Carbonite poisoning

Deshiel

I am one of those guys who was sort of disappointed at how underplayed the supposed abilities of the outlander are in kotfe.

By the time you start Kotfe you are basicaly a legend and you are supposed to be battle hardened, experienced and strong. Yet all you end up doing in Kotfe is being Lana and Theron's hitman and you pretty much just follow orders. You issue your own like that one time in a rare dialogue.

Now If you are a force user outlander

You get rekted. Your force push is suddently so weak that even skytroopers fall only one or two meters away.

Why can't your outlander force push someone miles away like Senya did... NOT VAYLIN JUST SENYA!

While in the vanilla game. Sith warrior does some neat telekinetic feats that I would realy like to see again in the game. Not to mention that ability wise your warrior is a balanced one man army guy. You even get to solo an army attack in the origin story and then everyone just stands there like "Oh my god what are you, theres blood all over me you are soo unstopapble" on Alderaaan after you rekt the whole enemy army on your own.

Then you arrive in Kotfe and you are like... Whoa I can't even presure Arcann in a lightsaber duel despite my experience in countless lightsaber duels.

Same goes for any gunner outlander. By the time your trooper/agent/smuggler/bounty hunter reaches Arcann, you have fought dozens of force users with your gun. You should be able to pull a HK-47 on them and exploit thier weaknessses, but noo.

So all I wrote is pretty much what everyone else was poiting out and there were always two types of lore friendly answers

a) You are still recovering from a carbonite poisoning ( people keep saying that but it is not canonly confirmed)

b) Arcann and Vaylin are Vitiate's children so DUH they are stronker than you.

my opinion on A)

I would love if this was confirmed in game, but if that realy is the case then the game needs a cutscene where Ogrubb or someone says. Yo outlander lets do a medical scan if your carbonite poisoning is over. Youp its over, you are now the unstoppable behemoth you used to be before they froze you.

Then we would get outlander in a training room

Force user meditating and lifting numerous objects in the room + something realy big to pay respect to his/her supposed strenght in the force. Jedi could do this calmly while sith could roar while levitating stuff.

gunner could enter a shooting range with fellow soldiers of the alliance. Shocking them all with his impresive gunplay.

and when the training ends the outlander will be like... Yeah lets have a rematch with Arcann and then PWN him in the next encounter, doesnt have to be the final one. It would only serve as a proof that we are in our former state and Arcann will learn to respect us the hard way.

my opinion on B)

Vitiates kids are strong in the force yes, but they are royalty with limited experience.

Don't get me wrong but the story pretty much implies that Vaylin was caged most of her time so all she has should be her crazy powers.

Arcann trained from childhood but who did he train against? Zakool military only.

When he invades the core worlds in the beginning of kotfe it is actualy his first encounter with enemies other than zakool. He gets rekted (presumably steped on a landmine or smt)

What I am trying to say that while I agree that Arcann can have more force potential than your force sensitive outlander. He should be no match for Any of your outlanders fighting skills.

God dammit reach level 10 with the alien research and you will get the confirmation that the carbonite still affects you.. Also the Hutt does say that you suffer from its effects.

Also I will say it again read the mail really read the mails you get. You know I was so surprised that nobody knew about the mail for some reason people do not read their mail.

my opinion on B)

Vitiates kids are strong in the force yes, but they are royalty with limited experience.

Don't get me wrong but the story pretty much implies that Vaylin was caged most of her time so all she has should be her crazy powers.

Arcann trained from childhood but who did he train against? Zakool military only.

When he invades the core worlds in the beginning of kotfe it is actualy his first encounter with enemies other than zakool. He gets rekted (presumably steped on a landmine or smt)

What I am trying to say that while I agree that Arcann can have more force potential than your force sensitive outlander. He should be no match for Any of your outlanders fighting skills.

Arcaan was trained by the best of Zakuul, who don'seem to act that much differently from Sith. Hell, when he's raiding korriban, hoth and other planets in the trailer, he;s killling armies by the dozen. Not even a bombing run coul kill him, only wound him. So no, he doesn't get recked, he kicks some serious arse.

Arcaan has the skill and power to beat the Outlander, which in it self DOES NOT MAKE THE OUTLANDER WEAK! Valkorion specifically trained both Sons to beat both the Empire and Republic.

Edited by Codedrago

God dammit reach level 10 with the alien research and you will get the confirmation that the carbonite still affects you.. Also the Hutt does say that you suffer from its effects.

Also I will say it again read the mail really read the mails you get. You know I was so surprised that nobody knew about the mail for some reason people do not read their mail.

all my alliance research stations are beyond 10 by now. I don't remember any mail xD

...can you find a screenshot/yutube video of this mail?

...and why are you acting like we all received the mail when it is optional part of the game..and that exclude us that keep making alts rather than doing Heroics at 65:)

[/u] I would love if this was confirmed in game, but if that realy is the case then the game needs a cutscene where Ogrubb or someone says. Yo outlander lets do a medical scan if your carbonite poisoning is over. Youp its over, you are now the unstoppable behemoth you used to be before they froze you.

Then we would get outlander in a training room

That is an excellent suggestion and I hope too see it/something similar in game (they can even make it some sort of minigame for extra activities for bored 65s)..

Btw 3rd option: Valkorion preventing us from using our full power in some way... (this is more for the SI/JC since as people with so much force they don't fight with lightsabers as much as the JK/SW do).

Arcaan has the skill and power to beat the Outlander, which in it self DOES NOT MAKE THE OUTLANDER WEAK! Valkorion specifically trained both Sons to beat both the Empire and Republic.

True...when we encounter Knights (or anything else really) we don't seem to be to bothered by the opposition...

I think the outlander appear so weak is because how they handled the cutscenes. Maybe they should consider doing as in the base game and leave most of the battle to our imagination, because as they currently are trying to do and push all our different characters in the same/slighty different basket - it is not working:)

(Why exactly my SI after using Valkorion's lightning on Arcann did react the same as my SW or JK or even JC? She shouldn't...there is a whole planet dedicated to making us able to channel such large amounts of force....)

Edited by Saelinne

I have a feeling that kotfe is being written by different people than the ones who did the class stories.

Vanilla writers are probably only consulting with the new writers regarding backstories so there will be no complete connection.

I have a feeling that kotfe is being written by different people than the ones who did the class stories.

Vanilla writers are probably only consulting with the new writers regarding backstories so there will be no complete connection.

you'd be wrong. Chapter X was written by the agent class story writer, and during the story stream the impression I got was it's very much a colaborate group effort between the writers

you'd be wrong. Chapter X was written by the agent class story writer, and during the story stream the impression I got was it's very much a colaborate group effort between the writers

This, though each chapter has a primary writer it seems with other writers doing polishing work. So Alexander Freed did this chapter whilst Hall Hood and others are likely doing each individual chapter.

if you get alien research to level 10 u find out that you the outlander is still being affected by the carbonite poisoning and the hutt also mentions that you are still being affected by the carbonite poisoning Edited by loctys

Arcann's victory over an Outlander that refuses to use Valkorian's power is probably attributed to a combination of the following factors:

1: Lingering effects of the carbonite poisoning (since their fight on Asylum is almost certainly less than a week after he was freed).

2: Arcann is a very very capable force user

3: The Outlander has been more or less consistently on the run or fighting for a critical need since being freed. While there might've been some time for recuperation between their arrival on Asylum and Arcann's attack, events are pretty one after the other, and it's unlikely to have been for very long.

4: Arcann gets into three fights during the battle: Slaughtering the Scions, the first fight against the Outlander, and the second fight against the Outlander. The Outlander gets into like a hundred in the course of getting back to the ship and fighting to the controls to get the ship free from the docking web.

In short: The Outlander is up against a very capable foe, they're still suffering from carbonite poisoning, they're winded from a dozen small battles throughout the day and that's on top of it being a long damn week as it is. A narrow loss is still pretty respectable.

The Outlander is up against a very capable foe, they're still suffering from carbonite poisoning, they're winded from a dozen small battles throughout the day and that's on top of it being a long damn week as it is. A narrow loss is still pretty respectable.

This. Plus, if you go the LS route, or just don't want to work with Valkorian, then by rejecting his power you get stabbed through the freaking stomach by Arcann. I don't know if you know much about stomach wounds, but they're usually pretty debilitating, if not outright fatal. And considering that a lightsaber is like a molten bar of metal and laser, the fact that the Outlander didn't die is a miracle, and a testament to their own strength and endurance, although there's a good chance that Valkorian tried to keep them kicking as well.

But let's face it- the Immortal Emperor is the most powerful force user the galaxy has ever known. It completely makes sense that his children are also therefore RIDICULOUSLY powerful, and more than a match for the Outlander, who, force-using or not, is a very powerful and accomplished person. Just because the Outlander is matched in strength by someone else does not mean that they are weak. Also, the Valkorian Family has a giant freaking army at their back and an unstoppable fleet. Why is it considered weakness that the Outlander would prefer to bulk up their own forces before going to war? Yes, they have the Gravestone. But that's still only one ship.

Edited by Yermog

I agree that Arcann has probably explosive force potential inherited from his father, but I still don't think that he should be able to outperform the outlander in combat.

And when I write combat I mean lightsaber dueling. Not force powers.

Edited by Deshiel

Does anyone still have this carbonite confirming email or whichever? Or a video of the cutscene with Doctor Ooglyboogly? I've not yet reached level 10 on my research but now I'm curious.

There was a person who had a video of all mail he even posted somewhere but I can not remember who it is. I wish I could post a screenshot of the mail but for some reason it gets deleted in a month.

He player that made the videos with the mail if you read this please post your videos here.

There was a person who had a video of all mail he even posted somewhere but I can not remember who it is. I wish I could post a screenshot of the mail but for some reason it gets deleted in a month.

He player that made the videos with the mail if you read this please post your videos here.

I too wish to see this email since I can't find it in youtube or google images ...

This. Plus, if you go the LS route, or just don't want to work with Valkorian, then by rejecting his power you get stabbed through the freaking stomach by Arcann. I don't know if you know much about stomach wounds, but they're usually pretty debilitating, if not outright fatal. And considering that a lightsaber is like a molten bar of metal and laser, the fact that the Outlander didn't die is a miracle, and a testament to their own strength and endurance, although there's a good chance that Valkorian tried to keep them kicking as well.

If you play as Inquisitor you know that force ghosts that are bound to you (pretty sure Valkorion is bound....although he probably have some way to unbound himself...or maybe he just plan to outlive you) can ressurect you back to life if you die (which as SI you do once or twice:) )...

...so....I want to reach that part with my new sorceress just in case, but I am pretty sure there was no response ''Well ofcourse!'' when Lana and Koth express what a miracle your survival was...

...it make sense for our other force users to react as they do...

I agree that Arcann has probably explosive force potential inherited from his father, but I still don't think that he should be able to outperform the outlander in combat.

And when I write combat I mean lightsaber dueling. Not force powers.

I agree with Deshiel...what is frustrating about the Outlander's weakness is not that he/she loses vs Arcann (and I assume Vaylin will wipe the floor with us:) )...and arguably Senya...but that he/she is acting/fighting like an apprentice...

...a scene where our Outlander (or at least our JK or SW) is getting the upper hand in the lightsaber duel but the Arcann go ''Enough!'' and just overwhelm us with the Force will be great. It won't leave me with ''*** I am doing?!'' because my char is fighting like he/she have never held a lightsaber (or vibrosword I guess:) )...

Edited by Saelinne

I too wish to see this email since I can't find it in youtube or google images ...

If you play as Inquisitor you know that force ghosts that are bound to you (pretty sure Valkorion is bound....although he probably have some way to unbound himself...or maybe he just plan to outlive you) can ressurect you back to life if you die (which as SI you do once or twice:) )...

...so....I want to reach that part with my new sorceress just in case, but I am pretty sure there was no response ''Well ofcourse!'' when Lana and Koth express what a miracle your survival was...

...it make sense for our other force users to react as they do...

I agree with Deshiel...what is frustrating about the Outlander's weakness is not that he/she loses vs Arcann (and I assume Vaylin will wipe the floor with us:) )...and arguably Senya...but that he/she is acting/fighting like an apprentice...

...a scene where our Outlander (or at least our JK or SW) is getting the upper hand in the lightsaber duel but the Arcann go ''Enough!'' and just overwhelm us with the Force will be great. It won't leave me with ''*** I am doing?!'' because my char is fighting like he/she have never held a lightsaber (or vibrosword I guess:) )...

It makes sense for Arcaan to out do us in light sabre combat, he's been trained to do so. Though I do admt the cutscene makes us look really stupid.

Also...Just to mention...Valkorion is not bound. And he might just decide the leave you.

Also...Just to mention...Valkorion is not bound. And he might just decide the leave you.

...yes I know that we didn't perform a ritual to bound him as we did in the SI story but....to me it looks like Valkorion is in our head...or aura if you prefer (or whatever force ghosts that are bound to you go) as he say that the time is not really stopped when he offer us power - which I take it to mean we are merely thinking and not in a time stopped bubble of some outside's entity (as I understand it the Emperor/Valkorion is entity and no longer a mortal man...maybe I should start using ''it'') :)

...anyway is there some codex that contradict this? Or do you have another reason to be so certain?

...yes I know that we didn't perform a ritual to bound him as we did in the SI story but....to me it looks like Valkorion is in our head...or aura if you prefer (or whatever force ghosts that are bound to you go) as he say that the time is not really stopped when he offer us power - which I take it to mean we are merely thinking and not in a time stopped bubble of some outside's entity (as I understand it the Emperor/Valkorion is entity and no longer a mortal man...maybe I should start using ''it'') :)

...anyway is there some codex that contradict this? Or do you have another reason to be so certain?

I've been down in the mines.

Plus, Valkorion is overpowered to all hell, I doubt the INquisitor is powerful enough to bind him.

I've been down in the mines.

Plus, Valkorion is overpowered to all hell, I doubt the INquisitor is powerful enough to bind him.

I doubt it too, but I can hope we are given the choice to try:)

...plus even if the SI succeed I don't doubt Valkorion will have a plan B ready....

Valkorion possesed us.

Certain combination of choices reveals that in chapter 8. The only difference is that he needs more than just one body to remove Arcann and Vaylin from power and nobody would follow him, nobody would build an alliance for him if he straight up stole the outlander's body cuz Lana would sense it.

So he just sits back and works as an advisor and power source, unless you disobey him after previously accepting his aid. He completely takes over and controls the outlander.

He needs a body to channel his powers throught but he also believes that the chances of defeating arcann and Vaylin together are much better if he leaves the outlander his complete free will as he said to us in chapter 1 that he grew to respect and admire the outlander for his abilities.

Edited by Deshiel

Valkorion possesed us.

Certain combination of choices reveals that in chapter 8. The only difference is that he needs more than just one body to remove Arcann and Vaylin from power and nobody would follow him, nobody would build an alliance for him if he straight up stole the outlander's body cuz Lana would sense it.

So he just sits back and works as an advisor and power source, unless you disobey him after previously accepting his aid. He completely takes over and controls the outlander.

He needs a body to channel his powers throught but he also believes that the chances of defeating arcann and Vaylin together are much better if he leaves the outlander his complete free will as he said to us in chapter 1 that he grew to respect and admire the outlander for his abilities.

Eh I am not certain ''possess'' is the right word (as that allude to being able to control us...which he seems to be unable to do unless we allow him via our actions)...but maybe neither is ''bound'' as that is just the opposite and we certainly can't control him...maybe:)

...although if I am not mistaken if you convince the ghosts to help you as a SI (opposite to just binding them and taking their power by force) they are still considered bound, although they very much have free will....

..or is it possible for possession without domination of some kind? Just some very intimate connection....bah now I am just confusing myself...I suppose the word doesn't really matter:)