What is the best way to report people in GSF?

daynezillar

There have been some serious nonsense in GSF lately and it's getting worse. Scouts using only blaster taking out fully armored ships in 2-3 hits is ridiculous. Shooting through objects, instant missile locks, and needing 5 gunship shots to take out scouts are becoming more frequent. I'd like to officially report this but not sure the best course action. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

There is no cheating in GSF. Haven't witnessed any in 10,000 games played.

Instant missile locks are likely from seeker mines which are deployed by bombers.

Scouts with burst laser cannons and target telemetry or blaster overcharge can kill ships in 2-3 shots if they get critical hits. With the damage overcharge pickup (red orb) they can do it even faster.

Gunships shooting through walls is due to the gunship using advanced strafing moves. Hold shift and WASD to strafe. The lag can make it look like they shot through a wall, but they're really just strafing/shooting with high precision.

Missing multiple shots vs. Scouts is due to the game mechanic called evasion. The higher the evasion, the less likely you are to win the dice roll and land a shot. Use wingman co-pilot to help against this.

There are plenty of resources on this forum if you want to learn and get better.

Edited by RickDagles

To be honest I also think there might be something going on. I mean im not a good GSF player and play it just for the achievments, but I do have some ships mastered but still get oneshotted many times.

Im just flying and suddenly BOOOOM, mostly without a warning. Now as I said im not skilled as the others are but from my experience I also use a Bomber, Gunship and my targets dont die in 1-2 shots so I really dont get it.

There have been people who claimed they reported me because I "hacked" their systems, firing missiles on them while I disabled their systems. They claimed they could always run their engine maneuvre but when I was around they couldn't.

I told them remote slicing and emp field does that (which isn't used all that often).

Anyways, to answer your question:

Click under the sytem tab on Customer Service to create a ticket and then on "Report a Player".

I would however advice you to ask here what is happening, if you can create a video we can check what is happening before reporting the player(s), chances are that the game is "working as intended".

GSF is riddled with hacks. People don't get it, but it's true.

Being two-shot is a hack, and if I'm in a scout and a gunship kills me with one shot that's cheating. Damage overcharge is BS, some people always seem to get it. Definitely a hack. Bombers are dumb, I shoot at them with my lasers and see yellow "6"es popping up, they're cheating. How don't they take damage? Sometimes I shoot at scouts and miss everything even though I'm right on target - I've reported it but no one does anything. A gunship has hit me at 15.2km, but the toolbar said 15k. Dude's a cheater, and I quit every time I face him. Railgun drones hit me even when I pop disto, what gives?? I might have forgotten some cheats, these are the ones I run into most commonly.

/rant

Edited by Greezt

There have been some serious nonsense in GSF lately and it's getting worse. Scouts using only blaster taking out fully armored ships in 2-3 hits is ridiculous. Shooting through objects, instant missile locks, and needing 5 gunship shots to take out scouts are becoming more frequent. I'd like to officially report this but not sure the best course action. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

As long as the scout doesn't have a full stack of evasion cooldowns it generally shouldn't take a gunship more than 2-3 shots to kill a scout.

For scouts with BLCs and armor piercing plus TT active at short range it's also perfectly normal for there to be crits, and for the crits to be over 1200 damage each. Add in a little secondary weapon damage or previous damage from another attacker and that's easily more damage than the combined shield and hull of a bomber, even with charged plating up.

You might do a bit better if you go to Preferences, turn on Advanced Tooltips, and read the full descriptions of what all the components do when you have the Hangar UI active. Pay particular attention to the level 3, 4, and 5 upgrades.

So the suggestion is L2P.

Instead of struggling on your own though, let people know what server, faction, and time you fly, and ask if anyone can stop by and teach you. The most effective way is if you can stream video to twitch, or record it to youtube, then afterward watch the match while using voice chat to talk with your teacher. That way you both see the same thing at the same time, and you don't have to deal with paying attention to what the teacher says while you're trying to fly.

If your computer can't handle SWTOR and recording or streaming, then the next best thing is to have the mentor fly wing for you and comment over VOIP.

There have been people who claimed they reported me because I "hacked" their systems, firing missiles on them while I disabled their systems. They claimed they could always run their engine maneuvre but when I was around they couldn't.

Rofl, she's annoying like that. ^^

~ Eudoxia

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been accused of this in game... it is not something I have seen myself, other than taking some ion damage in my bomber when I thought I was in cover, which may well be a thing?

But if I am one shotting people in my scout, its certainly not reflected in my kill counts or accuracy rating. And I don't understand how I can one shot anything in a scout... I always fire guns and rocket pods simultaneously. :/

Is it a thing?

Edited by leehambly

Outside of Damage Overcharge, there are a few ways you can be killed very quickly while in any ship.

Multiple mines

Simultaneous rail gun shots from different attackers

Rail gun fire followed quickly or simultaneously by a Blaster Shot

Targeting Telemetry / Blaster Overcharge / Combat command combined with a Burst Laser Cannon shot (easily 2 shot a scout)

Any combination of the above.

Perceptually, players may not realize how many times they have been "Hit" because their UI and Sound will only indicate one red tick or sound of a sizzling Shield while you may have actually been hit four times. This is how gunships are frequently surprised by ships with a quad Pod build (especially as there is no lock on missile to scare them into barrel roll).

It's mostly damage overcharge in TDM. It can do 3x+ damage. There are a bunch of old threads on it. Thus, when you are playing a TDM against vets, they make getting those powerups a very very high priority. Vet Scouts live off of them. They have the engine power to get all around the map to find it, know all the spawn points, and they become superstars when they have it.

This game has no dev team and is full of bugs in general. Some of them have been in the game the entire time it has existed, but all of them are old as the last patch was over 2 years ago now.

Yeah, I have all the DO's memorized and unless someone else has memorized where they spawn, I almost always get to them before anyone else. I also know where all of the off-locations they can spawn are (there's a handful of unusual ones) and can simply look at the minimap and tell where they are.

~ Eudoxia

Yeah, I have all the DO's memorized and unless someone else has memorized where they spawn, I almost always get to them before anyone else. I also know where all of the off-locations they can spawn are (there's a handful of unusual ones) and can simply look at the minimap and tell where they are.

~ Eudoxia

There is no cheating in GSF. Haven't witnessed any in 10,000 games played.

Well, I have about 20,000 games, if there is meant what.:D

For a while there was the problem with the self-induced lag, which caused some ships (mostly bombers) to be very jerky and hard to hit. It has now become very rare. Overall, the cheat situation in GSF is quite relaxed, but to say that it does not occur is nonsense.

Well, I have about 20,000 games, if there is meant what.:D

For a while there was the problem with the self-induced lag, which caused some ships (mostly bombers) to be very jerky and hard to hit. It has now become very rare. Overall, the cheat situation in GSF is quite relaxed, but to say that it does not occur is nonsense.[/quote

The funny this i have noticed people doing alot of 1 shot kills, today alone.

i watched a guy 1 shot my whole team in a domination match in a scout. literally in 8 seconds what 10 people die. from the same player. who seems to be on every part of the map literally from spawn to spawn then from a to c in under 3 seconds.

the other day i saw a guy get 25 kills and 25 assists in a scout in a death match. you tell me there isn't any cheating going on.

the game gets major lag spike when a special person is in the match every time. its like suddenly wave of lagg, then you die, then your partner dies, then all the other members of your team is dead and then lagg stops. . all from the same person..

there are major issues. that needs to be addressed.

the other day i saw a guy get 25 kills and 25 assists in a scout in a death match. you tell me there isn't any cheating going on.

There isn't any cheating going on.

I'd be impressed to see the scorecard from the game if you're not exaggerating though, because as one of three people to hit 47 kills+assists in a TDM, it's not easy. Not impossible, though. Only a matter of circumstance for matches like this one, this one,or this one to happen.

Perhaps you'd be surprised at what you can accomplish in this game without cheating.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

This is not cheating, that is the fault of Bioware to make the Battle Scout far far too strong.

This is not cheating, that is the fault of Bioware to make the Battle Scout far far too strong.

I agree, since it is either cheating or a BS ship, I think it is just a BS ship. Properly built scout is best ship in the game in all catagories: 1.) maneuverability, 2.) damage, 3.) engine burst speed distance. Basically 1 ship is best in all important catagories. All of the other ship types get to split whats left like 1.) Ship that most looks like a garbage scow, 2.) prettiest paint, 3.) Produces the most gas. To be fair here I should say some ships have more armor/defense, but even those die in 1-2 shots from scout so I guess it doesn't matter.

In a deathmatch the scout can be everwhere so it always has a powerup, can immediately be behind you, out maneuver you so you cannot shake him, you cannot out run it, and kill you with about 1 shot.

I know its an old conversation, but Its too bad they didn't balance the ships a bit better, maybe balance that out some. Scouts should hit very very very weak, fighters should hit much harder than they do, and really seems silly you can survive multiple hits from gunship, but not even live 1 second against scout.

So if you want no challenge and never want anyone to confuse you with someone who can dominate a game on level playing field, build a nice battle scout. If you can dominate at some of the other classes: respect.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

To be fair here I should say some ships have more armor/defense, but even those die in 1-2 shots from scout so I guess it doesn't matter.

In a deathmatch the scout can be everwhere so it always has a powerup, can immediately be behind you, out maneuver you so you cannot shake him, you cannot out run it, and kill you with about 1 shot.

The only time a scout kills in '1-2 shots' is when it has Damage Overcharge, is running BLC, and is probably also hitting you with rockets (so it's not 1-2 shots). If they are running quads, they are hitting you with a garden hose of laser damage that is likely set to generate critical hits and maximize their damage. That is not 1-2 shots, though it happens in a very quick timespan.

What if I told you that there is a weapon that NEVER MISSES a scout that it is aiming at, and will often severely damage a scout or kill one that has weakened shields or some hull damage? That magic weapon also ignores the scout's primary defense, Evasion. It is Railgun Drone from the T2 Bomber. It, also, is not cheating. It is a powerful counter to a powerful ship. Yes, people will try to destroy the drone, as they should. Part of the game is making sure your advantages aren't countered.

Damage Overcharge is powerful, that is its point. Scouts without DO are still powerful, but don't kill things in 1-2 shots. Bombers, particularly, are very survivable and take 5-6 solid hits from BLC/pods to kill. They have lots of tools to get rid of a scout and hang onto a sliver of health. Gunships have tools to escape and be evasive, though usually will fall to a persistent scout unless they are running Feedback Shield and are good with BLC in close. This, too, is by design. Think about what would happen if gunships didn't have to fear scouts. People would probably start calling them OP.

oh wait...

So if you want no challenge and never want anyone to confuse you with someone who can dominate a game on level playing field, build a nice battle scout. If you can dominate at some of the other classes: respect.

So, as usual, this degenerates into "people who use [ship name here] have no skill." Well done, you followed the script to the letter. Way to make an argument and back up your point. No true Scotsman would fly a battle scout!

Learn the game, learn the counters, and recognize both that it takes a lot of skill to perform at a top level in any ship and also that there are people who have such skills. They do not have to cheat or hack.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

The funny this i have noticed people doing alot of 1 shot kills, today alone.

i watched a guy 1 shot my whole team in a domination match in a scout. literally in 8 seconds what 10 people die. from the same player. who seems to be on every part of the map literally from spawn to spawn then from a to c in under 3 seconds.

the game gets major lag spike when a special person is in the match every time. its like suddenly wave of lagg, then you die, then your partner dies, then all the other members of your team is dead and then lagg stops. . all from the same person..

there are major issues. that needs to be addressed.

so, chew, you and I had a little chat last night. at the time I was unaware of the above post. hopefully you don't mind, but I'm going to fill everyone in else on a few details of our discussion.

you described the first situation to me: this was a shipyards dom. an imp (who I happened to be grouped with at the time) appeared at A, vaporized 3 players in a few seconds, capped - then magically warped to C, vaporized 2 more and capped again. all in less than a minute. and without any warning/missile lock tones.

as I mentioned, I grouped with the guy (as I do frequently) and I said I'd get some info about his build. as I told you, he was using BLC and pods. these weapons kill very quickly, can be fired simultaneously (no lock-on time for pods) and don't generate lock tones. three players in a few seconds still seems quick - is it possible the time frame might have been exaggerated a little? perhaps it was 10-15 seconds?

I also theorized the player was running booster recharge - and that was in fact the case. as the name implies, this systems component will give you considerably more engine power upon activation. this player was able to take care of business at A, hit booster recharge, hold that space bar down until he got to C...and finish the job.

so, between his weapons and systems selections, the scenario you described can be explained by the mechanics of GSF. no hacks required. the guy is good, no doubt, and he doesn't have to cheat to win.

I can't speak to the 25 kill/25 assist TDM thing. we didn't discuss that. if you ever witness such an event again, please try to take a screenshot or at least remember the pilot's name. that would be a performance for the record books.

my primary takeaway from our chat was that you were incredibly frustrated. the sequence described above occurred in a game you lost 1000-6, which came on the heels of several similarly terrible losses against many of the same imps. I get it - I would've been frustrated too. I've been in that situation so I know exactly how it feels. I think your post was borne of frustration more than anything else. the real problem, which admittedly I contributed to, was stacking imp side. it's a problem noted by a bunch of JC people recently, not just you, and it's a side effect of GC/CXP. a couple of us from that group have decided to make an effort to swap factions more frequently in the future. maybe we can help balance the scales a bit.

ultimately, I think learning the mechanics of GSF - getting a really firm grasp of its nuances - will help you a lot. you know your way around a gunship, and the particular scout build you use, but you don't know the details of the myriad of other component choices your enemies may select. figuring out how player X melted your face in three seconds is the first step towards averting a repeat of the same situation. GSF is deceptively complex, and gaining a deep understanding of the game is a long hard road. to that end, always feel free to quiz me about anything, or Oscar, or just holler out in /gsf. if at all possible, we want to help avert the kind of frustration you experienced yesterday.

The only report-worthy actions in GSF I've seen lately are the people who contribute absolutely nothing during the entire match... 1k damage over 12 minutes, 2 deaths by flying out of the area, 400 CXP gained.

I'm rusty. Reeeeeeeally rusty. I've had matches like that. It's a rare match that I don't run into a wall or superstructure. Most of my ships are more or less stock so my weapons don't have a lot of punch. A good match for me is 3 medals. If it's a TDM match then I'm pretty much guaranteed to get 0.

My takeaway is that basically you want to punish new and returning folks.

I know the type you're trying to target but how many of them persist? Is it always the same set of pilots? IMO even suiciding out of spite gets old really quick. I suspect those folks last about a week and then move on to other things or games.

Things like this made me quit GSF so long. I just didn't want to get one-shotted all of the time, I just didn't have the stamina for that.

Well, I found my joy elsewhere in SWTOR, although most of that is gone now.

GSF is like the vague German proverb "nur die Harten kommen in den Garten".

People, on the other hand, seem to really, really like to be able to "oneshot" others in PvP : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913204

I guess that there is some joy in getting others down as fast as possible.