A few DvL questions at level 50

Walkerlang

So, I got back in the game right around DvL and have been having lots of fun. I recently just hit 50 with my Jedi Shadow, and unlocked my 2nd reward pack. Next on my checklist is Valient level where I have to complete Revan and the first 9 of Fallen empire.

I've still got lots of main story left, as well as Rise of Hutt Cartel, and probably some other story stuff too. Do I need to do all of this before Reven and Fallen empire (I think I need to be around 55 min to start revan), or can I just skip to Revan whenever it unlocks?

I realize now the difficulty level isn't great because I'm overlevel'd, but do Revan and FE ever get difficult?

Is the unlock for Eternal Champions diffficult? I think you need to reach level 5.

Since I've been doing all this on a Pub character, do I only need to get to 65 anyway possible for the Imperial character?

Thanks for any help and or advice.

So, I got back in the game right around DvL and have been having lots of fun. I recently just hit 50 with my Jedi Shadow, and unlocked my 2nd reward pack. Next on my checklist is Valient level where I have to complete Revan and the first 9 of Fallen empire.

I've still got lots of main story left, as well as Rise of Hutt Cartel, and probably some other story stuff too. Do I need to do all of this before Reven and Fallen empire (I think I need to be around 55 min to start revan), or can I just skip to Revan whenever it unlocks?

yes you can jump right in. Be warned that some original story elements are referred to in SOR and KotFE so 'spoiler alert' (in fact the mission terminal on your ship does give you a spoiler alert warning). Furthermore certain original story elements get locked out, specifically the class story; once you start KotFE you cannot go back and finish your class story.

I realize now the difficulty level isn't great because I'm overlevel'd, but do Revan and FE ever get difficult?

There are certain boss fights that might seem difficult but they are more time consuming than difficult...sorry.

Is the unlock for Eternal Champions diffficult? I think you need to reach level 5.

Just my opinion, but TEC does not get "difficult" until round 7.

Since I've been doing all this on a Pub character, do I only need to get to 65 anyway possible for the Imperial character?

I believe so.

Thanks for any help and or advice.

answers in green

Do I need to do all of this before Reven and Fallen empire (I think I need to be around 55 min to start revan), or can I just skip to Revan whenever it unlocks?

I'm doing a Republic DvL character (and an Imp) myself. Because of all the experience boosts, and by doing some flashpoints, I was able to go to Makeb (level 51) before I even got to Voss in the main story. I did all of Makeb's main story, although I could have skipped a bit, and then went straight to SoR. After SoR, I went straight to KoFE, skipping Ziost. (Note though - check other achievements to see if Ziost is needed for anything.)

Some of the later chapters of KoFE can get more difficult, but basically SoR and chapters 1-9 of KoFE are not hard

It can take a few attempts (or a read on Duffy's) to get into the mechanics, but it's not too hard.

I hope so, because that's what I'm basically going to do. :)

I'm doing a Republic DvL character (and an Imp) myself. Because of all the experience boosts, and by doing some flashpoints, I was able to go to Makeb (level 51) before I even got to Voss in the main story. I did all of Makeb's main story, although I could have skipped a bit, and then went straight to SoR. After SoR, I went straight to KoFE, skipping Ziost. (Note though - check other achievements to see if Ziost is needed for anything.)

It is needed for one part of Legendary, and you have messed it up on that character (like the rest of the SoR content, it is locked out once you start KotFE).

Thanks for the quick responses.

Do you have to unlock the rewards in order, because I think I may get eternal level way before champion level.

And I'm just assuming I'll never come close to Legendary...lol.

You can do them in any order, although it is almost impossible to do any of the others without doing the first two along the way, and doing the first one (get level 25) not-first *is* impossible.

It is needed for one part of Legendary, and you have messed it up on that character (like the rest of the SoR content, it is locked out once you start KotFE).

Well, I wouldn't say I "messed up". When I started DvL I looked at the various requirements and figured the only "levels" I'd actually bother to go for would be Heroic, Legacy, and Valiant, so I didn't bother doing things that weren't in those levels. :)

There is possibility that I might get Eternal level, but that's about it. I'm certainly not going to bother with any PvP or plague stuff, or maxing crafting, etc. :)

However, the OP may want to try for those, which is why I mentioned Ziost.

So, to the OP and others doing DvL, check the requirements for the various DVL levels and decide which ones you may actually want to go for, before skipping anything.

Edited by JediQuaker

There is possibility that I might get Eternal level, but that's about it. I'm certainly not going to bother with any PvP or plague stuff, or maxing crafting, etc. :)

Curiously, my "main" DvL character (Light-side Commando) won the following Legendary scores so far:

* Kill 50 Rakghouls. Hey, I had to go to Taris, right? And Taris is covered in raks, right? Killing 50 raks, therefore, is trivial.

* Get 1 million credits. Another character mailed her the money.

* Crafting. This character did 3 of the 6 by "craft-while-play". Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech. My other-faction to-65 character (Dark-side SI) is currently finishing the 3rd of hers. (Biochem, having already done Artifice and Synthweaving)

* Conduct 3 Bounty Contract hits. I was distressed to discover that Kingpin hits don't count for the event.

* Infect 5 players. This one cost me about 45 minutes (last night) of standing around on the fleet on the SI waiting for other people's or my plague debuffs to time out. I infected 2 people on the first explosion and 3 on the second. While I waited, I supervised my crew as they crafted, ran off and bought more schematics, bought white crafting resources, yadda yadda yadda.

I haven't even touched PvP or the EC yet.

Most of the lesser objectives on Legendary are a bit like that. All HMFPs, well, that's a little different. And I'm sure I can go stand in a corner somewhere in WZs until I have the required valor... (That's a joke. I intend to give it a go, and actually try. We'll see how it goes. I might try to combine it with the SI recruiting Pierce.)

Can you change crew skills on a character once you cap it? Can you go back to it again?

In the crew skills panel (B), click the little X by the crew skill you want to drop, then click to confirm in the box that pops up, and it's gone.

WARNING: Your character will forget *everything* about the skill you drop. If you go back to it, you start again at level 1 without any special schematics you learned before you dropped it.

Assuming I'm not going for legendary completion, am I fine just having one Pub and one Imp DvL character? I have some older midlevel characters with different crafting skills that I don't want to abandon.

You don't have to do anything to your older characters. Your DvL characters can do everything they need to and it won't affect the others at all.

For the crafting part: I worked on the "craft-while-play" theory: run around doing what you'd normally do in the game, and send your companions off to craft and gather and do missions while you play. When they come back, send them out again. And again. And again. If you are doing class/planetary stories, you will pop 550 on your first craft skill most likely on Hoth, maybe a planet before, maybe a planet after, depending on whether you have Nico, Treek, and/or HK-51 available to take some of the workload. The second will come faster because you can organise your skills to have the most commonality between craft and gather/mission, and because you will have more companions by then. And do not make the mistake I made on my first character. Pay only to train components, never actual useful items, on the craft skills you plan to drop, since the credits you pay for them will be wasted.

EDIT: sorry, to answer your question: yes one on each faction is all you need unless you want to get the "get all to 50" part of Legendary.

EDIT 2: and even then, you only need a total of three DvL slots: create 1st, to 65. Create 2nd - other faction, to 65. Create 3rd, to 50, delete 3rd. Create 4th, to 50, delete 4th. ... Create 8th, to 50, delete or leave 8th.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

For those concerned about the PvP requirement, I can say it's not exactly horrible. This is coming from someone who avoids PvP like the plague in general and only bothers with it when it's a requirement for something. I did the Valor 5 bit on the weekend on two separate servers and it took me about 2-3 matches to hit rank 5. All I did was follow the group and attack whoever was in the red lettering until I was dead, then repeated it all after getting rez'ed. For me it was easier with a ranged character rather than my melee ones since I had the distance to run away screaming like a toddler when I started to get dogpiled.