Rishi datacron

Kenatelli

I collected all 3 of the Datapacks from the Elite Grophets, used them to get the debuff, clicked the skull to get the debuff, then went to town and clicked the next item in town to get the next debuff, and when I went to the rock formation to click the rock to get scanned by the two skulls, the rock WILL NOT let me click it to activate the last step to get the datacrons. I spent hours and hours this morning to complete this, just to have it bugged/glitched and not get the datacrons. :mad: Edited by Kenatelli

There was no blue beam going to the final location and the two skulls was NOT scanning/lit up. However; I did try this again a few hours later and managed to get the final rock to explode. But, I did NOT get the stat buff added to my characters from the datacrons and I did NOT get the codex for them. The codex numbers for them are 90, 91, 92 and 93. I have all the entries for the others in the game up to codex 89 (Minus the codex entries that are only for the opposite faction).

There was no blue beam going to the final location and the two skulls was NOT scanning/lit up. However; I did try this again a few hours later and managed to get the final rock to explode. But, I did NOT get the stat buff added to my characters from the datacrons and I did NOT get the codex for them. The codex numbers for them are 90, 91, 92 and 93. I have all the entries for the others in the game up to codex 89 (Minus the codex entries that are only for the opposite faction).

Contemplative: Then it is as I thought. The fix they supposedly implemented has broken it even more.

Defensive Statement: Which is common when removing bugs, and even more common when your games engine code is a big mess.

Example: If you're familiar with KotOR 2 and how it was kind of broken, you should have seen it in its entirety. It was worse than what players saw. And fixing it was a huge undertaking, let alone restoring what was cut due to Obsidian being rushed by E. A. (I think it was E. A.). I watched the TSL restoration teams attempt it and fall apart because of the immense task. The TSLRCM crew are the only ones to restart the restoration from scratch, and I can say that they ran into so many problems, even with all of the tools and data needed.

Thought Provoking Statement: If that game was trouble to fix with the simple code it has, you can only imagine what BioWare has to deal with on a considerably larger scale with the added obstacle of it costing money to test.

Statement: Back to the issue you've come across, a couple of my guild mates have had the same issue. I thought they didn't see it increase their stats any, but they watched as nothing happened.

Conclusion: The only answer is that it is bugged.

Statement: I was going to attempt it, but between the bugs and the even worse Grophet camping, I'm not going to do it. If the Grophets didn't have a mere 5-10% CHANCE to spawn, I'd at least get the packets and wait. But not with those odds.

Consolation: If we HK units can wait for years to take down our target, you meatbags can surely wait a month at the very most to have your little problems fixed. Patience is it's own reward.

Contemplative: Then it is as I thought. The fix they supposedly implemented has broken it even more.

Defensive Statement: Which is common when removing bugs, and even more common when your games engine code is a big mess.

Example: If you're familiar with KotOR 2 and how it was kind of broken, you should have seen it in its entirety. It was worse than what players saw. And fixing it was a huge undertaking, let alone restoring what was cut due to Obsidian being rushed by E. A. (I think it was E. A.). I watched the TSL restoration teams attempt it and fall apart because of the immense task. The TSLRCM crew are the only ones to restart the restoration from scratch, and I can say that they ran into so many problems, even with all of the tools and data needed.

Thought Provoking Statement: If that game was trouble to fix with the simple code it has, you can only imagine what BioWare has to deal with on a considerably larger scale with the added obstacle of it costing money to test.

Statement: Back to the issue you've come across, a couple of my guild mates have had the same issue. I thought they didn't see it increase their stats any, but they watched as nothing happened.

Conclusion: The only answer is that it is bugged.

Statement: I was going to attempt it, but between the bugs and the even worse Grophet camping, I'm not going to do it. If the Grophets didn't have a mere 5-10% CHANCE to spawn, I'd at least get the packets and wait. But not with those odds.

Consolation: If we HK units can wait for years to take down our target, you meatbags can surely wait a month at the very most to have your little problems fixed. Patience is it's own reward.

I take it you RP an HK droid

Admittedly it tends to be something else that breaks, but obviously not always. Too many people in this community don't understand that this happens all the time in all sorts of coding (even the freshmen C++ class I tutor runs into this, and they're mostly just programming fancy math equations), and it isn't always easy to figure out where the bug is in the first place, let alone fix it. Hopefully BW finds it soon. Same with the new ops that didn't actually get fixed :(