and Twitch. Even Facebook. Every single attempt to even get a 'we're not going to change them ever' for the past 3.5 years has been ignored.

It's a damn shame.

Honestly some don't even want to be in a guild.

Back to the original post... I'd love it if they made these and a lot of other stuff soloable.

A solo mode on all quests for the Binocs/Seeker missions that require a group would be great indeed! It'd be nice to be able to get these done like others have said without feeling like you either have to pay or in some cases pester others just to get it done.

Can we finally get a way to solo these? Or at least add them to group finder? I've had these in my missions since SoR came out and it's nearly impossible to find a group. Worse yet, since the last group failed and bugged out on me I have a bug where I get a "mission failed" message whenever I walk into a new instance.

Amen!

I would be thrilled if I could finish these! I have managed to finish seeker-droid on one character when it first came out, and never could get macro-binoculars finished on any. They have been sitting in the quest log of numerous characters for years in the off chance I see a group forming. :rak_01:

Agreed! I'd type out more, but I am going to copy what I wrote last time a thread like this was made! (I admit, I'm hoping for a surprise change in 4.7.1 next week to these two, but I won't hold my breath! haha)

Hey, Devs! (And Eric!) It's been almost 3 and a half years since the Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid Quests were added into the game, and very few people do the quests, and the ones that do get stopped by the Heroic's (Or only do the Macro quests to get the "Find the MCR-99 Droids" achievement. And trying to find a group on the fleet or in a guild (If you have one) is a pain in the butt. Also, it's pretty clear that the HK Bonus Chapter is going to heavily involve the Shroud, so it is the perfect time to make the change!

Technically, with the [HEROIC 4] The Alchemy of Evil/Uprooting the Last Seed, [HEROIC 4] All The Pieces/Dark Design, and [HEROIC 4] The Shroud’s Last Stand/The Shroud Revealed, there are six heroic 4's for the two questlines. :eek: I feel like adding them to the GF wouldn't do much either, and be just a band-aid.

The best thing to do is retweak them to a solo mode (Since they all require 4 people at some point, make it so you only need to do one part, instead of four, Like the Solo Mode Esseles only requires you to Slice one of the power consoles, instead of both.), and either give us the God Droid from the Solo FP's, or some Strong type trooper NPC's to help us out! And making the Heroic quests change to the Solo mode retroactively would be important too, since you don't want to lock people out.

Sorry for the long winded post, this is one of the few wishlist things I want from BWA. (Other than a Solo mode to the ending of the Oricon Storyline, and more KotOR Armors!) :rak_01:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable drone of 'Why play an MMO if you want to be able to solo the group content?' that always seems to come up.

its because its not a popular quest, few do them anymore, and people for the most part do feel something like this should be soloable, especially seeing as all the other missions are soloable except the final one, and the lack of people doing them also further pushes it to be soloable because its so damn hard to find a group.