Guilds/Individual Flag Creation

Annatar_Isen

Proposal for SWTOR Guilds and Stronghold Owners

Hello SWTOR community, my name is Kelphayus Andarius Isen, one of the leaders of <The Dread Imperium> guild on the Shadowlands server. I have been working on multiple ideas for the game, and how we might be able to expand on certain elements, or diversify guilds apart from one another besides their names/ranks. This idea is not targeted directly to RP guilds alone, rather to all guilds by representing what they truly stand for, and where they stand in their server’s community.

The idea I would like to propose to the community, Bioware, EA, whomever making the decisions, is to introduce a custom banner maker for guilds and personal Stronghold owners. Will bring a little bit of why this is important by citing a few good examples. Before I was a leader of the Imperium on Shadowlands, I used to be the Imperator of the <Reborn in Ashes> guild on the Begeren Colony under the name Darth Villace Isen. RIA philosophy was centered on bringing down the Sith Emperor’s powerbase, and purifying the Empire as a whole. Though we did fly the Imperial Flag, it never seemed as the “true portrayal,” of what we stood for. Same holds true with the Imperium, which is a completely separate entity from the Empire, yet we still fly the Imperial banners. Another example is <The Enomenos Empire> lead by Empress Selvesha on the Begeren Colony, of whom also do not consider themselves an Imperial aligned guild, rather an independent empire.

I would personally like to see a wide variety of guild flags, and for new pictures, animations, or colors NOT to be given to us through Cartel Pack rewards. May get some flak for this, but I used to play Runescape, who actually did introduce custom clan banners creation when their Clan Citadels were introduced. I want to be able to create the image I will link for the Imperium:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/c/c7/Nilfgaard_flag_from_tw3.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/210?cb=20160120204336

I also want to see the flags others will make, because it will truly signify who they are, and what they are about. Guilds should have the ability to create multiple banners, say 5-10, because like every real life nation’s flag, each guild have their own backstory. Anyone who owns their own Galactic Stronghold should have the ability to create their own flags/banners representing who they are as well.

This is just an idea I would really like to see implemented, and I do believe it is possible. If Runescape can do it, SWTOR can most definitely be able to include it for guilds. Please support me in making this a reality, and if you would like to contribute in a positive manner with additional ideas, do not hesitate to write them underneath.

Thank you!

Kelphayus Isen

Signed Supporters:

Casirabit

Bigbrotato

Lilpotato

Flaminius

Thepeacemakers

SyncWolf

Additional Ideas:

~Allow for Custom Banners/Flags to have an option to add designs to armor sets on upper arms, chest, and capes - Idea created by SyncWolf

Edited by Annatar_Isen

I would certainly appreciate the option for custom banners. Which as stated wouldn't only benefit RPers.

I'm also wondering what other ways a guild's flag/symbol could be used. Unlike other games, tabards don't really have a place in SWTOR. At best a small logo on the upper arm or such.

I would certainly appreciate the option for custom banners. Which as stated wouldn't only benefit RPers.

I'm also wondering what other ways a guild's flag/symbol could be used. Unlike other games, tabards don't really have a place in SWTOR. At best a small logo on the upper arm or such.

I like the additions you mentioned Sync, and will edit the main post. That would be an awesome addition to this idea, like on the arms as you stated, or one larger on the chest/back/cape.

Every custom banner has to be transmitted to every machine running an SWTOR client, or at least every machine that encounters one. If the banner is only visible *inside* a stronghold(1) (that is, tere are no guild uniforms with the banner image), then it only has to happen when I go into the stronghold, and only if there are guild banner decorations active when I load in the stronghold.

If, on the other hand, you allow guild banners on guild uniforms, that has to go to everyone on the same map as every guild member who is wearing the banner, with a sudden flurry of activity every time a guildie arrives on a planet where nobody has the banner.

It wouldn't affect me, because I would immediately activate the option to not see other people's custom banner images ever. I notice that you forgot to mention including this option, so I thought I'd better correct the oversight.

Everquest 2 has had that for years. You design it from a standard pallet of colors / images / borders / backgrounds and everyone can see it. Cloaks are separate from robes in EQ2, their own slot item, and guild heraldry are on the cloaks. Crafters in EQ2 can also make tapestries that can display the banners at well.

Every custom banner has to be transmitted to every machine running an SWTOR client,

It's indexed in Everquest 2 from a swatch of choices. The only thing transmitted to the client are the index numbers of the design. The artwork for the design itself is already resident in the game files on the client machine.

/signed

It would be all so nice if for those of us that are in Mando'ad Guilds to be able to wright in in Mando'a for more of a RP reason hope they do it. I even asked if they could make it you can by or make blank deoc that could be used in it. Or even so they could make some of the money back on the dev time put it in as a decor pack on the cartel market and would back it up with my money

It's indexed in Everquest 2 from a swatch of choices. The only thing transmitted to the client are the index numbers of the design. The artwork for the design itself is already resident in the game files on the client machine.

There's an implication at one point in the OP's post as if he wants to be able to upload a *custom* graphic. That's a major no-no. But as you say, if it's just a palette of pre-set options (plus colour selections), then no problem.