Crafting on PTS

PrometheanDeath

This is a personal note on the new high tier crafting but the prices are extremely high and also rather illogical. Needing 24, 28, or even 36 Charged Matter Catalysts to craft gear made to complete the "New PVE content" and we must use the Ranked PVP mats to make them. Think I can vouch for everyone but if you were to check anyone's inventory, be it legacy bank or physical characters an account might have maybe 2 CMTs per 100 Encrypted memory cores which is the Pve material used for almost nothing, so why not use them for this gear meant for the "New PVE content" instead of these PVP mats? Edited by PrometheanDeath

I have to agree here since the Charged Matter Catalysts are mats that you get from PVP and rest is from PVE so this way a player has to do ranked and Master Mode GotM to be able to craft the gear. Is that really teh intention? If you have pure PVE players or pure PVP players, niether can get the gear just by doing what they like in the game.

I concur with the other folks. I would much rather see the PVE material that is already in game used vs the purposed Ranked PVP material. Prior to 5.0 materials for augs gear and crafting were never placed in PVP. PVP players would buy augments off the GTN because a lot of folks did PVE content. Can we not have the Ranked Material be the choice for when this goes live. Thanks Edited by OasisKid

I see no problem including the PvP mat if they're also going to make PvPers do PvE for the gear. I think the whole system is bad but that's fair enough. The amount as it currently is for the CMTs is crazy though. It seems like they just really want people to blow credits buying this stuff.

I don't like the idea of craftable full set tier gear at all honestly. If they want crafters to have something to do maybe just make the mods and enchancements craftable but not the armorings. They could sell them to people who want to switch out the defaults and rich people would still buy them to get better stats faster.

I see no problem including the PvP mat if they're also going to make PvPers do PvE for the gear. I think the whole system is bad but that's fair enough. The amount as it currently is for the CMTs is crazy though. It seems like they just really want people to blow credits buying this stuff.

I don't like the idea of craftable full set tier gear at all honestly. If they want crafters to have something to do maybe just make the mods and enchancements craftable but not the armorings. They could sell them to people who want to switch out the defaults and rich people would still buy them to get better stats faster.

I wish this gear just dropped from NiM period. It would be better than it being crafted, but having a PvP mat tied to gear that exists specifically because of a NiM raid tier makes no sense. PvPers don't need this gear, it's for clearing NiM GFTM. Wanting and needing are 2 different things.

Edited by DarthCognusSion

I totally agree with this person.

I wish this gear just dropped from NiM period. It would be better than it being crafted, but having a PvP mat tied to gear that exists specifically because of a NiM raid tier makes no sense. PvPers don't need this gear, it's for clearing NiM GFTM. Wanting and needing are 2 different things.

This new gearing method is problematic, it is a bad system, i wish we had 4.0 gearing system with separate gear for pve and pvp but now, from the moment that this gear can be used in pvp and it will be the best pvp gear as well, then pvpers need this gear too.

The amount of mats needed for crafting this gear are insanely high and should be reduced to some degree, but come on, raiders will be making billions from selling this gear on GTN. I am sure they can spare a few millions to buy the pvp mats...that or farm group ranked to get the mats. Every pvper will farm pve content in order to get that gear, pvers will do the same i guess, it's only fair.

Raiders can only sell the gear if we can get the mats in the first place, and quite a majority of raiders specifically raid to not do pvp cause of how toxic ranked pvp can get. And we can't get the millions to sell said gear if we are forced to play ranked for days on end to just feed the real rank groups, might as well quit at that point. In any way, all players are going to farm the new daily planet to get the gear, and just chance with command crates for the NiM GftM drops, so pvp players are at the advantage yet again to getting gear that was specifically made to complete the new pve content, no sense at all.

I have to agree here since the Charged Matter Catalysts are mats that you get from PVP and rest is from PVE so this way a player has to do ranked and Master Mode GotM to be able to craft the gear. Is that really teh intention? If you have pure PVE players or pure PVP players, niether can get the gear just by doing what they like in the game.

And you only have the most elite players in the game able to craft. They will become mega rich. Is that the intention? To create a class of mega rich MM elite players who won’t even need to craft for themselves because whole gear pieces drop for them in MM.

Only a very small percentage of the player base play MM or even veteran OPs or are good enough for either.

What about pvpers? It seems Bioware don’t care about pvpers at all because the super rich and MM players will be able to dominate them in pvp with this gear.

It seems totally ridiculous that this crafting is locked behind playing master mode and ranked combined. All pvpers need access to this gear if the super rich or MM players can wear it in pvp and it will be a prerequisite in ranked to be competitive. It will totally destroy the reg pvp enjoyment and only cause people to quit.

The only conclusion is Bioware want insane prices on the GTN so people buy Cartel Coins to buy gear to sell to these mega rich players on the GTN. It becomes a de-facto pay to win system. It’s EA’s way around all the uproar about paid RNG boxes and p2w in other games. Hide it in a round about way and you can get white knights to defend you because it’s not direct p2w as it’s usually defined (it’s rather brilliant and devious if that’s the intention)

I’ve made a complete thread in the gen section that outlines how this is going to have a massive negative affect on the whole game. I just hope Bioware are reading this feed back and look at the logical conclusions I’ve arrived at and revise this gearing system to be more fair : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=955056

Wrong!!!!... pvpers will actually need this gear because NiM mode players will be able to wear it in pvp.

As long as one group of players have access to wear it in pvp, then all players need access to it.

You can not give one group of players an unfair advantage over another group.

It’s why expertise was so important in the old pvp gear because PvE Raiders always had higher stat gear being added to clear increasingly difficult content. The expertise leveled the playing field or swung it back in favour of the pvpers if people wore NiM gear in pvp matches or tried to jump pvp geared people in OW.

Bioware also made it fast to get the pvp gear so that the PvE guys who wanted to pvp, weren’t too disadvantage for long because they could gear up in 1-2 weeks.

Bioware

Bioware greatest gear mistake was removing pvp gear because now we have this exact problem they added expertise for in the first place. They keep repeating the same mistakes.

There are only 4 options as I see it,

1. Bolster every pvper to 258 while in pvp and that removes any gear advantage the NiM players would have.

2. Make wearing the 258 gear impossible in pvp.

3. Allow pvpers an easier and faster way to obtain the gear.

4. Reverse Bolster 258 gear to 248 gear.

Must have forgotten a couple things, to get charged matter catalysts one must do ranked pvp, filled by toxic players, or premade groups designed to destroy all competition, game throwers, and the like or even all combined. However to get encrypted memory cores you can simply do the daily groupfinder or master mode FPs on the day of the week they are bonus, not needing to be a top notch player to complete these. Both materials also dropping from command crates, but oddly enough encrypted memory cores win again by dropping a lot more frequently than CMTs.

Also can mention to scrap the crafting idea anyway and go with the Masterwork data crystal farm, completing most weekly missions, New daily area weekly, and surprise surprise turn in unassembled components for them. They are called pvp components for a reason, because they are easily farmable in pvp with some players this second having 40k+ components saved just to get their new gear this way. So as before, pvp players still have the advantage in gearing, and there should be no crying over pvp players being neglected, especially after the latest additions to the game from maps to the SH itself.

This new gearing method is problematic, it is a bad system, i wish we had 4.0 gearing system with separate gear for pve and pvp but now, from the moment that this gear can be used in pvp and it will be the best pvp gear as well, then pvpers need this gear too.

That is exactly what we need and the Comms should be obtainable in all pvp brackets like they use to be. And it should as fast as before so we can all pvp on a lvl playing field and not have gear wars and gear gods.

Then Bioware can go nuts with the pve MM gear grinders and crafters. They can keep upping the gear lvl for Raiders when ever they add harder content and that won’t affect pvpers.

Pvpers will also still need Augments, so crafters would still have a purpose for pvpers. It’s a win-win for everyone because pvpers will play pvp regardless of grind or no grind. We don’t need a grind to pvp. We play for the enjoyment.

The more grind and unfair gear sistuation for some players makes people play less or just quit.

Bringing back the old gear system would actually be beneficial for pvp and would bring a lot of pvp players back who left over the change in pvp gearing.

Wrong!!!!... pvpers will actually need this gear because NiM mode players will be able to wear it in pvp.

As long as one group of players have access to wear it in pvp, then all players need access to it.

You can not give one group of players an unfair advantage over another group.

It’s why expertise was so important in the old pvp gear because PvE Raiders always had higher stat gear being added to clear increasingly difficult content. The expertise leveled the playing field or swung it back in favour of the pvpers if people wore NiM gear in pvp matches or tried to jump pvp geared people in OW.

Bioware also made it fast to get the pvp gear so that the PvE guys who wanted to pvp, weren’t too disadvantage for long because they could gear up in 1-2 weeks.

Bioware

Bioware greatest gear mistake was removing pvp gear because now we have this exact problem they added expertise for in the first place. They keep repeating the same mistakes.

There are only 4 options as I see it,

1. Bolster every pvper to 258 while in pvp and that removes any gear advantage the NiM players would have.

2. Make wearing the 258 gear impossible in pvp.

3. Allow pvpers an easier and faster way to obtain the gear.

4. Reverse Bolster 258 gear to 248 gear.

The gear is a luxury and both players have access to it, just in different ways. Ultimately though the gear is not a game-changing edge when there are no class changes, and a player who knows their class in pvp is where you see masters, not cause of gear difference.

Also can mention to scrap the crafting idea anyway and go with the Masterwork data crystal farm, completing most weekly missions, New daily area weekly, and surprise surprise turn in unassembled components for them. They are called pvp components for a reason, because they are easily farmable in pvp with some players this second having 40k+ components saved just to get their new gear this way. So as before, pvp players still have the advantage in gearing, and there should be no crying over pvp players being neglected, especially after the latest additions to the game from maps to the SH itself.

Let me refute those points you made.

A. Pvpers don’t do MM flashpoints. So there’s one weekly they won’t get done.

B. “Some players with 40k UCs” doesn’t = all pvpers. I only have 2000 and I know lots of people haven’t geared to 248 yet and have hardly any UCs because they’ve been trying to gear up multiple Alts.

C. The UCs handed in have an inflation amount everytime you use them. 500/1000/2000/10000?

D. Pvpers are neglected because we will not be able to gear fast and if we don’t play pve, it will take 12 months of grinding UCs to gear one character.

E. Not everyone wants to play in a SH. Actually hardly anybody is because it’s bugged and has lots of Desync.

G. For Pvpers, our new content when there is a drought (like 99% of the time for pvp) is playing other classes. When we can not play other classes, it’s worse than you getting no content for 3 months.

Edited by Totemdancer

The gear is a luxury and both players have access to it, just in different ways. Ultimately though the gear is not a game-changing edge when there are no class changes, and a player who knows their class in pvp is where you see masters, not cause of gear difference.

Edited out and changed : removed so as not to argue in a feed back thread.

Edited by Totemdancer

Honestly your comments alone prove my point. A clear pvp player focusing on antagonizing, especially with your "edit" post for mockery. There's no point arguing because that wasn't the intent of this thread, it was to give attention to the illogical setup their planned crafting is. This gear wouldn't exist without NiM GftM and using pvp materials just proves that the devs know the pve materials are useless to use so why bother even having them? Easily agree though combining both sides using the same gear was a terrible plan, but now including both types of mats is just adding insult to injury of this mistake.

Let me refute those points you made.

A. Pvpers don’t do MM flashpoints. So there’s one weekly they won’t get done.

B. “Some players with 40k UCs” doesn’t = all pvpers. I only have 2000 and I know lots of people haven’t geared to 248 yet and have hardly any UCs because they’ve been trying to gear up multiple Alts.

C. The UCs handed in have an inflation amount everytime you use them. 500/1000/2000/10000?

D. Pvpers are neglected because we will not be able to gear fast and if we don’t play pve, it will take 12 months of grinding UCs to gear one character.

E. Not everyone wants to play in a SH. Actually hardly anybody is because it’s bugged and has lots of Desync.

G. For Pvpers, our new content when there is a drought (like 99% of the time for pvp) is playing other classes. When we can not play other classes, it’s worse than you getting no content for 3 months.

A. Many players even pvp players participate in random last boss lockouts from groupfinder when the queue is slow and that's an instant 3 memory cores in 20 minutes. Meanwhile the pve player is still in hour 5 queue waiting for the mass queue of ranked players and progress 1/20 at a time (15 minutes per match, 10 if the get destroyed by premade masters)

B. Hence why I said some definitely not all. Even I have barely any components cause of the same reason of gearing alts.

C. The inflation is per character (at least that's how it was described) and it's a weekly basis as they said so you either wait and pay small amounts or panic buy and spend more. Which is honestly a good system that goes against stockpiling and rewards weekly grinding.

D. 12 months is definitely and exaggeration but between 3-4 if you only spend 1-2 pieces a week honestly sounds reasonable, and that doesn't take into account 252 upgrades from crates.

E. SH was just a mention, 2 other maps were added which definitely adds more variety.

G (F?) Swapping classes for different play styles, and playing with different players especially with your premades makes it enjoyable. And by 3 months I hope you meant 3 years cause that's what it took to get GftM from Revan.