Class Changes Coming in Game Update 4.5

ZioGio

Edited list of upcoming changes to Shadows and Assassins. To see the full list, please see the original thread.

Hey folks,

Below you will find the current list of Class changes which are coming with Game Update 4.5. These changes will not be going on PTS so we wanted to give you a heads up on what was coming. Please feel free to read over the changes and provide your feedback in this thread, I will pass it on to the Combat team.

Sith Inquisitor

Assassin

Hatred

• The radius of Death Field has been reduced to 5 meters (down from 8 meters).

Jedi Consular

Shadow

Serenity

• The radius of Force in Balance has been reduced to 5 meters (down from 8 meters).

They are nerffing madness/balance dot spread and we get nerfed along with it. I think they can't reduce radius of deathfield for sorcs but not for sins. Howabout moving dotspread to another ability for sorcs also?

They are nerffing madness/balance dot spread and we get nerfed along with it. I think they can't reduce radius of deathfield for sorcs but not for sins. Howabout moving dotspread to another ability for sorcs also?

You'd find moving it to another ability to be even more of a nerf.

When every other ranged class dotspreads they spread from the central target so its 5m for sniper and 8m for merc around the target with the dots on.

But with sorc they dont spread from a target, as long as the target with dots on is somewhere inside the circle it spreads to everyone else in the circle.

So with sniper two targets 6m apart you can't spread to them because their spread has a 5m radius from the primary target.

With merc and two targets 9m apart you can't spread because their spread is 8m from the primary target.

But right now on a sorc with two targets 16m apart you can spread because the circle does not need to centre on anything. After the nerf a sorc will still have the longest spread distance of 10m.

If you didn't realise this before then too bad, you missed out on the most faceroll dotspreading in the game.

Edited by Gyronamics

You'd find moving it to another ability to be even more of a nerf.

When every other ranged class dotspreads they spread from the central target so its 5m for sniper and 8m for merc around the target with the dots on.

But with sorc they dont spread from a target, as long as the target with dots on is somewhere inside the circle it spreads to everyone else in the circle.

So with sniper two targets 6m apart you can't spread to them because their spread has a 5m radius from the primary target.

With merc and two targets 9m apart you can't spread because their spread is 8m from the primary target.

But right now on a sorc with two targets 16m apart you can spread because the circle does not need to centre on anything. After the nerf a sorc will still have the longest spread distance of 10m.

If you didn't realise this before then too bad, you missed out on the most faceroll dotspreading in the game.

If you didn't realize, I was speaking this deathfield nerf from sin POV. I really don't care if the dotspread would be moved to Force storm for sorcs. I was merely stating that sin aoe gets nerf because sorc dotspread too stonk and that is not right to me.

Maybe now that it has 10m range and 5m radius, we can finally get our dotspread back on it. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you didn't realize, I was speaking this deathfield nerf from sin POV. I really don't care if the dotspread would be moved to Force storm for sorcs. I was merely stating that sin aoe gets nerf because sorc dotspread too stonk and that is not right to me.

The dotspread was not the only reason given. The other reason given was it had too large a radius for an instant damage AOE and that applies to assassin even when it doesn't dotspread.

Those were the words given by the developers in the notes accompanying the changes, all linked in the OP.

It is currently the same radius as Orbital Strike and Force Storm and after the change it will be the same radius as Death From Above.

Edited by Gyronamics

The dotspread was not the only reason given. The other reason given was it had too large a radius for an instant damage AOE and that applies to assassin even when it doesn't dotspread.

Those were the words given by the developers in the notes accompanying the changes, all linked in the OP.

It is currently the same radius as Orbital Strike and Force Storm and after the change it will be the same radius as Death From Above.

Dude seriously don't talk like an idiot. This change has nothing to do with sins. Only reason for this it's the same abilit with the sorc and it will require actual coding to make them separate..just don't seriously, just don't talk about the things that you have no idea.

Dude seriously don't talk like an idiot. This change has nothing to do with sins. Only reason for this it's the same abilit with the sorc and it will require actual coding to make them separate..just don't seriously, just don't talk about the things that you have no idea.

Why are you saying they cannot change an abilities parameters because it "requires actual coding"?

It requires "actual coding" to cut the radius, they're doing that and declaring it to happen to both specs.

There are tons of examples of range and damage being deliberately different for the same ability throughout the game, in all cases you get a baseline ability and the class they want to have say 5m extra range, 10% more damage or even 20% extra range gets a passive which makes it so.

But you know this already:

Death Field is one ability. They can't nerf it for sages/sorcs without nerfing it for shadows/sins.

yes they can. look at how they nerf the range of the rail shot for bt but not for mers. stop the white kniting on a subjects which clearly you have no clue about

Dude seriously don't talk like an idiot. ...just don't seriously, just don't talk about the things that you have no idea.

Yes it can be done, and it's not that hard. But they are not gonna do it because they have to sit and write 'actual code' not being lazy... In this case they are lazy af. It's not about the sin damage or instant aoe or what not. This nerf has nothing to do with sin, and they just implentent it cause hey, who will do extra staff while we can just nerf them as well...

Yes it can be done, and it's not that hard. But they are not gonna do it because they have to sit and write 'actual code' not being lazy... In this case they are lazy af. It's not about the sin damage or instant aoe or what not. This nerf has nothing to do with sin, and they just implentent it cause hey, who will do extra staff while we can just nerf them as well...

They had no problem with railshot range nerf for pt, they had no problem with removing the dotspread. I'm sure they can manage to make sins and sorcs have a different radius on Death Field.

I have yet to test this to see how much of a nerf it is to us sins but I'm thinking it'll really hamper us on Revanite Commanders and Torque, and make hatred just about useless on Underlurker. The other end game boss fights I play as deception so I can't really speak for them. I don't think it'll be too big of a deal if you use hatred on Nim Draxus.

WHAT how about we take some away there bubble princess!

Not sure 8m radius had any other utility then numberpad, from what i tested the impact is.. Place aoe more carefully?

You can still dot spread on fights like lurker, tested this weekend, its i would be more concerned with dps output for these 2 specific classes.