TRE 1v1 Tournament 14th Jan: URC #9 - THRILL OF THE HUNT!

snave

1v1 Tournament 14th January - The Red Eclipse (EU) 7pm GMT

Just when you thought opening random packs had maxed out your thrill levels The Ultimate Regstar Championship is back with an Ultimate RNG Championship special!

URC 8 was the pinnacle in rule refinement over a 2 year period resulting in the most balanced tournament we've seen to date. This one is going to be an absolute clown fiesta! Due to the thrilling changes to gear and class balance, it's now pretty much impossible so we're going to embrace the thrilling hunt and drop most of the rules! I recommend you have a read through them before signing up.

It's still going to be first come first served (with plenty of space for standby players) but please understand that we want to make this the best tournament possible so some places may be jiggled around but I will do my best to keep the first signups in place. If I get 40 mercs and 54 operatives signing up then I'm going to cap the number of entries for those classes but I'm hoping we'll see some diversity in the class distribution and I'm thrilled about seeing who hunts for spots!

For prizes we have a bunch of cartel coins up for grabs courtesy the lovely people at bioware, we also have a load of random prizes and the winners will not be receiving a set reward - instead, we're going to thrill them with random prizes from our prize pool.

If people have any credits / cartel things they'd like to donate please let me know in game - any donations for prizes would be greatly appreciated and recognised during the broadcast.

If you're looking to see what the events are like we have links here. These are abridged events made by the amazingly talented Skyrush and even if you aren't taking part I strongly suggest you check his youtube channel out:

URC #1 -8 Playlist:

The tournament will be held in the Nar Shadda stronghold. I understand the LOS isn't perfect, I understand leap doesn't work perfectly, take the issue up with bioware. This also means that there will be a gear disparity between combatants. Guys this is a feature to make the duels extra thrilling! Will skill triumph over gear? Thrilling!

The format will be completely open. No brackets for ranged / melee / stealth. The only rule for the stealth classes is no starting in stealth for the stealth vs stealth duels seeing as they now have a passive +20 levels and no one would ever find each other. OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND - I have to keep this rule to prevent another 30-minute healing fiesta.

I'll probably introduce some rules for future tournaments but I'm looking forward to an old fashioned throw down between all the classes for a change.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: THIS IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE RIGHT NOW IF SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP THAT IS MORE ELEGANT I WILL CHANGE THIS.

32 spots are available for now, we'll do our best to accommodate everyone but we reserve the right to make some adjustments to the format if necessary.

Ultimate Regstar Championship #9 - THRILL OF THE HUNT!

Rules: IF YOU SIGN UP WE EXPECT YOU AT TO BE ONLINE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE START-UP TIME. If you are not present you may lose by default

Date: Saturday 14th Jan 2017 - 7pm GMT

Location: Nar Shadda Stronghold (competitors will be invited)

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will all receive prizes

Pre Show hype - 6pm GMT: https://www.twitch.tv/snave1208

URC #8: https://www.twitch.tv/snave1208

Signup Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0bVaKF8ESvgy-fN7TRf9cpDdGYtB7GMeSoIR278miA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone who would like to donate credits / prizes for the tournament please get in touch with in game: Snave - The Red Eclipse or via PM on the forums

Prize Pool so far:

2400 Cartel Coin codes

450 Cartel Coin codes

Pet codes

Random Decorations

Random Companion Aquisitions

Random Cartel Packs

Random Tunings

Random Armour

Random Mounts

Unlimited Thrill Hunting!

Credit Pool: 1 BILLION CREDITS

We'll also be giving away more random thrilling prizes to the audience wathcing live!

Mechanics:

*Initial fights will be randomly assigned.

*Format will be 1 x Knockout rounds, rest is best of 3, Best of 5 for the finals.

Rules:

*Only one character sign up per person.

*DPS specs only - NO TANK SPECS

*No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.

*Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.

*Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.

*Server transfers are welcome to sign up

*No companions / external help

*OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND

The format and rules are subject to change. Any changes will be made as visible as possible.

If you're interested please type the character your wish to enter on / class / spec / faction below and I'll update the spreadsheet as we go along.

FOR EXAMPLE : SNAVE / OPERATIVE / CONCEALMENT / EMPIRE

Out of respect, please do not restream, rehost or rebroadcast this event. Participants doing so will be removed from the event.

WHO WILL BECOME THE ULTIMATE THRILL HUNTER!

Edited by snave

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill have jack all gear, but what gives..

Evolixe | Shadow | Infiltration | Republic

\o/

p.s. It's been a while since I duelled anyone good outside of regs, will be up for practise so hit me up in-game if you want to have at it :)

Edited by Evolixe

If I may add a suggestion.

Since you already provide a ruleset, which shall prevent duels, including operatives, become too long and too defensive and therefore boring, you may also prohibit the use of Curative Agent/Sly Surrender. It's bugged anyway, and more important, it adds an unfair advantage to the Operatives/Scoundrels toolset.

The only exception should be duels versus Mercs/Commandos, because they are bugged too, since 5.0 launched...

If I may add a suggestion.

Since you already provide a ruleset, which shall prevent duels, including operatives, become too long and too defensive and therefore boring, you may also prohibit the use of Curative Agent/Sly Surrender. It's bugged anyway, and more important, it adds an unfair advantage to the Operatives/Scoundrels toolset.

The only exception should be duels versus Mercs/Commandos, because they are bugged too, since 5.0 launched...

This will most likely happen

1v1 Tournament 14th January - The Red Eclipse (EU) 7pm GMT

Just when you thought opening random packs had maxed out your thrill levels The Ultimate Regstar Championship is back with an Ultimate RNG Championship special!

URC 8 was the pinnacle in rule refinement over a 2 year period resulting in the most balanced tournament we've seen to date. This one is going to be an absolute clown fiesta! Due to the thrilling changes to gear and class balance, it's now pretty much impossible so we're going to embrace the thrilling hunt and drop most of the rules! I recommend you have a read through them before signing up.

It's still going to be first come first served (with plenty of space for standby players) but please understand that we want to make this the best tournament possible so some places may be jiggled around but I will do my best to keep the first signups in place. If I get 40 mercs and 54 operatives signing up then I'm going to cap the number of entries for those classes but I'm hoping we'll see some diversity in the class distribution and I'm thrilled about seeing who hunts for spots!

For prizes we have a bunch of cartel coins up for grabs courtesy the lovely people at bioware, we also have a load of random prizes and the winners will not be receiving a set reward - instead, we're going to thrill them with random prizes from our prize pool.

If people have any credits / cartel things they'd like to donate please let me know in game - any donations for prizes would be greatly appreciated and recognised during the broadcast.

If you're looking to see what the events are like we have links here. These are abridged events made by the amazingly talented Skyrush and even if you aren't taking part I strongly suggest you check his youtube channel out:

URC #1 -8 Playlist:

The tournament will be held in the Nar Shadda stronghold. I understand the LOS isn't perfect, I understand leap doesn't work perfectly, take the issue up with bioware. This also means that there will be a gear disparity between combatants. Guys this is a feature to make the duels extra thrilling! Will skill triumph over gear? Thrilling!

The format will be completely open. No brackets for ranged / melee / stealth. The only rule for the stealth classes is no starting in stealth for the stealth vs stealth duels seeing as they now have a passive +20 levels and no one would ever find each other. OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND - I have to keep this rule to prevent another 30-minute healing fiesta.

I'll probably introduce some rules for future tournaments but I'm looking forward to an old fashioned throw down between all the classes for a change.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: THIS IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE RIGHT NOW IF SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP THAT IS MORE ELEGANT I WILL CHANGE THIS.

32 spots are available for now, we'll do our best to accommodate everyone but we reserve the right to make some adjustments to the format if necessary.

Ultimate Regstar Championship #9 - THRILL OF THE HUNT!

Rules: IF YOU SIGN UP WE EXPECT YOU AT TO BE ONLINE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE START-UP TIME. If you are not present you may lose by default

Date: Saturday 14th Jan 2017 - 7pm GMT

Location: Nar Shadda Stronghold (competitors will be invited)

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will all receive prizes

Pre Show hype - 6pm GMT: https://www.twitch.tv/snave1208

URC #8: https://www.twitch.tv/snave1208

Signup Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0bVaKF8ESvgy-fN7TRf9cpDdGYtB7GMeSoIR278miA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone who would like to donate credits / prizes for the tournament please get in touch with in game: Snave - The Red Eclipse or via PM on the forums

Prize Pool so far:

2400 Cartel Coin codes

450 Cartel Coin codes

Pet codes

Random Decorations

Random Companion Aquisitions

Random Cartel Packs

Random Tunings

Random Armour

Random Mounts

Unlimited Thrill Hunting!

Credit Pool: O credits

We'll also be giving away more random thrilling prizes to the audience wathcing live!

Mechanics:

*Initial fights will be randomly assigned.

*Format will be 1 x Knockout rounds, rest is best of 3, Best of 5 for the finals.

Rules:

*Only one character sign up per person.

*DPS specs only - NO TANK SPECS

*No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.

*Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.

*Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.

*Server transfers are welcome to sign up

*No companions / external help

*OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND

The format and rules are subject to change. Any changes will be made as visible as possible.

If you're interested please type the character your wish to enter on / class / spec / faction below and I'll update the spreadsheet as we go along.

FOR EXAMPLE : SNAVE / OPERATIVE / CONCEALMENT / EMPIRE

Out of respect, please do not restream, rehost or rebroadcast this event. Participants doing so will be removed from the event.

WHO WILL BECOME THE ULTIMATE THRILL HUNTER!

Bad idea, you can't disrespect one class with limitations, esp 1 vanish per round lol, are you joking? + everyone knows that merc will win.... Todays class balance is awful