OSSUS Gear - Experimental Gear Mods, Armourings and Enhancements

DarthBryn

I purchased Experimental Main Hand & Off Hand from the Vendor pulled the Mods ect from the item to put in Legacy Main Hand & Off Hand and noticed that the Mods, Barrell and Enhancements where tied to the original Item Slot. I.e I could not put the MH Mod in the OH Mod slot or move it to my legs it would only go into the Main Hand.

Please do not make the Mods and Enhancements bound to original Item Slot.

Edited by DarthBryn

It has always been that way with the Armor modification, this is nothing new. You have always had to move armor modifications to the same piece. Head to Head, Chest to Chest. etc.

Armorings, yes. Not mods nor enhancements. It would be good to get some clarification from the OP about to which slots he's referring.

Armorings, yes. Not mods nor enhancements. It would be good to get some clarification from the OP about to which slots he's referring.

To clarify, I have only seen this on The Experimental Gear Main Hand and Offhand, nothing else is currently available (Other than Relics), also can’t get Masterwork yet on the PTS due to Reputation requirement.

Main Hand Barrel, Mod and Enhancement where all bound to the main hand and similarly the Offhand Barrel, Mod and Enhancement where all bound to the offhand.

So, for Example and the piece that worries me the most from a gearing point of view is The Enhancement. Advanced Adept Enhancement 57, Bound Main Hand (Ranged). The Mod, Advanced Lethal Mod 57, Bound Main Hand (Ranged).

To clarify, I have only seen this on The Experimental Gear Main Hand and Offhand, nothing else is currently available (Other than Relics), also can’t get Masterwork yet on the PTS due to Reputation requirement.

Main Hand Barrel, Mod and Enhancement where all bound to the main hand and similarly the Offhand Barrel, Mod and Enhancement where all bound to the offhand.

So, for Example and the piece that worries me the most from a gearing point of view is The Enhancement. Advanced Adept Enhancement 57, Bound Main Hand (Ranged). The Mod, Advanced Lethal Mod 57, Bound Main Hand (Ranged).

That does represent a change from the past.. but it does make some sense as it inhibits moving mods to a slot based item you do not currently have in the new tier. Note: I am not defending what you are seeing, just saying that it is not completely illogical.

That said....it could just be a simplification or bug on PTS... so report it and see what they say.

Edited by Andryah

I just ran into same issue, but seeing that we aren't meant to be here as of yet anyway, holding judgement. If this does stick and go for every piece and we are stuck with 2 Accuracy Enhancements in Boots and Gloves, well that is gonna suck. Edited by -Highsteel-

That does represent a change from the past.. but it does make some sense as it inhibits moving mods to a slot based item you do not currently have in the new tier. Note: I am not defending what you are seeing, just saying that it is not completely illogical.

That said....it could just be a simplification or bug on PTS... so report it and see what they say.

/facepalm

It is completely illogical. In fact it throws min-maxing out of the window. Please don't comment if you don't understand how gearing and min-maxing works only to defend the studio.

And it will make gearing up much longer and grindy than they’ve alrealy planned to make it.

If this is their intention, they really want people to quit or they just don’t understand grinding to the extreme is not fun for anyone,

Dear Dev team,

Reasons for mods and enhancements to NOT be bound to a specific piece:

• People like to micromanage their slots (some even enjoy it) -- it adds complexity.
  • Pulling mods/enhancements is a credit sink.
  • Tanks prefer B mods (typically).
  • Gear slots should not be static -- that's just lazy!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

And it will make gearing up much longer and grindy than they’ve alrealy planned to make it.

If this is their intention, they really want people to quit or they just don’t understand grinding to the extreme is not fun for anyone,

Honestly... looking broadly at everything they are doing gear wise with 5.10 the studio seems to be on a path to make BiS more rarefied in terms of obtaining it. The problem being.. in the past.. they have made access to BiS notably easier in this MMO then it is in many other MMOs. Once you give players some low hanging fruit.. they rarely want to climb the tree to get higher hanging fruit without ranting and raging about it.

That said.. this could simply be a bug, or a rogue developer in action, and it will get addressed before patch goes live. I do agree that the studio needs to step up and state unambiguously if this is intended or a bug.... sooner rather then later because some players who resist change are on a hair trigger over every little nuance they don't like in 5.10.

Honestly... looking broadly at everything they are doing gear wise with 5.10 the studio seems to be on a path to make BiS more rarefied in terms of obtaining it. The problem being.. in the past.. they have made access to BiS notably easier in this MMO then it is in many other MMOs. Once you give players some low hanging fruit.. they rarely want to climb the tree to get higher hanging fruit without ranting and raging about it.

That said.. this could simply be a bug, or a rogue developer in action, and it will get addressed before patch goes live. I do agree that the studio needs to step up and state unambiguously if this is intended or a bug.... sooner rather then later because some players who resist change are on a hair trigger over every little nuance they don't like in 5.10.

The only precedent for this behavior is with hilts/barrels/armorings, and it’s been abandoned for over three years. I mean, they even threw the community a bone by making set boni stack from 192 armorings and beyond. There’s a lot to be discouraged about regarding crafting or otherwise obtaining 258 gear but this additional step, if intended, is needlessly punitive. There is such a throttle on the gearing as it appears on PTS now this is just cruel, if intentional.

Ah they just applied the Battlemaster bags without the bags. Ah the golden days of PvP gearing where you got 6 battlemaster bags and got the same six pieces of gear when you opened the six bags! Hurrah

What I mean is this is the new gimmick to keep you from gearing at a reasonable quick time played

Edited by Atalantia