3.2 PTS Plasmatech/Pyro.

Otchiver

So is it me, or does plasmatech/Pyro no longer suck.

Without knowing what i'm doing, but having really good gear (Usually run Tactics/AP) and a lot of alacrity.... i pulled 4090.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/16577

Anyone else have halfway decent experiences?

I'll have a chance to test tonight, but i'm expecting ~4.8k average in my PTS VG's optimized-without-mainhand198s.

I'll have a chance to test tonight, but i'm expecting ~4.8k average in my PTS VG's optimized-without-mainhand198s.

One of these days, i wanna pick your brain in a Voicechat thing.... You always are around for my posts on these things.

Think you could spare a bit?

One of these days, i wanna pick your brain in a Voicechat thing.... You always are around for my posts on these things.

Think you could spare a bit?

Sorry mate, bout to run off to uni.

Why else do you think I said "Tonight" instead of "When the update finishes downloading"

Edited by TACeMossie

Ok, my guess was low. This spec is pretty much back to its former glory already, maybe 50-100dps less, but with significantly more AoE potential. With 2 more QoL changes to come, I can't wait to see it, though I will say the slightly tougher resources are fine right now - sure it makes the spec a little more difficult, but when a spec can pull 5k DPS with 1.8k being AoE and by doing a simple substitute of Ion Pulse for Explosive Surge it does 4.8k DPS with 2.6k being AoE you gotta have some difficulty, otherwise you end up with Hatred. Edited by TACeMossie

I'm glad it's really good for PVE.

It still looks like garbage on the PVP end with the nerfs to immolate and flaming fist (single target burst), but I'll give it a run with the new two stack flame thrower. That might help make up for it.

It is + 5% total stack damage on flame thrower. In PvP always are hits with full stacks. The substantial is the dot spread and 90% -speed.

Edited by Aetideus

I'm not grasping Tactics or Plasmatech very well in PVP. I try to follow the rotation from Dulfy but that is more of a PVE thing it seems. Any help with rotations would be appreciated. Tactics seems to have good potential for DPS in PVP but I can't get much out of it. Edited by Atonu

I'm not grasping Tactics or Plasmatech very well in PVP. I try to follow the rotation from Dulfy but that is more of a PVE thing it seems. Any help with rotations would be appreciated. Tactics seems to have good potential for DPS in PVP but I can't get much out of it.

whats your gear? (stats not name)

and your opener?

and your priorities?

I'm only level 50, so my gear is whatever I can scrounge up, but I do put a priority on power.

For Tactics, I usually try to open with AP - gut - high impact bolt - shockstrike - tactical surge - cell burst

I generally try to keep the bleeds refreshed.

I'm only level 50, so my gear is whatever I can scrounge up, but I do put a priority on power.

For Tactics, I usually try to open with AP - gut - high impact bolt - shockstrike - tactical surge - cell burst

I generally try to keep the bleeds refreshed.

Well, since your level 50, you can't have Cell Burst... But, you should be doing something like this for AP

RB > RP > RS > TD > MB > ED > etc.

RB = Retractable Blade

RP = Rocket Punch

RS = Rail Shot

MB = Magnetic Blast

ED = Explosive Dart

TD = Thermal Detonator

Rocket Punch, Thermal Detonator, Explosive Dart, or Mag Blast should always precede a Rail Shot if at all possible except the First Rail Shot of your opener due to the Prototype Particle Accelerator buff. Pyro is all about using Flaming Fist before Rail Shot to get an automatic crit and getting 2 stacks of Superheated Flamethrower to get the bulk of your damage.

Well, since your level 50, you can't have Cell Burst... But, you should be doing something like this for AP

RB > RP > RS > TD > MB > ED > etc.

RB = Retractable Blade

RP = Rocket Punch

RS = Rail Shot

MB = Magnetic Blast

ED = Explosive Dart

TD = Thermal Detonator

Rocket Punch, Thermal Detonator, Explosive Dart, or Mag Blast should always precede a Rail Shot if at all possible except the First Rail Shot of your opener due to the Prototype Particle Accelerator buff. Pyro is all about using Flaming Fist before Rail Shot to get an automatic crit and getting 2 stacks of Superheated Flamethrower to get the bulk of your damage.

No, No, no, stop. That's a PvE opener there, that doesn't fly in PvP.

gut > Assault Plastic > tactical surge > Cell Burst > HiB > stockstrike > Hib > begin standard rotation.

note that often in PvP you are having to close gaps to a target when you go to open in which case it's generally better to switch the location of the first tactical surge with gut in the opener since you can use tactical surge and assault plastic from farther range.

Also note you want to pop Battle Focus if available right before the assault plastic detonates so that it's up when all your burst is going out. Additionally note that you want to spam shoulder cannon during the battlefocus window for even moar burst.

Standard rotation

The goal here is to get HiB used as much as possible. There is a 6 second internal cooldown (ICD) on the HiB proc. which basically means you want to use tactical surge or stockstrike every third GCD after the last HiB. The two GCDs before that you can do whatever the hell you want with, but be mindful of your ammo.

Edited by Zoom_VI

gut > Assault Plastic > tactical surge > Cell Burst > HiB > stockstrike > Hib > begin standard rotation.

note that often in PvP you are having to close gaps to a target when you go to open in which case it's generally better to switch the location of the first tactical surge with gut in the opener since you can use tactical surge and assault plastic from farther range.

Also note you want to pop Battle Focus if available right before the assault plastic detonates so that it's up when all your burst is going out. Additionally note that you want to spam shoulder cannon during the battlefocus window for even moar burst.

Standard rotation

The goal here is to get HiB used as much as possible. There is a 6 second internal cooldown (ICD) on the HiB proc. which basically means you want to use tactical surge or stockstrike every third GCD after the last HiB. The two GCDs before that you can do whatever the hell you want with, but be mindful of your ammo.

its not even a PvE opener. Its the worst opener i've ever seen

Standard rotation

If he's only level 50... HE CANT USE CELL BURST... Cell Burst is a level 57 ability, so he can't use it at level 50 for PvP. So, yea... Sure, my opener wasn't ideal at all. but it was catering to his limitations as a level 50.

If he's only level 50... HE CANT USE CELL BURST... Cell Burst is a level 57 ability, so he can't use it at level 50 for PvP. So, yea... Sure, my opener wasn't ideal at all. but it was catering to his limitations as a level 50.

At level 50 your opener is still bad. You never use rocket punch before your first railshot, because that's wasting a railshot.

not only that but you did

stuff> TD > MB > ED > etc.

Which is really bad in PvP because that has thermal detonator detonating when you are applying explosive dart, which won't go off for antoher three seconds. You always want to apply thermal det three seconds before a burst ability in order to maximize burst. Sub level 57 that means you always want to do TD > filler > Railshot

• 2 weeks later...