RP leveling with my gay Jedi? (Begeren Colony)

Zackbiggs

I wanna RP my little(level 19) Jedi but I also wanna level. Doesn't have to be a gay rp or anything just something to do between taxi stations and whatnot. Trasmythian is a rather flirtatious type with anyone but only goes so far unless he really likes a guy. So if you're game drop me a message. Edited by Zackbiggs

Then he sucks as a Jedi. Irrespective of gender and preference, someone very clearly missed the point of (Order) Jedi putting aside emotion/passion and also intimacy. Just saying, because I'll probably always be That Guy...

it's very simple. "I do not care."

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's a cool idea. Jedi have sexual orientations just like everyone else, but they don't pursue attachment. That does not mean the desire for attachment isn't there. It means they keep that desire at bay, dormant, controlled. I think hiding behind the idea that "Jedi put aside emotion/passion and also intimacy," is a terrible excuse for making boring, 2 dimensional Jedi RP characters. My JK struggles with his anger towards the ineptitude of the Republic government, and also the loss of his twin brother when they were toddlers. So even though he lives by a code that tells him to put aside emotion/passion, he struggles with that.

• 9 months later...
Then he sucks as a Jedi. Irrespective of gender and preference, someone very clearly missed the point of (Order) Jedi putting aside emotion/passion and also intimacy. Just saying, because I'll probably always be That Guy...

What this guy said really.

For my RP force character, I created a Sith, because I was honest enough to admit that I wouldn't be able to accurately role-play a Jedi. That's a big reason I enjoy beating Jedi players so much in PVP. Because I really am killing a bunch of deluded hypocrites.

Jedi are gay.

They are more like asexuals... Tough few Jedi have romantic relationships :(

I don't think hero of tython+kira romance is canon because it includes dark side choices, but Revan & Bastila are a good example ... :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

well I'm glad people got into my idea literally months after I posted it and had already quit. Anyways the simple fact is people who pipe up and shout about how it's against lore or whatever rarely even believe they are right in the first place and even if they do they are still just trolls. Don't feed them.

This is a galactic level stage. Even assuming all followers of the jedi order desired to follow the code to the letter their code goes against what it means to be a living breathing organism. emotion is a reflection of baser instincts that are coded into the being of living animals. denying that is simply pointless and destructive. So any lore arguments can take a course in bio before I take so much as a grain of salt from their argument.

That being said even assuming it is plausible to follow the code that strictly as they intend as with any religion the jedi faith can be followed in as many ways as there are people to follow it. This includes people who agree with core values such as purging harmful entities and protecting good people while disagreeing with practices of the faith such as denying emotion/intimacy. Saying he'd be called a heretic is one thing. saying he's impossible is just plain ignorant. so please continue to argue with the wall I'm moving on.

anyways I'm still looking and Trasmythian is in the process of being reworked with the new mechanics I just got introduced to so he's 30ish and poking around balmorra at the moment if anyone is interested in being part of this idea rather than just discussing the validity or novelty of it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...